DIY Stereo Mixer

mezzman

DIY Stereo Mixer
« on: 10 Jan 2003, 06:47 pm »
I'm planning on designing a high quality audiophile grade stereo 'DJ' mixer and wanted to know if I can get help from anyone who may have info on this or something similar. I plan on having 4 inputs; 2 phono/line and 2 line only.
Are there any resources for designing stereo mixer devices online? Any other info on working with op-amps, equalization and general audio circuitry would be highly appreciated.

JohnR

DIY Stereo Mixer
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2003, 03:39 am »
Hi Mezzman, you might like to check out Rod Eliot's site, he has a number of projects that might be of interest. This page here looks most relevant, follow the link to the "Stage and Recording Mixer" which might be close to what you are after - ?

http://sound.westhost.com/projects-6.htm

massappeal85

DIY Stereo Mixer
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2003, 04:27 am »
Project 94 and 06 on the site JohnR linked to would probably have everything you need except the crossfader and headphone cue. Good luck.

mezzman

DIY Stereo Mixer
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2003, 04:39 am »
I will try those out, thanks for the link!
I had figured that a good amount of the elements (power supply, headphone amp, RIAA preamp, etc) would be available as modules I can merge together into one box, making an interesting project.
This whole idea stemmed from a few DJ buddies talking about how the old Bozak CMA-10-2DL mixer from the 60's sounds better than any currently produced unit. I want to prove that with todays technology and components, you can make something that sounds at least as good.

massappeal85

DIY Stereo Mixer
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2003, 10:58 pm »
Well, let us know if you make any progress. I've been looking into something like this as well.