Thanks John! My story so far.

Oborous

« on: 17 Jan 2005, 10:50 pm »
Hi All,

I wanted to post my heartfelt thanks to John as I travel down my own audio path.  

I'm an audio noob, but I'm honestly trying to learn. I don't understand many of the things I'm doing, but given my background, I consider myself excellent at determining what is the ultimate as a component.  TVC's quickly became a no-brainer for volume attenuation.

I've been lurking for a two years now, purchased my TVC's last year, trying to slowly gather all the parts for my first amplifier.  I kept the TVC's in their original packaging, up until two weeks ago when I started the actual assembly.  One of the leads from the tranny wasn't connected, don't know what happened nor why.

John was a gentleman of the highest school, not only didn't he try to assign any blame to me (much to my surprise... I deal with alot of computer tech's {No offense intended to Computer Techs, I've been one; just the whole user abuse assignment mentality really gets annoying}), he express mailed me a replacement even before receiving the non-functional tranny.  You must remember that John doesn't know me from Adam, I purchased the tranny's a year ago and doesn't know how I stored them; but his trust and professionalism made my week when I found the replacement tranny waiting for me.

I have appriciated our communications, I consider the language used to be informative on many levels.  I have returned to these e-mails to learn more things on a deeper level than I originally read into them.

Although my amplifier hasn't been completed yet, I know my amp will be a better product due to John's help. (If you know of a GFCI circut breaker/switch that's fast & won't mess with my AC line that much or a source of nickle shielding that isn't stupidly expensive, please tell me.)

I know of no better way to thank John than by passing on my excellent experiences to help others with their purchase decisions.

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2005, 02:09 am »
Hello!

Thanks for the kind words. Made me blush.....

I learned a long time back the first stab you have at solving any customer concern or problem is a chance to take care of it and actually come out ahead. Trying to point blame is just a waste of energy since in the end you need to take care of it anyway. We have been rather lucky with the stuff from S&B but out of several hundred trannies so far there have been a couple of gotcha's come up. To be expected I guess but we'll try and do better in the future!

Sorry for the hassle but glad it is back on track.

Thanks!

John

tkp

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2005, 02:11 am »
I completely agree with you about John.  There are only a few audio designers/manufacturers whom are truly gentlement when it comes to dealing with customers/audio enthusiasts and John is one of them.  

I have known and dealt with John for many years now and it was a pleasure every time we do bussiness.

Doc Jr 8156

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2005, 02:27 am »
John is the Man!  All comments regarding John are stellar.  One of a kind.  Godspeed.

andrew

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2005, 07:26 pm »
Couldn't agree more!!!!