"Soup's On!"

DeadFish

"Soup's On!"
« on: 10 Oct 2004, 07:13 am »
If you haven't found them already in the Gallery, here's a link to 10 pix.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=411
Guess you folks can see what I've been looking at.
Found a fellar 'outside in the smoke' who bought some Altec Valencias last week and is still in love...  :)
Much more in the box here, but too burnt to process them.  
A return to some good stuff tomorrow, SPTechnologies room, I think, yes, back to Exemplar tomorrow...I talked to John Tucker from there last nite while chainsmoking together outside.  He suggested that he might be able to put me in touch with someone capable of designing new crossovers for the Altec 19s.  (I"m going to have to get a 'familiar' name for those things.  I'm already calling the 300b dual mono 'the humming bastard', so I'll have to get witty)
Now I will have to find that guy, and someone to build them.
John's take on 'Iconic' (which I read about on Altec Heritage site) rebuilding or making 'super crossovers' is ditto of mine.  I have been promised 'Vaporware' in the Atari world, and know that smell.  Naw, it ain't the smell of 'DeadFish'....more like brown pooh...
5 unanswered emails in 2 months  after bragging...
Yeah, it tastes like it smells.

Ah, Willie! Jack Elaino sends his best, and got a great laugh that you sent me to find him!    Am gonna take a digital pic (if I can find it) off the peecee and put in the camera to show him of your Wurlitzer Locomotive.  He's an enthusiastic guy, and a peach to talk with.

Well, time to close the eyes...
More to come...

DF

Scott F.

"Soup's On!"
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2004, 04:58 pm »
Nice job Bill,

Been following the threads over at the NY Audio Rave.

Enjoy!

DeadFish

"Soup's On!"
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2004, 05:35 pm »
Thanks Scott.
Leaning into the listening today, besides learning how to solder.

While uploading the pix last nite, there was power blip and I had a major crash to rebuild from all nite.  Got lucky this time.

THEN, went up and took a few pix this morning of Wayne @ Bolder, and pfft! No battery left on camera.

Seems like 'Someone' was telling me, screw the camera/tripod/etc, and
ENJOY THE MUSIC!

"I heard a voice telling me to flee
The very same Voice, that I'd always believe...."
                                                                       Robt. Hunter

More later, just checking on the battery. heheheh

Regards,
DF

drummerwill

"Soup's On!"
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2004, 12:50 am »
Yo Bill
  I thought you might enjoy a talk with Jack! Great guy did you check out his newest DHT amps with the Tubeless front ends. Saw a pic from RMAF of them.
   Keep up the great work Fish!
      Have fun !
     Willie

steve k

"Soup's On!"
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2004, 01:07 pm »
Great pics Bill! Thanks for the inside view. Those Hartsfields look sweet. Wish we could be there.
steve k

bmed

"Soup's On!"
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2004, 02:33 pm »
Great pics DF!   Man the Electronluv stuff drives me mad!  If I sold my car, I'd still need to come up with $19,000  :lol: .

Thanks for the coverage

Brad

electricbear

"Soup's On!"
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2004, 03:36 pm »
nice pics, thanks for posting them and allowing us to live vicariously through you.