NFL 21/22 Season

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: NFL 21/22 Season
« Reply #20 on: 17 Sep 2021, 03:53 pm »
That Washington/Giants game was the most ridiculous/incredulous football game I have ever seen! If I were a Giants fan, I'd be so pissed. They really shouldn't have lost that game. Wow

We were returning from vacation so only listened on the radio.  I was technically correct on my pool picking the Giants over the quarterbackless WFT as they did hand the game to NY.  But then, not so much.  I did find an old Keystone Kops video to use as a replay.

mcmusicman

« Reply #21 on: 17 Sep 2021, 05:26 pm »
That Washington/Giants game was the most ridiculous/incredulous football game I have ever seen! If I were a Giants fan, I'd be so pissed. They really shouldn't have lost that game. Wow

It sure wasn't because Daniel Jones played poorly, he did well.  Jumping on a last minute field goal is the worst offense a defensive lineman can ever make. That and jumping on 4th and One.

twitch54

« Reply #22 on: 17 Sep 2021, 06:01 pm »
a fair number of these early games are truly pathetic, I feel somewhat sorry for the fans that actually paid good $$ to sit and watch some of this garbage.

charmerci

« Reply #23 on: 18 Sep 2021, 01:42 am »
It sure wasn't because Daniel Jones played poorly, he did well.  Jumping on a last minute field goal is the worst offense a defensive lineman can ever make. That and jumping on 4th and One.

Mistakes were made on both sides including Jones missing a wide open receiver in the end zone. The closest single defender was 15 yards away!

mcmusicman

« Reply #24 on: 18 Sep 2021, 01:11 pm »

Mistakes were made on both sides including Jones missing a wide open receiver in the end zone. The closest single defender was 15 yards away!

I get it but try standing behind a bunch of 6-4 linemen with full pads on for an entire game and NOT miss an open receiver. Happens every game. He still played well.

Wayner

« Reply #25 on: 18 Sep 2021, 08:38 pm »
I'm surprised how a Billionaire can acquire such wealth and not realize how bad his management is......Viking sucks.

charmerci

« Reply #26 on: 18 Sep 2021, 08:57 pm »
I'm surprised how a Billionaire can acquire such wealth and not realize how bad his management is......Viking sucks.

Making a billion takes drive, ruthlessness and a lack of ethics, exceptions aside. Most billionaires don't create and run well managed companies. I give you Donald Sterling and Daniel Snyder as examples. Now back to regular programming...

jjss49

« Reply #27 on: 21 Sep 2021, 10:37 pm »
it was a lot of fun watching the peyton and eli manning 'talk along' last night during the pack/lions game

peyton is very very smart, observant, and hilarious

interesting and very enjoyable hearing their discussion and banter in addition to watching the game in action

rockadanny

« Reply #28 on: 22 Sep 2021, 03:18 am »
I'm going to name my first born Lamar. Lamar Jackson Rockadanny the I  :thumb:

mcmusicman

« Reply #29 on: 22 Sep 2021, 03:54 am »
After years of watching my team get off to a poor start it was a pleasure watching the Panthers give the Saints the business. TBF the Saints were down a few coaches from Covid but the Defense was on fire. I'm old school and always like  to see defense lead the team.  Winston had a long day at the office.

twitch54

« Reply #30 on: 22 Sep 2021, 02:34 pm »

Most billionaires don't create and run well managed companies. I give you Donald Sterling and Daniel Snyder as examples.

and you're privy to their balance sheets ?

mcmusicman

« Reply #31 on: 24 Sep 2021, 11:47 pm »
Panthers now 3-0 but losing Horn to a broken foot will hurt. Cmac out for several weeks with hammy strain.
UGH. Thurs night football 4 days after a game is hard on the bodies. Both Teams had lots of people go down.
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2021, 01:25 am by mcmusicman »

rodge827

« Reply #32 on: 25 Sep 2021, 12:48 am »
I’m surprised the players union didn't negotiate Thursday night out of the schedule with the added game. Prob too valuable to the NFL like they need more $$$  :duh:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #33 on: 25 Sep 2021, 10:36 am »
I’m surprised the players union didn't negotiate Thursday night out of the schedule with the added game. Prob too valuable to the NFL like they need more $$$  :duh:

Couldn't agree more.  And that the game is limited distribution for streamers like me make it less valuable.  The players hate it, totally messes up the schedule.

jjss49

« Reply #34 on: 25 Sep 2021, 02:31 pm »
it is our world, greed rules - the bigger the platform, the greater the greed

charmerci

« Reply #35 on: 25 Sep 2021, 08:43 pm »
Couldn't agree more.  And that the game is limited distribution for streamers like me make it less valuable.

If you download the NFL app, you can watch the Thursday games.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #36 on: 26 Sep 2021, 12:26 pm »

If you download the NFL app, you can watch the Thursday games.

Only if you use data, it won't stream on wifi.  For those of us not spending for unlimited data plans one game uses more than the five gigs on my plan.  Normally I use less than a gig so only buy the cheapest plan.  Plus watching on a phone is less than optimal.  However they do stream the Monday night game on NFL network over wifi.

charmerci

« Reply #37 on: 26 Sep 2021, 03:09 pm »
I don't use data, simply wifi though I have to admit that I haven't seen the Thurs night games this year, only some select Sunday games.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #38 on: 27 Sep 2021, 02:15 pm »
I don't use data, simply wifi though I have to admit that I haven't seen the Thurs night games this year, only some select Sunday games.
I should clarify that, if you don't have a cable subscription you have to use data.  I cut the cord long ago when it was cool to do it and never looked back.  I believe it you have a cable subscription and want to use your phone you can log in on wifi.

jjss49

« Reply #39 on: 27 Sep 2021, 04:30 pm »
rams sure looked good yesterday - very impressive both sides of the ball