NuForce made in ... ???

USAudio

NuForce made in ... ???
« on: 26 Jan 2010, 06:24 pm »
Where does NuForce manufacture their high-end products?
http://www.nuforce.com/hi/
Thanks!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: NuForce made in ... ???
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2010, 12:23 pm »
Parts are acquired from various places. All the electronics are assembled in Taiwan.

gerald porzio

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2010, 12:28 pm »
Taiwan is part of China @ least to the Gov't on the mainland. Oui et non?

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2010, 01:39 pm »
Manufactured in Asia?  Yes - and hence exceptional products that the "average" man or woman can afford.  But... there would be nothing to manufacture were it not for engineering and design from right here in the good ol' USA!  :thumb:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2010, 12:27 am »
If you have problem, then you should not buy ANY computer (Dell, HP, Apple), any cell phones, any AC charges, ..
No iPod, no iphone, nothing.
Oh, cloths, toys, ... 
If you want to stick to some principle, then don't pick the easy target :) such as Nuforce. 

OzarkTom

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2010, 04:50 am »
The slinky is the only toy still made in the US.

Bemopti123

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2010, 06:52 pm »
The question is valid and it should not elicit comments that have an effect of deviating from the original question.  The tendency of ranting about what this country produces in terms of ethnocentric people etc...is not constructive.

After all, anyone who is out there to purchase a product does have the right to ask this sort of question.

Made in Taiwan is much better than made in some other places, and this is not to be ethnocentric in any sense. 

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 2 Feb 2010, 05:19 pm »
There are all sorts of bs that is going on in the industry.
Item A (from country A)  ->  Country B and with minor change (sometimes just the face plate) but some country's law allow it to be claimed as made in Country B due to the higher labor and material cost of the face plate. 
Completed parts were shipped from Country A to Country B to be assembled.

It is not where it is made but how it is made that count. Sometimes it is how it is fixed that count :). At the end of the day, it is the brand that you have to trust.

As a small firm, the reason we chose Taiwan is because everyone else is here. Ref 8 was made in California, USA back in 2005 and we went through hell.  We can source anything we want in Taiwan.
Example: A Swedish firm has the best virtual surround technology (no wall is required for bouncing sound wave) I have ever heard. We are interested in making a sound bar using our own drivers.  The algorithm and DSP software were developed in Sweden.  The hardware implementation and application support is provided by a Taiwanese firm. You license the technology from Sweden, send the speaker driver there for DSP customization, and then the implementation partner in Taiwan takes care of everything else.
A phone call from our partner is all it takes to get two guys to show up at our factory (one of them is the chief engineer) in Taiwan, after several hours of demo and discussion, we are off to developing the prototype. Many things that we need is just a few phone calls away. Someone know somebody who know someone who can get you the stuff you need.

The entire supply chains, ODM and OEM partners are all here. 

Technology has become quite complex and the entire ecosystem is there to support each other. If the leaders move, then everyone else go along.  I am talking about building consumer electronics hardware.

If you want to develop the "next big thing" in software, USA (or shall we say silicon valley) is the best place. I won't go anywhere else.  I ought to know, I used to be a software developer for Oracle and Netscape.  And if you want to develop the next silicon chip (CPU, communication, graphics), silicone valley is the place to be.  I ought to know because I used to design CPU for Sun Microsystems and Motorola :)

USA still leads and will continue to lead in many technologies and industries for years to come. Just that now everyone else is becoming very competitive.

Jason

Daedalus Audio

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 2 Feb 2010, 06:01 pm »
Jason is right in that it can be very difficult to find suppliers in the US. in the last eighteen years I've gone through five US manufacturers for building my pro midrange driver, three of them went out of business because they couldn't compete on price and quantity with Asian suppliers. Very frustrating!

I don't know that USA made is 'better' than Asian, I have a couple of parts that come from overseas, my home audio midrange (China) and tweeter (Germany) and I'm very pleased with the quality of these parts. I think Jason is right,  it is about 'how' not 'where' it's made as far as quality.

it is a small world in a sense, but for me building with USA components is like the food movement to "Buy Local".  these are my neighbors,  they pay taxes to the same government I do for the services we all use, my job depends on their job....
lou

WG

« Reply #9 on: 3 Feb 2010, 12:09 am »
Lou,

I find your input on this very balanced and classy. I really appreciate the tone and the content.

Thanks,
Will

Welborne

• I love open baffle with 100db sensitivity!
« Reply #10 on: 3 Feb 2010, 04:11 am »
I would like to add just that the latest Integrated amp from krell which also receives lots of rave reviews is made in China. Krell honestly tells you on the back of the machine.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Nuforce is amazing. I come from a tubge history and now Nuforce replaces all my tube amp, and if one day I really quite Nuforce, it would be for another tube amp and definitely not another SS amp.

timothyharnett

« Reply #11 on: 7 Feb 2010, 07:58 pm »

Non, actually.  It's an autonomous democratic state with a better human rights record than many (democracy doesn't always lead to a perfect human rights record - my own country has committed the odd slip from time to time!).

I think it's actually a reasonable question. It's good to take responsibility for the conditions in which the things you buy are made but Taiwan is one of the better places and would make me no less comfortable than if I were buying from the USA.

sylinnian

« Reply #12 on: 9 Feb 2010, 05:41 am »

Taiwan is an independent country , not part of China. USA broke off diplomatic relations with Taiwan in 1979.

Your laptop , desktop , ipod , iphone , cellphone , PS3  ,Xbox and Wii are made by Taiwan based companies.

Singapore

« Reply #13 on: 12 Feb 2010, 06:25 pm »
Wow... nuforce-jason is an ex-moto from S'pore? Don't we have something in common..

Now I'm working in one of your biggest competitors...  :wink:

And Yes... Happy Chinese New Year.... I don't suppose they have Bak Kua in CA?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #14 on: 13 Feb 2010, 06:38 am »
And Yes... Happy Chinese New Year.... I don't suppose they have Bak Kua in CA?

Sure. There are all kinds of food in the bay area. I left Moto since 1992 (I am not young anymore).
Please keep politics out of this forum or else I have to close this topic.

It is fun to discuss about the industry we are in. Like I said, no matter the size of your business, if you want to remain competitive and grow beyond a small boutique shop, you really don't have choice where you make the products. It all depends on the location of the entire eco system for the particular industry.
There are very few contract manufacturers in the world who can offer wide range of engineering and production for companies like Apple, HP and Dell. 

neutralos

« Reply #15 on: 13 Feb 2010, 06:59 am »
Where does NuForce manufacture their high-end products?
http://www.nuforce.com/hi/
Thanks!

not sure what you intend with this question ... Taiwan is also known as the "swiss" of asia.
Regarding the built quality we can call the Nuforce products rather cheap than expensive.

If you have the needed money left over to support these one-man-show high end manufacturers so do that

neutralos

« Reply #16 on: 13 Feb 2010, 07:07 am »
Manufactured in Asia?  Yes - and hence exceptional products that the "average" man or woman can afford.  But... there would be nothing to manufacture were it not for engineering and design from right here in the good ol' USA!  :thumb:

Right said Sir, and we will give every people of any ethnic the chance to develope himself and to give his benefits to the society: not matter if white christian or black muslim. That´s U.S.A., or not ?? :eyebrows:
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2010, 07:49 pm by neutralos »