Finishing process of Bella SP speakers - pictures

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 10 Dec 2005, 02:25 am »
Greetings,
 I am tracking and posting pictures of the assembly process of the Bella loudspeakers.

First picture shows these speakers as they are recieved with the raw MDF baffle and texture front finish applied.

Here we show them with the real wood Cherry veneer applied

Finally, we show these speakers with one of the five coats of Antique Oil Finish applied.

I will be posting further pictures thrughout the complete process of getting these speakers ready for their new homes. For those interested, you can follow this process through this link;
http://www.responseaudio.com/bellaspeakergallery.htm

NealH

« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2005, 02:32 am »
It looks like very nice workmanship, especially the baffles.  Very smooth and refined looking.  It's appears bound to sound good.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2005, 02:55 am »
Thanks for the comments. The picture quality will get much better towards the end. These pictures are being taken quickly in my downstairs smaller shop with not much time being spent on just the right lighting, etc.

The Cherry veneer looks much better than the pictures indicate. I also have a pair of speakers I designed and built almost 15 years years ago that were finished in Cherry veneer and Antique Oil Finish.
 The way Cherry ages is like a fine wine. People that remember these speakers from day one are truly amazed of how the Cherry has aged over the years as they stop in. They will never be sold ratherhanded down to one of my children when they are ready. (the children, not the speaker).

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2005, 01:06 am »
Heres a picture of the original pair of speakers that retained the "lip". A customer came in to audtion these speakers and they now belong to him. They are not finished yet as they only have a single coat of oil finish on them.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2005, 09:46 pm »
Here is a finished pair of SP/AV-1s in Chery veneer along with the external crossovers that go with this pair. The picture quality does not show the true potential of the Cherry. My camera is a bit out dated.