V3 review and info

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
V3 review and info
« on: 30 Sep 2009, 04:53 pm »
Here's a FR plot of V3

We think this is getting pretty close to perfection.

The new high-end website should go live tomorrow and upgrade pricing will be posted.
A few audiophiles/customers borrowed a pair of V3 over the weekend to listen and compare with Ref 9V2SE. The feedback is what we expected.

V3, released in October, 2009, stands for Version 3, the third generation of NuForce?s amplifier technology. The new circuit board, which now serves as our amplifier line?s core component, replaces the previous generations (V1 & V2), thus benefiting our customers with our ongoing research and development.
NuForce's Version 3 board differs from its V2 predecessor in several audibly significant ways. Improvements in the feedback path and overall control produce a more linear signal across a wider bandwidth (an astonishing 130KHz). Harmonic distortion and the noise floor have been significantly reduced.

So, how does the V3 sound?

The music lover will experience these developments in terms of a clearer midrange, smoother highs, greater low-end weight, and an overall sweeter presentation within a better-defined soundstage. In practical terms, these pleasures translate to extended listening without a hint of ear-fatigue. Given the V2's critically acclaimed excellence, V3's superiority stands as astonishing accomplishment. The Ref 9V3 SE, whichremains our flagship amp, offers features not found in our other models, such as a proprietary low ESR power capacitor bank, analogous to an automotive engine?s turbo charger

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: V3 review and info
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2009, 05:02 pm »
By the way, Nuforce amp is actually being used in commercial ultrasound application (acousticeye.com) to detect structural fault :thumb:
No kidding, they bought the Ref 9V2 as is (except that we replace the binding post and RCA to more durable type) and put it inside some portable machine.

Notice the practically perfect FR with only +/- 0.3db (!!!) variation from 20Hz to 20Khz and the extension to 150KHz.

sac8d4

« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2009, 01:02 am »
Be on the lookout for the First V3 review on 6moons.com    http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/audioreviews.html

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2009, 02:28 pm »
The new high-end website has gone live!
V3 info can be found here: http://www.nuforce.com/hi/faq/faq-V3.html

Welcome to the next generation Nuforce. 

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2009, 03:47 pm »
By the way, Nuforce amp is actually being used in commercial ultrasound application (acousticeye.com) to detect structural fault :thumb:
No kidding, they bought the Ref 9V2 as is (except that we replace the binding post and RCA to more durable type) and put it inside some portable machine.

Notice the practically perfect FR with only +/- 0.3db (!!!) variation from 20Hz to 20Khz and the extension to 150KHz.

Yes a strange story on that.

Late one night (9:30PM) I receive a phone call from a gentleman wanting to purchase an amplifier and he is from Israel.  He said it is an emergency that they need the amps for a "Industrial Presentation" the next morning.

He said he was from Israel and even mentioned they had developed a technolgy for the Israeli Military, blah blah.  (Israeli commandos? Military, my brain is processing :scratch:)

I told him all I had on hand were my rather new Ref 9v2 and told him the price.  He ask if I would take a check, and I had to decline as it was a check from an account in Israel, and told him all I could do is a "cash only" transaction.  The story itself was rather strange, and accepting an international check seemed way too risky. :nono:

To make a long story short, their Hotel would not cash their check  for that amount either but did advance them some of it.  They then visited several ATM's with their whole team's collection of CC's and raised the cash.

At 1:00AM (in the morning) they arrived and I met them in my underground parking garage (almost like a James Bond movie) and there I was counting out cash (mostly in $20 bills) on the back of their Mercedes as they opened and inspected the boxes with the Ref 9's.  It was me and four of them.

In all they were very nice fellows and very grateful that NuFORCE had saved the next day's presentation.   :green:

Their technology runs sound waves through closed hydraulic and fluid systems like on Jet planes, or other types of pipelines and detects leaks or weaknesses in the systems. (or at least that is how they explained it)

A couple of my neighbors arrived home and drove past us that night with me counting bills on the trunk of the car and they cutting open the boxes and looking at the merchandise.

One can only wonder what they thought was going on at 1:00am in an underground garage  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Such is life as a NuFORCE dealer in Southern CA :wink:

Now if Tom Cruise, Daniel Craig, or M call, I'll not bat an eye (but they will still pay cash)

Toka

« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2009, 05:47 pm »
Great story John! Hope you were wearing a trenchcoat and a fedora!  8)

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 2 Oct 2009, 12:10 pm »
This is a funny story!!!. We are probably the only class-D amp capable of such high bandwidth. Yes, there is a potential for a lot of military and industrial use.  Think about how many big and heavy Sonar amplifiers are out there in the world ready to be replaced!!! Really, several years ago we sent two boards to some military org for testing but at that time our technology is not ready for wide bandwidth use.

:lol: Those Nuforce equipped submarines could be playing high-end audio when not blasting the ocean floor with sonar. :roll:

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #7 on: 5 Oct 2009, 05:45 pm »
great story John. i like mine hooked to speakers and playing serious Classic Rock and Roll instead. Looking forward to what V 3 brings to the ears.
Mike

neutralos

« Reply #8 on: 5 Oct 2009, 07:50 pm »
The new high-end website has gone live!
V3 info can be found here: http://www.nuforce.com/hi/faq/faq-V3.html

Welcome to the next generation Nuforce.

My congrats ... very professional and much better appearing than the old page. Especially the quick loading times impressed me though there are some animations.