GR Research for sale? Really?

bdp24

Re: GR Research for sale? Really?
« Reply #40 on: 14 Feb 2014, 10:36 am »
The buyer will need to possess both the technical knowledge and business acumen that Danny does. There aren't a lot of guys like that around. 

satie

« Reply #41 on: 5 Mar 2014, 04:20 am »
I suggest you do the unselling kind of thing. Hire a person to do all the things you don't want to. Give a low base pay and profit sharing. Do a short term contract of a few months at a time. If the business is that successful, then you can afford it. If the guy works out, then setup an equity for work program that slowly makes him a partner then whole owner with you on a consultant basis. I am sure there are plenty of us audionuts who would take it on.

Doublej

« Reply #42 on: 5 Mar 2014, 12:36 pm »
The challenge with these small business is the value is tied directly to the owner. How many companies have we seen just shut down when the owner died or decided to get out of the business. The two that immediately come to mind are AudioConcepts and VMPS.

I agree with others. The easier route may be to find someone to help you out to free up time so you can have more time to focus on the things in life that will bring you more joy.

Danny - I hope you find a suitable buyer. It would be sad to not see the huge investment you have made continue to flourish.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #43 on: 5 Mar 2014, 03:04 pm »
Do the takers have to be Texas natives? 

edn4x4

« Reply #44 on: 5 Mar 2014, 03:47 pm »

knock - knock - opportunity is knocking Tyler!

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #45 on: 5 Mar 2014, 04:05 pm »
knock - knock - opportunity is knocking Tyler!

I know, I know.   :o

Danny Richie

« Reply #46 on: 5 Mar 2014, 04:41 pm »

Hey, it couldn't hurt.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #47 on: 5 Mar 2014, 04:47 pm »
This is a wonderful opportunity you are offering.  For someone like me, I can't uproot to Texas.  I'm too in love with the GF  :duh:

Danny Richie

« Reply #48 on: 5 Mar 2014, 04:52 pm »
This is a wonderful opportunity you are offering.  For someone like me, I can't uproot to Texas.  I'm too in love with the GF  :duh:

Just bring her down for a visit.  :thumb:

bdp24

« Reply #49 on: 5 Mar 2014, 05:37 pm »
Mine loved Austin when we went there for South-by-Southwest. There's also a good record store (Waterloo) in Austin, and of course Rythmik! Too bad so few college-age youngin's are into good sound, 'cause the University of Texas is there as well.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #50 on: 5 Mar 2014, 06:03 pm »
She has family in Houston who are wanting to grow  :)  A trip may be in the near future.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #51 on: 5 Mar 2014, 06:09 pm »
We have WAY too many people moving to Austin:  400 to 700 people per week!  Still the fastest growing city in the country.  I'm looking for the gate and am going to padlock it.
Native Texan would be the best bet.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: 5 Mar 2014, 06:15 pm »
We have WAY too many people moving to Austin:  400 to 700 people per week!  Still the fastest growing city in the country.  I'm looking for the gate and am going to padlock it.
Austin = New California (one of)

Danny Richie

« Reply #53 on: 5 Mar 2014, 06:18 pm »

If the rest of the people in the US only knew what it cost around here for housing, they'd be stunned.

Hank if you need to move to the Northern part of the state let me know. Housing is a buyers market right now.

bdp24

« Reply #54 on: 5 Mar 2014, 06:33 pm »
A friend of mine in Austin bought a three bedroom house there for $80,000. The same house in L.A. is about $400,000!

Danny Richie

« Reply #55 on: 5 Mar 2014, 06:39 pm »
A friend of mine in Austin bought a three bedroom house there for $80,000. The same house in L.A. is about $400,000!

Let me show you what $400,000 will get you around here.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/804-E-Texas-Ave_Iowa-Park_TX_76367_M86964-47172?row=6

Property Details

HISTORICAL TWO STORY HOME, BUILT FOR W.F. GEORGE, RECEIVED THE WICHITA COUNTY HERITAGE SOCIETY PRESERVATION AWARD IN 2008. THIS GEORGIAN COLONIAL HOME OFFERS FORMAL LIVING AND DINING ROOMS, FAMILY ROOM, GAME ROOM, OFFICE AND BASEMENT. LARGE EATIN KITCHEN WITH ISLAND AND BUTLER�S PANTRY. ISOLATED DOWNSTAIRS MASTER SUITE. 5 BED, 3 BATH, 3 LIVING AREAS. DETACHED GARAGE, SHOP, AND APARTMENT ALL SITUATED ON 4ACRES

General Information
Beds5 Bed
House Size4,384 Sq Ft
Price$399,000
Property TypeSingle Family Home
Stories2

Here is a good pic.

It belongs to my Mom and Dad. If this were in the Dallas area it would be a 2 million dollar home.

jcotner

« Reply #56 on: 5 Mar 2014, 07:19 pm »
I'm guessing that would be your Vette in the picture?
Although I don't remember yours being that vintage.
I like that "Large Eatin Kitchen", don't you know that's
a Texas thing ya all!

IronForge

« Reply #57 on: 5 Mar 2014, 08:14 pm »
Let me show you what $400,000 will get you around here.

Here is a good pic.

It belongs to my Mom and Dad. If this were in the Dallas area it would be a 2 million dollar home.

Very nice vette!  The house is fab too!

Danny Richie

« Reply #58 on: 5 Mar 2014, 08:28 pm »
Several people have asked about our inventory level. I don't want to throw out numbers online but I can tell you that aside from what I stock in my office and garage there are three 40 foot ocean freight containers and one 20 foot ocean freight container that is completely full of inventory.

persisting1

« Reply #59 on: 5 Mar 2014, 09:49 pm »
Seeing such a beautiful home at such an amazing price makes me sad  :sad: