Changes

Wayne1

Changes
« on: 26 Jul 2012, 09:19 pm »
When I started The BOLDER Cable Company, roughly 12 years ago, It was a part time gig to build the Jon Risch design cables for people that did not have the time or skills to DIY.

Over time the job changed to full time and mostly became a mod service.

The past few years has seen a drop in the amount of mods done and services offered.

It is time to again change back to part time.

I am doing my best to get back into full time craft brewing. I have been retained to consult on a start-up brewery in South Dakota. The owners have a successful winery operation going and wish to expand to beer.

I will still have time to mod the Logitech Touch and build the occasional power supply for at least the next six months.

I will be working on some projects for Lou at Daedalus. The BOLDER/Daedalus speaker cables will still be made, although the lead time may increase.

If there is a particular project you may wish to have done, please contact me by e-mail. I do intend to shut down most of the current BOLDER Cable website.

On a more personal note, my wife and I are empty nesters again. My son moved to Seattle some time ago. He is living the hipster life, drinking Oly, PBR and expresso. Getting tats and reading Kerouac.

My daughter moved out today. She had moved back with us after graduating from Mizzou last spring. She had a job in her field for a bit, but then was laid off as part of a massive "restructuring". She looked for work here in Denver but couldn't find anything. She had been carrying on a long distance relationship with her boyfriend who she met at Mizzou. She decided she could look for work just as well closer to him. So she is moving to St. Louis to be with him.

jackman

Re: Changes
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2012, 09:46 pm »
Wayne,

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with this new chapter in your life.  I've followed Bolder Cable Co. since the inception and have always been impressed with your professionalism and workmanship.  You have always treated your customers very well and I've never seen a Bolder product I didn't like.  Your departure is a major loss to the people of this site.  I hope you stick around in a friendly capacity and continue to share your experiences with people who have come to know and like you through the years. 

Audio's loss is the Craft Brewing industry's gain.  Best of luck and thanks for all of the contributions you have made to the people who frequent this site. 

Cheers,

Jack

Gopher

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2012, 10:01 pm »
Good luck with the brewing, Wayne.  There's only so.many hours in the day and life is too shortnot to focus on what you love.

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2012, 10:03 pm »
Well said, Jack and I can't add much  :thumb:

Wayne,

Dealing with you has always been a pleasure and I wish you the best in the next phase of your life. And always have some fun while you're at it!

Tom

vinyl_lady

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2012, 10:34 pm »
Wayne,

thank you for all you've brought to audio and for making me some great cables. :thumb: One of the great pleasures of hanging out on AC has been getting to meet and know you. I know we will definitely stay in touch. Good luck with the brewing. If you decide to part with any more of your vinyl collection, let me know. :green:

MIZ-SEC

Laura

Scott F.

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jul 2012, 10:47 pm »
Wayne,

Sorry to see that business has tapered off that much. On the other hand, i know how much you enjoy brewing, it looks like you had a really soft landing and in today's day and age, this is a really good thing. :thumb:

If ever you daughter needs a hand, just give her my phone number. We'll be there to help, day or night.

Once you get up and brewing, we [quality] hop beleaguered soles in St Louis may need care packages via UPS :green:

MaxCast

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jul 2012, 11:09 pm »
Hi Wayne,
Was sorry to hear much the same in a PM.  I didn't know what to say but I felt sad and happy.  Sad for a company that I knew from the start shrinking, but happy that you have opportunity in another passion you have that is brewing.  Bonus to know you will still do some modding work when needed.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Mike B.

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2012, 12:29 am »
Hello Wayne, I want to wish you success in your new endeavor. I have enjoyed our business relationship and hope that will continue.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2012, 02:16 am »
Wayne,

First off, best of luck with the new endeavor!  I am extremely confident that I will see high ratings for your beer(s) over at Beer Advocate in the near future.   :beer:

Secondly, the audio community is losing a great vendor.  I currently own or have owned many of your modified products and cables.  In each instance I have been incredibly satisfied with your product AND your service!!  You have been a pleasure to deal, a man of honor and principle, and you also know a thing or two about what sounds good!!   :wink:

Lastly, I hope you and your wife enjoy this next phase of your lives.  Sounds like you have raised two great kids and you certainly have earned some "us" time.

Don't be a total stranger.

George

LadyDog

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jul 2012, 03:13 am »
Ditto everything Jack, George, and the others have already said. 

Best wishes in the new capture of yours and your wife's life.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul 2012, 03:29 am »
I have been retained to consult on a start-up brewery in South Dakota.

OK Wayne...wait a minute...

now....

how'd you get this job...

I mean...I know a bit about beer... :jester: :rotflmao:

Kidding aside....best of luck Wayne...and to you family. :thumb:

Always great products...and excellent advice...and a good man...
..........thank you!  :beer:

Chris

Scottdazzle

« Reply #11 on: 27 Jul 2012, 03:35 am »
Wayne,

Good luck to you and your family. If you are as good at brewing as you are at audio, you will have great success.

Cheers!
Scott

Berto

« Reply #12 on: 27 Jul 2012, 03:37 am »
Good to hear your still making the bolder/Daedalus SCs. I'm loving mine :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #13 on: 27 Jul 2012, 04:05 am »
Oh man, its the end of an era.  I still remember doing smArt DIO shootouts!  I wish you the best of luck on the new beer endeavor, I know that is another true love of yours and I'm sure it will turn out great.  We should get together sometime and catch up.

mgalusha

« Reply #14 on: 27 Jul 2012, 04:11 am »
Best of luck with the new phase Wayne,  I've seen the brewing awards on your wall, so I'm certain this will be a success. Don't be a stranger, you're always welcome ..

Mike

fredgarvin

« Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2012, 04:22 am »
What a shock. One of the AC originals, and great products to boot.

fado

« Reply #16 on: 27 Jul 2012, 10:41 am »
Will your specialty beers be conditioned in Daedalus cabinets instead of oak barrels?
All the Best.  Thank you for my EE DAC and for your sound guidance.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #17 on: 27 Jul 2012, 12:40 pm »
So, will anyone carry on your style of SB mods after you?

jriggy

« Reply #18 on: 27 Jul 2012, 12:53 pm »
Sounds like I got in just in time for my Touch and PSU! It is breaking in nicely Wayne.

Hoppy dreams and good luck!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #19 on: 27 Jul 2012, 01:28 pm »
Hail to a new bier meister.  :beer:

Best wishes! 

Will you be coming to RMAF this year?  If so, I would like to put in an order for a case of thick and creamy barley wine.  I enjoy Anchor's Old Foghorn now and then.