James
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2012, 05:43 am by Marius »

Alpha10

Re: BDP-1 Recommended Interfaces
« Reply #321 on: 20 Sep 2012, 05:14 am »
Hi

Anyone tried IOS-6 ?

James

Hi James, I have tried MPad and Max2 on my iPad3 with IOS-6, both work fine.

Cheers

tomsenko

« Reply #322 on: 27 Sep 2012, 11:33 am »
Hi!

I can report that BDP-1 works flawlessly also with Nokia Symbian smartphones. I used the application called QMOBILEMPD

Toms

tomsenko

« Reply #323 on: 5 Nov 2012, 09:07 am »
Hi Folks

These APPS were tested on the Samsung Galaxy Tablet (7 inch version) and the Acer Iconia Tablet Model 200. Specifically the ‘MPDROID’ and ‘MPDROID HD’ worked extremely well.

James

Hi!

I have checked out the above two apps. Although technically working, they are practically unusable. MPDROID does not have a possibility to browese by folders - only albums/artists. DORID MPD HD has the possibility but displays the full path of the folders so after a few clicks you do not see what you are clicking anymore.

Bryston Max2 works well on android.

Toms

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #324 on: 6 Nov 2012, 03:30 am »
Hi Toms,

The next firmware revision S1.58 will see improved android compatibility with Max 2.  Release date mid November 2012, just going through final testing.

Cheers,
Chris

BB

« Reply #325 on: 22 Nov 2012, 06:07 am »
MPDROID does not have a possibility to browese by folders - only albums/artists.

MPDroid does support browsing by files/folders.  From the artists/albums page, tap the drop down menu in the upper left corner then select "Files".   I'm running MPDroid 1.03.1 (the newest version) on Galaxy Nexus and this feature works fine for me.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #326 on: 24 Nov 2012, 01:53 pm »
Hi Folks

I want to get a sense of what wireless interfaces you are using with you BDP -1 and what you like or dislike about it.

WINDOWS AND MAC APPS
MPAD
MPOD
MINION
GNOME
THEREMIN
MAX 2
QMPD

ANDROID APPS
MPDROID
PMIX
DROID MPD
BITMPC

thanks
James

Alpha10

« Reply #327 on: 24 Nov 2012, 03:24 pm »
^^^^

I use MPad and MPod 95% of the time and Max on the PC for the rest.

With Mpad I really like being able to scroll through my album artwork and pick'n play. Very simple and easy to use.

Cheers

terrycym

« Reply #328 on: 24 Nov 2012, 03:42 pm »
MPad here too.
Not much to dislike, really.
Looks really professional, intuative to use and doesn't get in the way.
I use Bryston Settings for managing the BDP but I find the other Bryston apps just don't suite me as well as MPad not that they're not very good, it's just a personal preference.

gil99

« Reply #329 on: 24 Nov 2012, 03:51 pm »
I use Mpod almost exclusively and there is nothing I really don't like about it.  It does everything that I really want it to do.

Gilles

jjc1

« Reply #330 on: 24 Nov 2012, 04:06 pm »
   I mainly use MPAD  because of the flexibility. Can find files by artist,album, song, drive ( which attached drive I want to access). Also features such as consume, playlist, etc. Mpod also is quite flexible.  I will occasionally use Max2 but it does not have enough features such as  sorting by artist but it does show file features  more readily  and  connects more easily. MPAD an MPOD  have more connection problems.

On rare occasions when I use my laptop (Windows), I will use Gnome which again has a lot of features. I can no longer connect to Minion which I liked a lot. I believe I mentioned this to you James, and you said that the BDP 1 was no longer supported by Minion.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #331 on: 24 Nov 2012, 04:12 pm »
   I mainly use MPAD  because of the flexibility. Can find files by artist,album, song, drive ( which attached drive I want to access). Also features such as consume, playlist, etc. Mpod also is quite flexible.  I will occasionally use Max2 but it does not have enough features such as  sorting by artist but it does show file features  more readily  and  connects more easily. MPAD an MPOD  have more connection problems.

On rare occasions when I use my laptop (Windows), I will use Gnome which again has a lot of features. I can no longer connect to Minion which I liked a lot. I believe I mentioned this to you James, and you said that the BDP 1 was no longer supported by Minion.

The latest Firefox with the Minion Patch works really well on my MAC Pro Laptop and my PC.

james

jjc1

« Reply #332 on: 24 Nov 2012, 04:13 pm »
 Thanks James. What is the latest Firefox version?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #333 on: 24 Nov 2012, 04:14 pm »
Thanks James. What is the latest Firefox version?

jjc1

« Reply #334 on: 24 Nov 2012, 04:22 pm »

ttsto

« Reply #335 on: 24 Nov 2012, 06:00 pm »
I have in my set-up Bryston BDP for very few days. I am used with Squeezebox interface since I have their player for long time
For remote I use Andoid tablet and smartphone

BITMPC and PMIX seems designed only for smartphone, the resolution on tablet is very poor. Out of them I like better PMIX, however I miss on its interface buttons for browsing for more music - you have to touch menu and after that you have option to browse by artist, album, files.

On tablet I tried Droid MPD and MPDroid. I prefer MPDroid because have direct button for browsing media, you can choose your default preference for browsing (by artist, by files...) and can display larger album art (in theory)

I failed to display album art (cover.jpg from music folder) so far on any of the apps. Sometimes MPDroid shows some album covers if is set-up to search on internet for them. I need to spend more time on this...

The feature that I miss the most is the way to play an album directly from the browsing interface. On Logitech interface I browse, open the folder, touch first song and all content of the folder become playlist and first song starts to play. On MPDroid is possible to do this only with long touch on the folder with the album, choose "add, replace and play". Probably I can get used to this on longer term...

I would mention here also one interface that I miss, reporting played tracks to last.fm
For me would be very nice to have this in the future. I understand there is a plug in for MPD starting version 0.15, it will be very nive to be able to set up this plug in on Bryston player (choose enable/disable, set-up username and password on settings interface)

ttsto

« Reply #336 on: 24 Nov 2012, 06:44 pm »
Oh, and one more thing will be very useful of mobile apps

When browsing folders to have the alphabet displayed; touching one letter to jump the list to folders starting that letter
For example, I have music organized by Artist\[Year] Album. If I want to listen some Pink Floyd music, just touch the P letter, list jumps to P and within one or two scrolls I find the desired artist.

Ritchief

« Reply #337 on: 25 Nov 2012, 10:15 am »
James,

I use MPad and MAX2.

I used to use Gnome & Mozilla / Minion but as MAX2 is so much better now I no longer use them.

ttsto

« Reply #338 on: 25 Nov 2012, 01:06 pm »
Update: I managed to add cover art to MPDroid, it looks quite nice. I will stick to this app.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #339 on: 25 Nov 2012, 01:34 pm »
Update: I managed to add cover art to MPDroid, it looks quite nice. I will stick to this app.

How's it done?

James