Impression series... I am at a loss.

Rivalaudio

Impression series... I am at a loss.
« on: 11 Sep 2018, 03:11 pm »
I dont know what to say other than I am confused as to why Gik wont offer the impression design plates to existing customers who might want to add them to their already purchased traps. I emailed and was told thats not an option which is very off-putting. Perhaps I am missing something but that seems like a real odd decision and far from customer focused.

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
Re: Impression series... I am at a loss.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2018, 03:29 pm »
It's something we've talked about for sure.... there are a few issues with making them available. First is that they are designed to mount to the Impression panel interior framing. You can't just screw them into any old panel, including our 242/244/Monsters. They aren't the right size (Impression Panels are a bit smaller), and the panel has to be able to accept the mounting screws lined up with the mounting holes on the plates. So this is a quality control issue. Our Impression plates are highly recognizable and we don't want our plates "hacked" to mount to other panels they weren't designed for, resulting in a substandard look (and also possibly performance depending on how it's mounted).

Second, the cost of the plate itself is much of the cost of the entire finished panel, so if we were to sell the plates they wouldn't cost much less than the finished panel itself. People might not respond well to that.

If you want to use Impression panels, the best thing to do is to order what you want to replace the existing panels, and then either repurpose the old panels into a new role, or perhaps sell them on the used market (our panels hold their value pretty well).

There are probably other considerations above my pay grade as well, but these are the main issues as I see them. In the meantime, we remain very customer-driven, offering a very wide variety of affordable products, including DIY materials and support/advice for everyone.