The Next Big Thing from Nuforce - S-9 speaker

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
The Next Big Thing from Nuforce - S-9 speaker
« on: 28 Jul 2006, 12:51 pm »
More information will be available next week.
This speaker has been in development for the last 6 months in collaboration with Bob Smith and SP Technology Loudspeakers Inc.
Nuforce and SP Tech. jointly owns the intellectual property (patent pending technology) and you will see a lot of interesting development in the coming years.
This speaker will be priced ranging from US$3995 to US$4995 (depending on custom front panel wood) with external crossover! International price will be higher. Match it with Ref 9 or Ref 9SE and you get performance that you never thought possible at any price (what do you expect coming from Nuforce :)). What's next? Upgrade to the active crossover (available in 2007), bi-amping with 2 Ref 9SE. Speakers with this kind of cabinet and performance typically cost $15K and above. The price might go up with this model later :). Initial supply will be extremely limited as we have distributors and dealers in 30 countries!

Be prepared to hear what you have been missing in your speaker. We don't call it our next big thing for nothing.  :oops:

Double Ugly

Re: The Next Big Thing from Nuforce - S-9 speaker
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2006, 01:54 pm »
Cool looking speaker.  If there was doubt about wanting a solid hardwood front panel for my Revelations, it's gone after seeing this. 

What is that...Bubinga?

FWIW, the S-9 came up in conversation w/ Bob last night.  He sounded a lot like a proud papa, and said it images better than any speaker he's ever heard...said it's almost scary.

PeteG

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2006, 02:50 pm »
WOW- :o

Having a solid wood wave guild baffle would be amazing, but I bet they won’t be cheap.

capfacsurf

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2006, 07:16 pm »
So, when will the speaker be available?

Midnite Mick

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2006, 07:50 pm »
How does this differ sonically from other SP Tech speakers.  I myself was considering a SP Tech speaker because of the praise that Bill from Response Audio gave in regards to the ref 9, Modwright, SP tech combo.  Unfortunately for me just a little out of my price range.

Mike

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2006, 08:22 pm »
 Bob and Jason.... VERY NICE JOB.
 IS the solid wood baffle going to be a standard feature or additional option. Can't wait to hear this one. Bob knows his stuff so I can only imagine this is another legend in the making.

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2006, 08:43 pm »
Bill,

Bob knows his stuff so I can only imagine this is another legend in the making.

C'mon...you're making me blush. :oops:

-Bob

Freejazz

Re: The Next Big Thing from Nuforce - S-9 speaker - beautiful!
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jul 2006, 08:54 pm »
The figuring of the wood, running from both above and below into the waveguide, is really cool and most beautiful!

It looks like a winner.  Wow, bi-amped and with an active crossover - the future looks bright for this collaboration.

Congratulations to both involved parties!

Bica

• http://www.bica.com.tw
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jul 2006, 09:47 pm »
A sexy pair of legs for the S-9, please.  :lol:
External crossover comes as standard? Ah, the tweakers and parts guys will love you, Jason.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jul 2006, 03:32 am »
Basically this speaker is the "essence" of everything that Bob knows, plus more.
We hit it off after 2006 CES and decided to brain storm some ideas. Nuforce has a few simple design and market objectives:
1) It has to be priced at a certain sweet spot
2) It has to out perform just about everything else regardless of price
3) It has to be scaleable (we came from the high tech world :)). ie the same design can be used as a technology platform and scaled from a few hundred $ to tens of thousands of $ retail product.
Obviously these objectives are easier said then done.

There were many hours of design discussions between Casey and Bob. We pushed SP Tech to the limit (and beyond) and also did the crossover design. Basically Bob throws everything he got (plus more) into this speaker and our Casey contributed some ideas, tweaks and requirement.
You will read about technical whitepaper and detail audiophile listening evaluation report next week.
For the first sample, Bob and his guys worked 100 hours with only 10 hours of sleep. And we're going to take care of mass production, marketing, distribution etc.

Bob   :whip:  Jason
Bob  :cuss:
Bob  :weights:  :hyper:
Bob  :dance: (some day when we're selling a ton of these speakers)

If you're buying the initial production, you are buying made in the USA speaker by a skill craftsman built with his blood and sweat . But we can't build a business like that. We'll either have to raise the price to ridiculous level or go broke trying. Therefore, the Nuforce guys are going to figure out a way to mass produce these and still keep the high-end design element (layers of wood, external crossover, world class sonic performance etc).

We will be taking orders starting from August but for most retail buyers, you probably have to wait until September or October.  We have to meet demand for distributors and dealers in more than 30 countries.  Initial order has to be prepaid 50% and we will only offer a few selection (expensive hardwood front panel is extra). 
We expect the price of this model to go up after we introduce the mass production models.

Yes, passive crossover is external as a standard feature. We'll publish the incredible technical spec next week.
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2006, 05:55 am by nuforce-jason »

JDUBS

« Reply #10 on: 29 Jul 2006, 04:10 am »
Jason

You're killing us!  Those speakers look incredible!  :D

Any more pics you can share??

-Jim

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jul 2006, 11:15 pm »

Captain Humble

« Reply #12 on: 30 Jul 2006, 02:16 am »
Great looking speakers gentlemen.
Will we be able to hear them at Rocky Mountian Audio Fest?
Thanks,
Jeff

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #13 on: 30 Jul 2006, 04:42 am »
Additional images: http://www.nuforce.com/gallery/S-9/index.htm
What....no pictures of the back of the speaker ??? :o
Looks very good....nice job !! :thumb:

Double Ugly

« Reply #14 on: 30 Jul 2006, 05:22 am »
What....no pictures of the back of the speaker ???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really have a thing for speaker butts, Chris.  I remember you hounding me till I anted-up with one of the 2.1s.

To tide you over, here's the same shot again...enjoy!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #15 on: 30 Jul 2006, 05:42 am »
Ha...ha....funny guy that DU !! :lol:
Reason I ask....location of binding posts....any ports...ect.
Hey....gotta check the booty.... :lol:....(even with your shot there are difference's between the two speakers...)

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #16 on: 30 Jul 2006, 06:04 am »
The binding post is Neutrik connection. We're still adjusting the look of the back plate.
The bass extension stand also needs work.

Double Ugly

« Reply #17 on: 30 Jul 2006, 06:10 am »
Hey....gotta check the booty.... :lol:....(even with your shot there are difference's between the two speakers...)

You'll get no argument from me.  I'm a booty man myself.  :wink:  :thumb:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #18 on: 1 Aug 2006, 01:12 pm »
White paper is out: http://www.nuforce.com/speaker-technology.htm

We'll have spec and review posted later this week.

cheetah

« Reply #19 on: 1 Aug 2006, 03:24 pm »
What do you think of how it compares with Linkwitz's excellent Orion speaker system?