FS: Ah! Tjoeb 4000 w/extras (non-functioning) - SOLD

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
I bought this newer version player September 2006 from the original owner with all the standard goodies: Phillips VAM-1201 transport, Burr-Brown dual mono 604 op-amps, toroidal power transformer, 2nd power transformer upgraded, switchable 110v-220v for use around the world, AC noise killer, supercrystal for low jitter, relay based muting circuit, coax digital out, the +digital transformer, Torx T-10 wrench, and remote control. 

Plus it has nearly all the options ever offered: Burr-Brown 627 op-amps (no longer available), AC Direkt power cord, Tjoeb shoes footers, TjoUpsampler, one pair each of JAN and Electro-Harmonix 6922 tubes.  Note that the upsampler board uses long slender leads and that they’re notorius of getting bent or broken, but this one is in perfect shape.  I’ll also include all the former bits and pieces if you like.

Current total retail price: $1300 (shipping included).

6DJ8, 7308, even 6ES8, 6KN8, and 7DJ8 tubes can also be used.  Tubes in this player can be expected to last 10,000 hours.  This is the definitive tweaker’s CD player. 

Several very positive reviews (including from “AC’s own” Scott Faller) and tons of information can be found at upscaleaudio.com. 

It has seen very little use here, but lately has developed combinations of distortion and signal loss.  Swapping out tubes or op-amps or upsampler doesn’t help.  Kevin Deal from Upscale Audio (the U.S. distributor) feels that the problem is probably with the $119 output board.  My old eyes aren’t up to the challenge of replacing the board, so I’m willing to let it go, as is, to a good home.  I’ll double box, remove the special CD clamp (to minimize transport damage), and pay for shipping (UPS, FedEx, or USPS) to the lower 48.  The upsampler alone can be seen listed on Agon for $275, but a $400 USPS money order will take the whole package.

Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: 9 Jun 2007, 01:24 pm by JLM »

2wo

Re: FS: Ah! Tjoeb 4000 w/extras (non-functioning)
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2007, 04:18 am »
PM sent...John

TONEPUB

« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2007, 04:27 am »
Don't mean to sound stupid, but why not use it as a transport and get a CI Dac.
They are great and only about 5-600 bucks!

Just a thought!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2007, 09:17 am »
Sale pending...

2wo

Re: FS: Ah! Tjoeb 4000 w/extras (non-functioning) - SOLD
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2007, 11:07 pm »
I received the CD player and all the bits and pieces in good condition.

I am very satisfied Thank you...John