Headphone Market News

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Headphone Market News
« Reply #40 on: 25 Apr 2016, 04:57 pm »
One should also order the $10 ear pad rings which are a newer and thinner version for the new 560, 400s, 400i, etc. series.  These rings prevent the ear pads from spinning, which is a hassle if it's the Focus pads.
Thanks for inform, Hifiman is really a friendly company,
These ear pads rings are round?
They will fit the round old model velour pads and the HE400 can?

wje

« Reply #41 on: 25 Apr 2016, 08:22 pm »
Thanks for inform, Hifiman is really a friendly company,
These ear pads rings are round?
They will fit the round old model velour pads and the HE400 can?

Yes, the ear pad rings are round.  They are listed on their retail site for $10.00.  They will accept the older pad mounts since they also have 4 tabs.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #42 on: 25 Apr 2016, 08:24 pm »
Yes, the ear pad rings are round.  They are listed on their retail site for $10.00.  They will accept the older pad mounts since they also have 4 tabs.
Nice thanks :D

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #43 on: 11 Aug 2016, 10:37 pm »
Just receive a newsletter on a new HE1000V2,
price is the same, seems no drive changes:
1) New polyester pads
2) 420g, 60g lighter
3) headband w/more holes to bigger heads
4) pads are bigger and more angled
5) slim ears cups
6) cable w/3 wires, 2+ & 1- wire
7) avaliable in September.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WilM6ljUg
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2016, 12:41 am by FullRangeMan »

dB Cooper

« Reply #44 on: 12 Aug 2016, 12:33 am »
Aside from being way too expensive for me, the HE-1000 looks like a Battlestar Galactica prop. But to each his own.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #45 on: 17 Sep 2016, 01:15 pm »
Always interesting have a broad panorama from top HP avaliable on the market, these are top 10 for 2015:
https://www.cnet.com/news/the-audiophiliacs-top-10-full-size-headphones-for-2015/
1) Abyss AS-1266  $5,495
2) AKG K812  $1,500 (I surprised)
3) Audeze LCD4  $3,995
4) AudioQuest Night Hawk  $599
5) Beyerdynamic T1 2ºgen  $1,099
6) Enigm Acouctics Dharma D1000  $1,195
7) HifiMan HE1000  $2,999 (I surprised, I was expecting more from this hp)
8 ) King Sound KS-H3  $1,250
9) Mr.Speakers Ether  $1,500
10) Sony MDR-Z7  $700

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #46 on: 17 Sep 2016, 03:33 pm »
1) I'd give a grudging nod to the Abyss, but that sucker clamps like a medieval torture device and (lack of) comfort trumps the sound quality.
2) K812?? seriously??? The K612pro is secretly the best headphone in their entire lineup.
3) I'm gonna pay 4 times the price of the LCD2 for higher failure rates and marginal increase in sound quality? no thanks
4) It's... it's ok actually, though I'd argue it's not much better than the Sennheiser HD600/650
5) If the 2nd gen is anything like the 1st, wow no.
6) haven't heard it, no comment
7) I reviewed the HE-X which is the baby brother. It's nice, but more of a sidestep from the 560 which is a fraction of the price.
8 ) haven't heard it, no comment
9) It's ok, but I'd personally prefer an Oppo PM-2 at half the price
10) haven't heard it, though I've generally liked previous closed cans from Sony

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #47 on: 17 Sep 2016, 04:03 pm »
Thanks Armaegis for your comments, much appreciated.
I noted there is none Sennheiser model in this short list.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #48 on: 25 Sep 2016, 02:17 pm »
HifiMan HE560 is out of the line.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #49 on: 25 Sep 2016, 03:55 pm »
And I don't see the 400i either.  Weird, if you go in through their home page they don't appear, but if you go in from a Google search there are pages for both products.  Is there an official pronouncement from Hifiman that the two are discontinued?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #50 on: 25 Sep 2016, 04:06 pm »
I think there is no official announcements for discontinued models, only to new models arrived, but i can be wrong.

brooklyn

« Reply #51 on: 25 Sep 2016, 04:17 pm »
If you go to the HiFiMan web site and hit products, there’s a button that say’s more reference to
the right of the reference products. The box will open and you will see the rest of the product line..

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #52 on: 25 Sep 2016, 05:02 pm »
If you go to the HiFiMan web site and hit products, there’s a button that say’s more reference to
the right of the reference products. The box will open and you will see the rest of the product line..
Seems they are there:
http://www.hifiman.com/products/class/1
Inclusive an new model Edition X-V2 at astonishing expensive $1299 but even so much cheaper than the regular EdtionX $1799.

Armaegis

« Reply #53 on: 25 Sep 2016, 09:51 pm »
The NightHawk is nothing like the HD650.  Check out the many first impressions of the NightHawk - not "soft" or "warm" as much as "dull".

I never said that it was. Not sure what you're picking at.

Armaegis

« Reply #54 on: 26 Sep 2016, 05:42 am »
Ah, I can see where the confusion arises. I was writing in a not-quite-double-negative tone, which should have been interpreted as "it's ok... but not better than the HD600 which are cheaper"

smk

• Life's a bummer, then you pay taxes.
« Reply #55 on: 26 Sep 2016, 01:45 pm »
That's the problem many reviews have. The authors have a tendency to write in their own language which us mere mortals have to interpret without a guide. What dries me nuts are all the descriptive terms available.

Armaegis

« Reply #56 on: 26 Sep 2016, 06:10 pm »
That's the problem many reviews have. The authors have a tendency to write in their own language which us mere mortals have to interpret without a guide. What dries me nuts are all the descriptive terms available.

The very nature of reviews is one person describing their experiences within the framework of their subjective sensory inputs, transforming that into flimsy words that only mimic the surface of their experience, and leaving that up to the interpretation of someone else who has entirely different senses and reference points and possibly even language.

Frankly, it's a miracle that we can understand each other at all   8)

Armaegis

« Reply #57 on: 28 Sep 2016, 08:13 pm »
Fair enough Dale, though my entire paragraph was written fairly tongue-in-cheek (clearly my usage of the single emoji was not sufficient in this case).

I'm fairly active in the headphone world on other sites and have done my fair share of reviews and comparisons (perhaps second only to you for prolificness here at AC), so I understand where you're coming from regarding reference points etc.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #58 on: 6 Oct 2016, 10:59 pm »
Audeze is providing bank finance and ''free'' shipping to its HPs:
LCD-4
We offer a 30 day trial on all direct headphone sale (dealer sales not applicable). Free US shipping includes Hawaii and Alaska.

Buy now with monthly payments starting from $352/month. Select Affirm at checkout.
$3,995.00

dB Cooper

« Reply #59 on: 7 Oct 2016, 03:09 pm »
I'll get right on that...

Headphones are a want, not a need. If you have to take out a loan to buy them, maybe they're too expensive for you? $350+ a month for headphones... wow. Hey, free shipping, though...