Looking for the 302/502B or RAM501/701 demo in Chicago Area?

Tyrro

• 5th note design studio
Hi,

I really want to listen to these before purchasing them.  
Anyone have the 302/502B or RAM 501/701 in Chicago area that I can listen too?

Thanks,
Dmitriy
 :o

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2003, 08:06 pm »
Tyrro,
 I will have to see if there is someone in the area that has one of these amplifers available for you to audition. I am not sure about the RAM 701/501 but I am sure there is someone with a Special Edition in that area as we have so many of them out there in comparison to the RAM units.
  If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Happy Holidays.

Tyrro

• 5th note design studio
« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2003, 08:37 pm »
Thank you Bill.

I don't mind listening to the stock ones at all. After all, the modded units must sound better that the stock ones, right? Therefore, if I like the sound of the stock amp, I will most likely love the modded one.

A quick question, do you know if my RS750's Rockets by Onix would be an easy load for the Jolida amp? They are 6 Ohms nominal with 88 dB (@ 1 watt / 1 meter) efficiency. I guess, if I get Jolida, I would need to use 4 ohm binding post to connect my 6 ohm speaker, right?

Also, I was browsing thru your web site and found nothing regarding any trial period for home listening, is that so?

BTW, I'm a web designer, so if you need any help with your web site, I would be glad to help.

Thank you for great products.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Dmitriy

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2003, 12:53 am »
After all, the modded units must sound better that the stock ones, right? Therefore, if I like the sound of the stock amp, I will most likely love the modded one.

The modded units do sound quite a bit different from the stock pieces. Especiall the RAM amplifiers which are a completely different design. With the RAM amplifiers, their presentation is so much different than the stock Hybrids amps that it is very difficult to get an idea from a stock unit.

The Special Edition units are similar as to being quite a bit different but a bit easier to get a general idea of how these tube amps sound. Basically you would take the stock presentation and imagine all the aspects enhanced extremely.

A quick question, do you know if my RS750's Rockets by Onix would be an easy load for the Jolida amp? They are 6 Ohms nominal with 88 dB (@ 1 watt / 1 meter) efficiency. I guess, if I get Jolida, I would need to use 4 ohm binding post to connect my 6 ohm speaker, right?

On the Hybrid design, it would not be applicable as there is only one set of outputs from the solid statet section. On a tube amp, such as the Special Edition or stock Jolida amp (which ever model you may be interested in) you would have an 8 ohm and 4 ohm tap. For your speakers I would start with the 8 ohm tap as I have found most 6 ohm speakers sound best at this location.
 Your speakers can easily be driven by most any Jolida amplifier from the 301 to 1501 Hybrid or the little JD102B tube amp or larger.

Tyrro

• 5th note design studio
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2003, 03:00 am »
Thanks a lot.

D.