Win/Mac compatible?
Could you make a SSD HD option?
when it will be available?

Congratulation on what looks an excellent product... again

srb

Re: Music Server MSR-1 (Sonata Edition)
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2009, 07:02 am »
Jason,

FYI, The title of your Music Servers & CD Players page (Product-MSR-CDP.htm) is "Mono Amplifiers".

Steve

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 5 Aug 2009, 07:06 pm »
MSR-1 is shipping now.
We provide 3 free support incidents or 3 hours which ever reaches the limit. After that, the annual support is $100 for 5 hours or 5 incidents which ever reaches the limit.
We can remote login to any MSR-1 that is connected to the net (even behind firewall) and assist with setup or clean up of data.
Similar to other software, bug fixes are free, new features are not included with the support.

MSR-1 uses Windows XP Home as the underlying OS. I think we can custom install a server using SSD HD internally. Music files are stored optimally and buffered so the HD is very quiet, using SSD HD might be overkill.

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #3 on: 9 Nov 2009, 10:14 pm »
Is anyone using the Nuforce MSR-1?

Haven't heard any comments regarding it's performance.

Thanks
Mark

Pat

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2009, 02:20 pm »
Can analog sources such as vinyl records go on the server, would additional gear be needed? I ve been procrastinating for quiet some time on getting some of my collection downloaded to a computer. Any idea what differences in sound will be realized?
Mike

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2009, 04:09 pm »
Converting your analog source is a totally different issue. MSR-1 can point to your external digital location or you can copy them into MSR-1. The file format should be flac.  MSR-1 can be configured to read other format but we recommend flac.
MSR-1 is good for ripping CDs.

For a reasonable price, MSR-1 does this for you:
1. It integrates a good ripper with a customized player and a customized database (that can support classical music).
2. It is a compact and stylish machine with high quality connectors.

Unless you can do those kind of stuff yourself (put together all the correct software, find a PC motherboard with good analog and digital out, replace the cheap connectors, and put them all together in a nice chassis), spending $2250 for MSR-1 is a more cost effective approach :)

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 17 Nov 2009, 08:08 pm »
Can analog sources such as vinyl records go on the server, would additional gear be needed? I ve been procrastinating for quiet some time on getting some of my collection downloaded to a computer. Any idea what differences in sound will be realized?
Mike
Yes, one of our customer is doing this.  He told me about a digital recording product that can directly sample, using it's built-in mic preamp to digitize from a turntable, then run a digital RIAA to generate a master WAV file (you can play back WAV directly via MSR-1, but it takes space).  Once you have the WAV file, certainly they can be 'post-processed' into FLAC.

Sorry I can't recall the model#.  There are also USB phono amp that sells for $99 if you're not looking for a truly professional grade conversion.

worldcat

« Reply #8 on: 17 Nov 2009, 08:51 pm »
In the article they guy says the server is $3500.  I thought it was $2250.   

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 18 Nov 2009, 08:58 am »
It is $2250. The review has an error and I forgot to correct it.
Thanks
Jason

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #10 on: 18 Nov 2009, 03:11 pm »
Thanks Casey when it comes to the digital world i am on the outside looking in. I am starting to research whats necessary. I believe a separate hard drive for storage and a Analog to digital device. Then your product for playback. I will get there one day.
Mike

worldcat

« Reply #11 on: 23 Jan 2010, 03:44 pm »
Has anyone tried of has one of the MSR-1's?  If so i would like to know how it performs.

worldcat

« Reply #12 on: 9 Jul 2010, 07:06 pm »
Has anyone tried or used the MSR-1?