Still happy with your Virtue amps?

1000a

Still happy with your Virtue amps?
« on: 3 Jun 2018, 02:45 am »
I am still happily using 2 ones as monos with the preamp sections disconnected. They run behind a TVC and a active tube preamp. Anybody still using their Virtue stuff or have you moved on to other things, specifically in the world of digital amps?

I ran into Seth over on Linkdin awhile back (as it seems his preferred chip supply ran out) he went back to work in the computer field.

jeffh

Re: Still happy with your Virtue amps?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2018, 03:08 am »
I still use my One.2 in my desktop system almost everyday with my GR Research LGK speaker.  It still sounds incredibly good. Here is an old picture with some different speakers.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2018, 03:22 am »
I still use my One.2 in my desktop system almost everyday with my GR Research LGK speaker.  It still sounds incredibly good. Here is an old picture with some different speakers.

I have see this site before...

megabigeye

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2018, 02:20 am »
A couple months ago I sent my Peachtree nova65SE to be repaired and re-hooked up the ol' One.3.  The Virtue is definitely the superior amp!  I only got the Peachtree because it has built in DAC, and headphone amp and I can use a remote. I'm halfway considering just using the Peachtree as a pre with the One.3, but I don't want the clutter.
I don't think I'll ever get rid of the Virtue... I kind of think of it as a collector's item now.

Also, if I recall, Seth closed Virtue to pursue his true calling. I'm all for following dreams and blah blah blah, but I've got my (audio) needs too!

OzarkTom

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2018, 02:44 am »
My Sensation with the Dodd tube buffer sounded much better than my Peachtree Nova also. I did advance to the DAC cherry monos, and I did notice a nice review on the In-Line Maraschinos by Seth before he left.

sugbob21

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2018, 02:00 pm »
hi Ozark Tom,
Can I ask what u are using as a preamp with your DAC cherry monos.

I too had a Virtue one .2  but have moved on..had battery power supply that went dead and have since changed my system around a bit.
Would think about the DAC amps just worried about down the chain...preamp, dac ..etc.

OzarkTom

« Reply #6 on: 5 Jun 2018, 01:07 pm »
hi Ozark Tom,
Can I ask what u are using as a preamp with your DAC cherry monos.

I too had a Virtue one .2  but have moved on..had battery power supply that went dead and have since changed my system around a bit.
Would think about the DAC amps just worried about down the chain...preamp, dac ..etc.

I am using the IFI Pro Ican. It has a lot of features and pairs great with the DAC amps. I am sure there are other great pres in this price range out there that will also match up.

The STM is a great value also for $1200 and you do not need a pre. Add a nice DAC and you are set.

1000a

« Reply #7 on: 5 Jun 2018, 07:26 pm »
Wish Seth had stayed in the audio business, great gear, prices and circle. Glad to see a few are still using his gear, I am sure quite a few still do but are simply not around. I was a-wall for quite awhile so.

Anyway I ran into this interview with Seth and the amp designer the other day

https://www.tnt-audio.com/intervis/virtue_e.html

OzarkTom

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jun 2018, 09:31 pm »
I got to meet Seth at LSAF a few years ago. Seth was fun to hang out with, he is a great guy. :thumb:

Randy

« Reply #9 on: 5 Jun 2018, 11:52 pm »
I still use my Sensation (I bought one of the last ones to come out of the company) in my bedroom system. I probably now listen to it more than I do my main system for a variety of reasons. It sounds just fine and always did. I had a battery power supply but didn't hook it up when I brought it to the bedroom and got one of the heavy duty AC power supplies.

Rocket

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jun 2018, 09:58 am »
Hello Guys,

I still have a Virtue Audio oNe.3 amplifier in my system.  Currently, using the amplifier with Nuforce s9 speakers and the sound is very good.

Seth was a pleasure to deal with.

Cheers Rod

PSB Guy

« Reply #11 on: 6 Jun 2018, 11:53 am »
I still have an original Virtue One in my upstairs office system. It has the upgraded power supply and is fed by an Audioquest Dragonfly Black DAC. It's a great little amp.

Cornelis

1000a

« Reply #12 on: 22 Jun 2018, 02:59 am »
I'm on the research war path for better power supplies - i think I have found an excellent 28v / 240w / 8.6amp  - if anyone is interested they appear to 122.00 desktop smps  - pretty excited about these.

Which the experts where around to study the specs

still happily using 2 Virtue Ones (as mono amps) w a tube pre -  :D

lucilius

« Reply #13 on: 24 Jun 2018, 09:30 pm »
     I managed to pick up a 2nd 1.2 from Jason last September to use as mono blocks.  Both are mesa yellow and sit on top of my Wharfedale W70's.  The walls behind them are knotty pine. The combination looks and sounds good.  I use an Emotiva Basx preamp and both 1.2's have 30v power supplies. 
     I also have a Sensation 451.  With only 2 power supplies, I have to trade around.  Right now the Sensation is running through the Emotiva and the 1.2 I got from Jason, which has sonicaps, is up on my sun porch with an old Adcom preamp and driving a pair of Elac B5's.
     Good music everywhere.  I will probably never get rid of my Virtue Audio products.

James

gary schwob

« Reply #14 on: 1 Jul 2018, 11:18 pm »
Yes, use mine every day and will continue doing so. Thank you Seth for bring such musical joy and excellence into our lives. Gary

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #15 on: 17 Jul 2018, 07:32 pm »
Wish Seth had stayed in the audio business, great gear, prices and circle. Glad to see a few are still using his gear, I am sure quite a few still do but are simply not around. I was a-wall for quite awhile so.

l still use a tweaked Sensation  M901 ( Russian PIO Caps)  and M451 ( Clarity Caps) and they still sound great- blooming shame that Virtue not making amps at the moment. :(

Currently using M901 with batteries on ProAc Tablette 10 and for a small room system is very good indeed! :D

« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2018, 03:22 am by Tarzan »

lilakmonoke

« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2019, 08:53 pm »
i definitely still use these amps, in fact i have three of them. i produce electronic music in berlin and pair these with dynaudio bmp15p monitor speakers and the result is spectacular. seth was great to deal with and i suspect he might be back. he seems to be the mad scientist entrepreneur type ...

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2019, 08:33 pm »
Yes still enjoying my two Sensations..... l have tried other amps and still keep coming back to them..... wonderful and musical sounding amplifiers.... Still thinking of putting the best caps l can afford in my M451.

Come on other Virtue owners let us try and keep the forum open. :thumb:

doorman

« Reply #18 on: 29 May 2019, 12:44 am »
I foolishly sold my Virtue 1.2, wish I still had it.
Anybody selling one, please PM me !
Don

lucilius

« Reply #19 on: 4 Jun 2019, 05:49 am »

Contact Jason.  He still may have access to some.

James