DeepHemp 8

jMelvin

DeepHemp 8
« on: 4 Sep 2018, 02:21 pm »
Just spoke with Louis a short while ago to finalize my order. I decided to match the veneer on my Super 3i's (EKO Ash Tweed), which I love. Needless to say I'm excited to hear what the sub brings to my system, which has changed over the past several months and currently looks like this:

Bluesound Node 2
MHDT Lab Pagoda
Decware SE84UFO
Super 3i

I'm hoping the DeepHemp 8 adds the bass foundation I'm looking for. The wait begins.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Re: DeepHemp 8
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2018, 03:08 pm »
The Super 3i and DeepHemp 8 are an incredible match.  You'll love the combo.  The DeepHemp 8 will not only fill in the bottom end but will improve the imaging of your system too.

peckjed

« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2018, 06:44 pm »
There is a surprising amount of thump in those little subs, you won't be disappointed! I loved mine and the dual 8" sub Louis recently built me takes it to the next level.

jMelvin

« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2018, 12:02 pm »
Thanks guys. Canada Rob .. improve imaging as well? Now I'm even more excited!

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #4 on: 5 Sep 2018, 03:28 pm »
Thanks guys. Canada Rob .. improve imaging as well? Now I'm even more excited!

I've been surprised at how imaging improves when good bass foundation is added.  So, not only bass frequencies, also enhancement of higher frequencies.  Possible due to harmonics?   :scratch:

.......Peter

jMelvin

« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2018, 07:38 pm »
Got a shipping notification today :D

jMelvin

« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2018, 08:12 pm »
The sub arrived and is all hooked up. Louis mentioned it will need some break-in time to loosen up. I must say it sounds pretty decent right out of the box.

jMelvin

« Reply #7 on: 3 Oct 2018, 01:16 pm »
Just a quick update .. I'm confident the sub is fully broken in. I've played around with placement and crossover settings and feel settled at this point. I'm happy to say this was a good purchase. The sub is everything I hoped for and is a perfect match for the Super 3i's. Imaging has also improved as you guy mentioned. Well worth the investment to say the least.

BTW, Louis is making some cables for me. During an email exchange I asked him a cable question and he mentioned his. I didn't know he made cables and I couldn't resist. The cables are an upgraded version of the wire in the Super 3i's. I imagine there will be great synergy. Can't wait.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2018, 03:34 pm »
Photos??? Photos!!!

BryanNguyen

« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2019, 09:57 pm »
Hi jMelvin,
As someone who also run a very similar setup to yours (omega Sams, deephemp, SE84UFO). The sub is a new addition. Can you share as detail as possible to how do you wire the sub to your decware amp? Greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2019, 07:27 pm »
Hi jMelvin,
As someone who also run a very similar setup to yours (omega Sams, deephemp, SE84UFO). The sub is a new addition. Can you share as detail as possible to how do you wire the sub to your decware amp? Greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

jMelvin

« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2019, 08:35 pm »
Hi Bryan. Canada Rob's photo illustrates the connection perfectly.

My speaker cables:

- OmegaConnect One - bananas (amp connection) / spades (speaker connection)

- DIY solid silver - bare wire (amp connection) / bananas (subwoofer connection)
« Last Edit: 25 May 2019, 12:55 pm by jMelvin »

jorgen

« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2019, 04:57 pm »
Im running speaker cables from amp to sub, and then from sub to mains.. no good?

jMelvin

« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2019, 06:23 pm »
Im running speaker cables from amp to sub, and then from sub to mains.. no good?

I think it's a matter of preference. I prefer to run unadulterated from amp to speaker, thus keeping the path as simple as possible and preserving that single-driver no-crossover sound. Whatever sounds best to you is best.

jorgen

« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2019, 07:23 pm »
I have only tried it like described, and by using the passthrough rca to the sub. That way i had to much gain in for the sub and couldnt adjust it to intergrate. Im using the decware Zen mono amps btw

i will try as described above if i can use the cables i have available.