Super V bridge to LS6's?

SoCalWJS

Re: Super V bridge to LS6's?
« Reply #40 on: 24 Aug 2012, 01:29 pm »
There's a little event the weekend of October 12-15 that a few people might already be commited to (I know I am).  :green:

Cheeseboy

« Reply #41 on: 24 Aug 2012, 03:42 pm »
Pray tell!  What could it be?  Halloween perhaps?

Cheeseboy

« Reply #42 on: 24 Aug 2012, 03:45 pm »
Is this gtg going to be NoCal or SoCal?

If you came up Hugh and brought a pair of those sweet Melody tube monoes I'm sure Helen and I could let you use one of the bedrooms at the house. 

SoCalWJS

« Reply #43 on: 24 Aug 2012, 04:35 pm »
Pray tell!  What could it be?  Halloween perhaps?
Nope, Hallowen still falls on the 31st this year, but it can take me several weeks to prepare if I do the setup at the in-laws again.
(drat, can't find any old photos....used to take one day to load all the stuff into a truck pulling a trailer, two days to set up, and the the better part of a day to break it all down, not to mention another day to load it up into rafters afterwards. Stopped several years ago, but did it last year on a smaller scale- full size Dodge p/u with 8 foot bed and a Toyota Sequoia both loaded to overflowing. Even made the San Diego local TV news one year  :green:)

Did finally book a room and car for the show though, airplane tickets last week.  :bounce:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #44 on: 24 Aug 2012, 04:42 pm »
It depends on the date. :)

Too close to Oct 8 then I won't be able to do it since we'll be on our way to RMAF.

I'd love to attend if it's at all possible.

Thanks,
If you came up Hugh and brought a pair of those sweet Melody tube monoes I'm sure Helen and I could let you use one of the bedrooms at the house.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #45 on: 24 Aug 2012, 04:43 pm »
Be sure to stop by our room for a beer or 2. :)
Nope, Hallowen still falls on the 31st this year, but it can take me several weeks to prepare if I do the setup at the in-laws again.
(drat, can't find any old photos....used to take one day to load all the stuff into a truck pulling a trailer, two days to set up, and the the better part of a day to break it all down, not to mention another day to load it up into rafters afterwards. Stopped several years ago, but did it last year on a smaller scale- full size Dodge p/u with 8 foot bed and a Toyota Sequoia both loaded to overflowing. Even made the San Diego local TV news one year  :green:)

Did finally book a room and car for the show though, airplane tickets last week.  :bounce:

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #46 on: 24 Aug 2012, 04:59 pm »
Whoa  :cyclops:

OK, I see speakers traveling with gear. Talk of tall bohemoths, squatty V's, exotics and tube amps. And a major equipment swap with some SATA systems.   

I see visions - northern Cal, SoCal and boats on the bay. Cheese and wine, and throw in a preamp. But what does all this mean?  :scratch:

Our home in open to those in this thread. We can put some wayward folks up as well if they promise to accept our entertaining young man.

My wife and I would totally be in to hearing the 9's. I'm into bringing equipment to where ever, just need to know when ever?

Cheeseboy

« Reply #47 on: 24 Aug 2012, 05:14 pm »
Line Source are the key to enlightenment.  Finally you will be able to hear!  Allow the inner listener/observer to get some bass on his face. 

Looks like Holloween and RMAF weekends are out.  The week of 9/17 we are on vacation. 

Pick some dates Sunil and let's see what happens.

morganc

« Reply #48 on: 24 Aug 2012, 08:34 pm »
And while we are making requests, Sundays are always better for me than Saturdays in the fall, I can TiVo NFl, but college football I have to watch live! :D

soundofrockets

« Reply #49 on: 24 Aug 2012, 10:17 pm »
i will have to finalize the dates with the home ministry.  how does september 29 or october 6th sound.  i know they are both saturdays but sundays are more challenging for me. 

Cheeseboy

« Reply #50 on: 24 Aug 2012, 10:56 pm »
I want a date with Christy Brinkley! 

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #51 on: 25 Aug 2012, 12:38 am »
i will have to finalize the dates with the home ministry.  how does september 29 or october 6th sound.  i know they are both saturdays but sundays are more challenging for me.

I'm better with the 29th of September. Where are you located?

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #52 on: 25 Aug 2012, 12:43 am »
I want a date with Christy Brinkley!

umm, your wife is arranging the date now.

Well, after she gets of of the phone with her lawyer.  :nono:

Stereo gear is cheaper... :thumb:

edoggrc51

« Reply #53 on: 25 Aug 2012, 01:55 am »
Is this gtg going to be NoCal or SoCal?

Pick ya up??  :thumb:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #54 on: 25 Aug 2012, 04:45 am »
If you're serious then...absolutely.

Thanks,
Pick ya up??  :thumb:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #55 on: 25 Aug 2012, 04:46 am »
September 29 is perfect.

edoggrc51

« Reply #56 on: 25 Aug 2012, 05:34 am »
If you're serious then...absolutely.

Thanks,

Semi-serious at the moment. I'll wait and see on what day is chosen and go from there. All this pending on the fact that I get an invite on going of course. lol

Can a fellow LS6 owner possibly tag along? :)

SoCalWJS

« Reply #57 on: 25 Aug 2012, 02:07 pm »
Definitely need a better grasp on the scale of this thing - would love to be invited (but on the other hand, I will be going to RMAF and get a fix there  :icon_twisted:)

No plans for either weekend mentioned at this point. I would probably try to fly from Ontario to SJ (or whichever airport is closer), grab a car and fly back late all in the same day. WIll be fun to see Steve, Michael, and any of the rest of the AC gang, and listen to good music on good systems, making some comparisons.

Not sure about the logistics and how close people live to one another, but...

Anybody ever tried splitting one of these up? Two setups in one day? Maybe a few hours at one house, drive to a restaurant (in between) and eat. Then go to the second house for a different setup? Would make the hosting a bit easier (IMO - less concern over food and losing house for the whole day)

:duel:

soundofrockets

« Reply #58 on: 25 Aug 2012, 08:36 pm »
ok guys.  the ministry of home, defence and finance has approved sept 29th as the day. 

lets work on the list of guests.
time schedule.
i will list my gear soon.

if others are interested in bringing their gear for comparision it will good to have list.

edoggrc51

« Reply #59 on: 25 Aug 2012, 08:47 pm »
ok guys.  the ministry of home, defence and finance has approved sept 29th as the day. 

lets work on the list of guests.
time schedule.
i will list my gear soon.

if others are interested in bringing their gear for comparision it will good to have list.

What part of NorCal??