2013 Capitol Audio Fest

Phil A

Re: 2013 Capitol Audio Fest
« Reply #60 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:04 am »
Didn't we decide on that deli/café place?

Don't believe so. Except for the ale house near the old place, it seems to wait until last minute to decide. Right now I'm focused on getting some stuff done Friday morning and get over to the Metro about 10:45 give or take a couple of minutes to make it there a but before noon.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #61 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:16 am »
Don't believe so. Except for the ale house near the old place, it seems to wait until last minute to decide. Right now I'm focused on getting some stuff done Friday morning and get over to the Metro about 10:45 give or take a couple of minutes to make it there a but before noon.

Adega Wine Cellars & Café for lunch.

Phil A

« Reply #62 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:20 am »
We can meet in the lobby as Jon suggested and to help everyone decide - here's the menu - http://www.yelp.com/menu/adega-wine-cellars-and-cafe-silver-spring

Sounds good to me

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #63 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:22 am »
We can meet in the lobby as Jon suggested and to help everyone decide - here's the menu - http://www.yelp.com/menu/adega-wine-cellars-and-cafe-silver-spring

Sounds good to me

How's the hotel food?

Phil A

« Reply #64 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:28 am »
No idea - but we can look at the menu.  The last time I ate in Silver Spring was probably a couple of years back.  I met some people to go to a movie and we ate at an Ethiopian place which was pretty interesting.  And the time before that I ate there was probably like 5 years ago and I don't remember where I ate.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #65 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:30 am »

Sounds good to me

There's quite a few options @ City Place Mall, and wouldn't be against trying that one.  Will probably hit Lebanese Taverna Cafe next door at some point during the weekend.

Dinner-wise on some night there seemed to be a few who expressed interest in "Mi Rancho", which I'm game for. 

Guess Phil's got the right approach : no need to over think / plan the thing, particularly if we have a potential rally point to meet & decide depending on who shows up.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #66 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:33 am »
There's quite a few options @ City Place Mall, and wouldn't be against trying that one.  Will probably hit Lebanese Taverna Cafe next door at some point during the weekend.

Dinner-wise on some night there seemed to be a few who expressed interest in "Mi Rancho", which I'm game for. 

Guess Phil's got the right approach : no need to over think / plan the thing, particularly if we have a potential rally point to meet & decide depending on who shows up.

We're having steak for dinner.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #67 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:45 am »
We're having steak for dinner.

Chill - there will be blood!  :cool:

Marginally pricey, but I'm still down for Ray's for steaks!

Phil A

« Reply #68 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:48 am »

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #69 on: 25 Jul 2013, 05:49 am »
I'll be coming down with a guest later Friday night, some of you may see us in the bar if you hang around late.  I'll check the menu there for lunch and post something Friday night if I'm sober enough.  Surprisingly rooms were available at the Sheraton up till tonight so we'll be staying there.  We'll meet with anyone who shows up in the lobby at noon for lunch and head out to wherever the majority wishes to go.  Unfortunately she has an early call at work Sunday so we'll be leaving before the dinner hour and will be missing our traditional Saturday dinner, I'm sure you'll soldier on without me somehow.  It will be fun seeing you guys again and showing a potential new audiophile some really fine systems.  She was impressed with my home setup, so she should be blown away by some of the exhibits.

tonyptony

« Reply #70 on: 25 Jul 2013, 12:01 pm »
I'm not sure where you are seeing an online purchase?  http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/p722.html

D'oh! That's just to win a prize! :duh: I thought it was like Chester Group where e-tix can be purchased in advance.

Phil A

« Reply #71 on: 25 Jul 2013, 12:18 pm »
D'oh! That's just to win a prize! :duh: I thought it was like Chester Group where e-tix can be purchased in advance.

PS - if you go and see a car with '911' on it don't take it for a joy ride thinking it's a Porsche, it's probably a police car :green: :green: :green:

Occam

« Reply #72 on: 25 Jul 2013, 01:06 pm »
I'd like to invite folks to the SteroDesk's rooms 710, 712, and the Magnolia Ballroom.

http://stereodesk.com/pages/capital-audio-festival-and-stereodesk

Please visit the link to see the the wonderful array of kit in the rooms.
Its also an opportunity to meet Dave Slagle and hear his take on implementing a Slagleformer in a preamp, as well as his 50 meshplate monoblocks, straingauge cartridge, phonostage.... from his new company Emia.

I won't be there, but I'm proud to provide their power and analog cabling.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #73 on: 25 Jul 2013, 01:42 pm »
I have to work Friday but I will be there Saturday and Sunday after golf.  I am usually done by 10:30.  I think I can get there by 11:30.  See y'all there.

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #74 on: 25 Jul 2013, 01:44 pm »
We'll have SACD playback in the DCAudioDIY (www.dcaudiodiy.com) room, but only via the analog outs on a Sony NS999ES.  Drop by and see us in suite 804 sometime.  I'll be there all weekend, and would probably be up for whatever is going on for dinner as long as someone lets me know what's going on after I get there  :green:

Roscoe

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #75 on: 25 Jul 2013, 04:00 pm »
based on last year, i would really try to hear soundfield audio speakers, volti audio speakers, & horning eufrodite speakers (at highwater sound).  i thought the classic audio speakers had potential, if in a different room, and/or better set up.  maybe this year.  i also am extremely interested in hearing the new jantzens; what i have read about them sounds enticing.

i am thinking i will take work off friday, so i can go to the show & get a better start...

re: food meet-up, anything but a steakhouse is appealing to me.  while i like steak, it's the last thing i'd want to go to a restaurant for.  ethiopian, lebanese, asian, or the parkway deli sounds much better.  but i am game for anything, and i won't boycott a steak place if that's the choice.

email me at sedond at yahoo dot com as i am unable to read pm's on this site.

doug s.

this_is_vv

« Reply #76 on: 25 Jul 2013, 04:03 pm »
We'll have SACD playback in the DCAudioDIY (www.dcaudiodiy.com) room, but only via the analog outs on a Sony NS999ES.  Drop by and see us in suite 804 sometime.  I'll be there all weekend, and would probably be up for whatever is going on for dinner as long as someone lets me know what's going on after I get there  :green:

Roscoe

i was there last year talking about my Lionux mpd project...hope to catch some folks again...

pansixt

« Reply #77 on: 26 Jul 2013, 12:33 am »
I have to work Friday but I will be there Saturday and Sunday after golf.  I am usually done by 10:30.  I think I can get there by 11:30.  See y'all there.

I have to work Friday and Saturday. But I'll keep an eye out for you on Sunday Rim.
Unfortunately I'll miss a lot of you as well as the traditional dinner. :x
I will try to catch those of you hosting or assisting.
James

vinyl_lady

« Reply #78 on: 26 Jul 2013, 01:15 am »
I'm in DC on business and plan to be there on Friday. Looking forward to seeing/meeting you guys.

Laura

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #79 on: 26 Jul 2013, 01:16 am »
Be there tomorrow with Pumpkinman for most the day.