Where is Wayne?

fredgarvin

Re: Where is Wayne?
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jan 2013, 05:12 pm »
Very sad news. Just an FYI....I was given the exact same explanation for the reason for Wayne's actions (or lack there of) over one year ago. I would still be VERY careful. I don't wish life changing events or bad news on anyone but since this is old news to me (and a few others), I don't think he had any any reason to continue fishing for more orders knowing his service was unacceptable to 3-4 people over the last 18 months. In my case it was several thousand dollars and 14 months of hell.

I'm so glad you made a third post about this. I didn't get it the first two times.

audiogoober

« Reply #21 on: 27 Jan 2013, 05:21 pm »
I'm so glad you made a third post about this. I didn't get it the first two times.

Did I offend anyone....not my intention?

mick wolfe

« Reply #22 on: 27 Jan 2013, 08:53 pm »
I wish he would at least answer a call or return my email and let me know what is going on. That to me would be better than ignoring me. The last I heard from him was on 12/7, I had asked him if he could please give me a ship date on the DAC and his reply back to me was "I don't know!"

Yes, that's the real rub. It takes just a tiny bit longer to respond to an e-mail as it does to ignore it.

mclsound

« Reply #23 on: 28 Jan 2013, 03:48 pm »
I had Kidney cancer and it even got infected and I still stayed in touch with people.
Look,this is someones gear/money here and if someone agree's to take on a project,he has a responsibility.There are no excuses for ignoring someone who is worried....BAD BUSINESS.

pismo mac

« Reply #24 on: 29 Jan 2013, 01:57 am »
I've got a Squeezebox Touch with him and funds transferred to mod the SBT and to do up a new power supply for the SBT.  And I am not in the US.

The last time I heard from him was 10 November 2012 where he said that he would be able to mod the SBT the following week as the parts had arrived and the power supply would follow.

2 emails to him this month has gotten no response from him.

mca

« Reply #25 on: 29 Jan 2013, 07:34 pm »
Well, it looks like things might be getting resolved. A big think you to Wayne and the others that are helping out with this. After six months, I just want to start listening to some music again!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #26 on: 29 Jan 2013, 08:35 pm »
Wayne is very VERY high up on my list of men with integrity, I have nothing but good things to say about him. I hate to see his name dragged through the mud like this. Not sure what the back story is, but I'm glad it appears there's resolution.

Folsom

« Reply #27 on: 1 Feb 2013, 01:51 am »
I don't know what has happened in his life but... I do know that he is a serious, generous man. He may not even like me (I made a silly mistake), but he has been a very respectable person that helped me out. It does seem like he could just tell people he hasn't forgot, but I don't know what is going on either; I just know it is serious or he wouldn't be a ghost.

mick wolfe

« Reply #28 on: 2 Feb 2013, 12:00 am »
I had a very nice conversation ( via e-mail) with Wayne yesterday about the status of my TubeDac11. He told me he had completed the mod and was shipping it Friday. Sure enough, the Fedex tracking # showed up today in my e-mail. Although it's been a somewhat frustrating period for me, I'm sure it pales compared to what Wayne has dealt with ( or still dealing with?). There have been many positive comments posted here about Wayne. That led me to believe Wayne would eventually come through. More importantly and certainly more critical than any DAC modification , I hope Wayne finds resolution with the issues he's currently dealing with. .......Mick