introduction

michael heit

introduction
« on: 18 Apr 2018, 08:02 pm »
Hi
I am Michael and I have several pieces of Dynaco gear that I have collected over the years. By being gifted and from audiomart in the 1980's
I have 2 Stereo 70, a pas pre amp. Formally I also had a FM3 (I sold and wish I did not. It had the tuning eye) and FM5, meh and I even had a Dyna equalizer.
As my amp and pre are my prime users they see every day use. I am slowly refurbishing them.
I just finished stuffing the board for one of my St-70 and will install is shortly. I also replaced the can in that amp.
But here is my current concern.  a friend from school just gave me his entire vinyl collection of several hundred albums. I have not used a turntable in years.
Sooo, when I plugged in a beater tt in the sound was bad. After several tests and buying new 4 JJ 12AX7's I reached the conclusion that my phono board must be bad. Now i may first recapp the board or just by a new populated board. Still not sure.
My first question is directed at Bill Thomas, if he is still (hopefully) an active member. I saw your post about the dinosaur rebuild and I want to pick your brain.
I also want to refurbish the 6 phono board but I also want to rewire the selector switch to add two high level inputs from tape head and special. But i also want to keep the existing selector switch and also I have no desire to make any changes for the RIAA equalization.
Stock is fine for me at this point.
So Bill how do i do this referb. please any help will be appreciated.
I have  your old dino post, curcio and van alstine etc the old PAS instructions and looked over Dynakit parts and also know the folks at Stereo Costs Cutters a long time ago. (that is where i got my replacement choke for the PAS).
SO bill if you are still out there can you lend a hand.
Thanks in advance
michael 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: introduction
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2018, 09:07 pm »
Welcome Michael :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2018, 09:37 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Michael   :thumb:  Sadly Bill passed a couple of years back. His knowledge and sharing is missed. Many of his threads can be found by searching the Vintage Circle.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2018, 11:11 pm »
Welcome!

JakeJ

« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2018, 02:08 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, Michael.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #5 on: 21 Apr 2018, 05:26 pm »
Welcome.

michael heit

« Reply #6 on: 2 May 2018, 04:15 pm »
To all posters and members.
I am so sorry about posting a question to Bill
I feel like a total idiot
I should have posted a less direct question
Please accept my apology to all who knew him I did not mean any disrespect.

sincerely
michael heit

ps thanks for providing the links
I am sure I will post more as I dig deeper into my amps. :duh:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 2 May 2018, 08:48 pm »
It was most kind on your part Michael  :thumb:
Most members did not know it, unfortunately life is short to all.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: 2 May 2018, 11:43 pm »
No problem Michael. As FRM notes, many who didn't/don't visit the Vintage or followed Bill's build threads wouldn't have known, nor could you be expected to. If you do a search either on Dynaco or Bill in the Vintage Circle here you may find some of the desired information.  8)