Special Auction for Custom Bella SP-2

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Special Auction for Custom Bella SP-2
« on: 16 Dec 2005, 09:52 pm »
I am currently working on a custom pair of Bella SP/AV-2 speakers that will be auctioned over at AudioGon when complete.

The details are as follows:

This system will use an external crossover with built in Zero-Autoformers for a user selectable 4 ohm, 8 ohm or 16 ohm load. The crossover itself will be house in custom aluminum amplifier chassis (16.5" W x 4.25" H x 14.25" D) in Silver finish. Shown below. Located on the front panel of the crossover chassis will be a 3 position selectable attenuation switch.

For input binding post, Eichmann units will be used, 8 pieces total. The connecting umbilical cords will utilize Speak-On connectors at both the speaker and crossover inclosures. The length of this cord will be custom built at time of ordering depending on the users needs within 4ft - 8 ft.

The speaker itself will be finished in a real wood veneer yet to be determined. I may wait and let the winning bidder choose.

The retail value of this speaker system will be above $4800.

This system was actually thought up based on a consumer's inquiry. I decided to build another pair to make available for auction.