Help with this room - VERY BIG "L"

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 13 Mar 2006, 12:14 am »
Hello everyone. I think everybody that has visited Response Audio knows we have room acoustic problems. We will be starting a renovation this spring but wanted some opinions:

This first picture below is taken from the front enterance: It shows the "L" shape of this floor. At the white door, first door on the left, is where a new wall will be built to extend out about 10 additional feet. This will give me a room (shown in second picture) of about 17'W x 25'D.

On the back wall, behind the speakers, I will be constructing a 1 foot thick "fake wall" which will be filled with blue board for obsorbtion. I am still up in the air about what to do with the side walls and wall behind listening position. Keep in mind, I have 10 foot drop ceilings

That leave the other half of the floor as shown below. A system is located on the wall at left in the picture. There is about 12 feet from front to back with a peg-board wall behind the listener. While no fake walls will be built here, I am trying to figure out what to do in regard to treatment. Keep in mind, I have 10 foot drop ceilings

Okay, let the opinions fly.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2006, 12:32 am »
Here is what will be the BIG room (first pictures above) looks like with system in place.

Second "room" system shown here.