Gotta love *bay!!

Brad

Gotta love *bay!!
« on: 28 Oct 2003, 02:43 am »
I had the high bid on a nice Fisher 500c receiver (Like I needed another one....) For the last few days.   Kept an eye on it all the way up to the last 38 seconds, when it wouldn't refresh.   When the smoke cleared, 11 bids were made in that time frame, none of them by me.

Talk about snipe city.   At least 'gon has an overtime period to stop that crap.   I'm sure I'm not alone in this experience.

Oh well   :x

doug s.

• makin' music
Gotta love *bay!!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2003, 01:09 pm »
i don't bid on a-gon precicesly cuz they *have* an overtime.   :wink:   and, i also never bid on ebay until the last 5 seconds of an auction - no reason to drive up the prices w/early proxy bidding, imo...

ymmv,

doug s.

JoshK

Gotta love *bay!!
« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2003, 02:08 pm »
I'm with Doug.  I am patient and usually watch about 5 auctions for what I want to bid on if I can and then bid at the last minute only and don't get carried away.  If I loose, wait till next auction and do it again.  Of course with vintage one of a kind stuff this isn't possible but I see a real problem potential otherwise.

Marbles

Gotta love *bay!!
« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2003, 03:01 pm »
Brad, that's a bummer, but you know how the game is played.

Each place, ebay and Agon has it's own set of rules, and it is exactly like a game.  With Ebay, it's bid the most you want at the last possible second.

With Agon, it's bid the most you want at the last possible second 5 minutes before the auction ends  :wink: