Prayers For Bob's Wife And Her Family

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Prayers For Bob's Wife And Her Family
« on: 13 Jun 2009, 11:49 pm »
Friends,

It's with much sadness that I come to you now.  Many of you have become good friends over the years and I know I can count on your help.

Cherri's (my wife) mom just passed away early last Tuesday while down in Mexico.  She had been battling a rare blood disorder "a-plastic anemia" for the last few months and went down there seeking treatment.  Apparently there wasn't much the doctors could do for her in the Sacramento/San Francisco area other than a bone marrow transplant, but they said at her age (at only 62???) and in her condition, she probably wouldn't survive the procedure.  So... Mexico was her last hope... but it was too late.

Anyway, her sisters live in the Sacramento area too, so they are having the memorial service there on the 23rd.  That means we'll be flying out next weekend on the 21st and back again on the 27th.

My main reason for writing is to ask all of you that are of such persuasion, to say a little prayer for her and her sisters and their kids, etc.  A little prayer for our safety on the trip would be helpful too.  Thanks ever so much as it is truly appreciated.

It's been a real roller coaster as near the end she was admitted to the hospital looking pretty bad, but then started to get better.  Then suddenly... she was gone.

Also, I wanted to let everybody know that during the last week and a half or so, this ongoing issue has severely impacted my work schedule - particularly on the Black Boxes.  Now that I also have to leave for a week, that pushes everything back at least that long too.  Everything is a big mess right now and of course, my wife is having her share of trouble dealing with it all.  I?ve been trying to spend as much time with her as possible in order to support her during all of this, and it has really limited how much time I?ve been able to work.

I sincerely apologize for this, but we didn't see it coming.  My mother-in-law was getting semi-regular blood transfusions for some time and seemed to be fairly stable for at least 2 or 3 months.  In my opinion, the trip to Mexico was what really did her in.  Well that, and a couple of weeks before she left her husband filed for divorce.  Yeah... read my mind.  Hope I don't see him while I'm there.

Anyway, I beg your patience in all of this and really do appreciate your thoughts and prayers.  Bless you my friends.

-Bob

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Prayers For Bob's Wife And Her Family
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2009, 11:53 pm »
Bob,
As per your email earlier I am truly said for you and your wife's loss, but am pleased that you all can make the trip.  Prayers and thoughts from Westlake, OH. 

Mariusz

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2009, 02:22 am »
Sorry to hear about that Bob.
My condolences  to your wife and the whole family.
I understand what kind of toll it takes on those around and close to her.
We went thru similar misfortune few years back when my wife's mother was defeated by brain cancer and her father pass away 8 months later. He was drained, exhausted and lonely and his hearth could not take it anymore. It was shock for the whole family as they were both in late 50's.

I hope you and your wife will get thru this together.

Best
Mariusz

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2009, 04:56 am »
Bob,

Give Cherri our love and our deepest sympathy's and give her a hug for me too. You're in my prayer's. Best be a husband first and a business men second. We'll all be here when you get back.

Call me if you need anything.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2009, 03:32 pm »
This is sad news indeed Bob. Please let Cherri know that she and her family are in our hearts. Family first.

arthurs

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2009, 04:10 pm »
So very sorry to hear this Bob.  Please tell Cherri that her family and her entire extended family will be in our thoughts and prayers. 

Peace to all of you,

Art

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2009, 08:43 pm »
Guys,

Thanks so much, your kind words mean a lot to us right now.  Also... a special "thanks" for the prayers too.  Call me crazy (you wouldn't be the first and most likely not the last either), but while we were in church this morning I had a very strong "sense" that other's were praying for us.  Take it for what it's worth coming from a guy that also claims to hear "voices" too :o - but I knew you were all out there.  :wink:

Joe... I thought of calling you and would have too, if everything hadn't been so crazy.  I'm going to though and you won't believe the story I have to tell about the entire fiasco - and part of it is still going on too.  I've never seen such a screwed up situation.  For a few days it seemed Cherri was on the phone every 20 minutes or so with her sister in Mexico.  Talk about melodrama - geesh.  The "touch and go" with her mom's health was bad enough, but then the conditions and personalities involved was insane.  Man... I'm glad we have an international calling plan or I'd have to re-finance the house again just to pay the phone bill.

Anyway... Cherri's doing better now and I'm sure all of your prayers are helping her - so thanks again everybody and...

God bless,  :D
-Bob

PS.  Placerville is "gold country" where the orignal gold rush started, so guess what I'm going to be doing while the girls are going over their mom's belongings and what-not.   aa  Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to pay for the trip!

Phil

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2009, 08:59 pm »
Bob,

Have a safe trip.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this stressful time.  All the other stuff can wait.

Regards,

Phil

ooheadsoo

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2009, 11:19 pm »
Bob,

So sorry to hear that this happened.  Will definitely continue to pray for you and yours.  You should have told me what was going on instead of letting me blather on and on in our emails about trivialities.  I'll hold you accountable for that, you know? 

abe

bhobba

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2009, 11:49 pm »
Sorry to hear Bob.

My thoughts wil be with you in this time of sadness.

With Sadness
Bill

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2009, 12:54 am »
When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.

My condolences ....

Chris

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jun 2009, 04:29 pm »
Guys,

Thanks again to the rest of you.  It's nice to know we have friends that care out there.

Abe - Man... I didn't want to lay all of that on you.  Beside, she was doing better at the time we were e-mailing, and so we all thought she'd make it home to CA for further treatment.

On top of that, there wasn't much Cherri or I could do but wait and see, and I just kinda wanted to keep busy with orther stuff to take my mind off of it all.  I guess you're right though, I should have let you know considering all the other stuff we've discussed.  Please don't take offense.

On another note... did you get my last e-mail?  Life goes on so let me know your thoughts if you did.  I really need to get things rolling when I get back, so let me know your thoughts when you get a chance.

Anyway guys, thanks for all of your support.  Concerning the speakers stay tuned... I'll have an announcement to make when I get back - a "good" one too!  :D

-Bob

turkey

« Reply #12 on: 16 Jun 2009, 04:19 pm »
My condolences. A loss of a loved one is always hard to take.

It may sound impossible to do right now, but now is when you need to celebrate her life, not dwell on her death. Think of all the love, happiness, and joy she brought to everyone's lives.

bbchem

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jun 2009, 11:27 am »
   Dear Bob and family. our hearts go out to you in your time of need. Another example of bad things happening to good people, again our condolences.