Lone Star Audio Fest 2010----Dallas, TX

Blooze

Re: Lone Star Audio Fest 2010----Dallas, TX
« Reply #20 on: 18 Feb 2010, 02:00 am »
If anyone who is exhibiting has a logo they would like added to the LSAF website (linking to your site as well), please let me know and I can arrange to have it added.  Also, if you know what gear you might be bringing and have pics, or if you don't but have some cool pics of some of your other equipment, let me know and I'll have those added to the website as well.

Shane

Wayne Parham

• Pi Speakers
    • Pi Speakers
« Reply #21 on: 23 Feb 2010, 04:31 am »

I'll be there, of course.   8)

BTW, I'm uploading the four new logos from Danny and friends to the LSAF website right now...

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Blooze

« Reply #22 on: 27 Feb 2010, 09:55 pm »
Ok Folks, we've got lots of people saying they're coming, but as of today there are only 3 rooms booked for Friday and 3 for Saturday (Tom Richards, John Busch, and Kim Beumer--thanks for booking early!!!) .  Make sure you use the code for the LSAF when you book to get the discounted rate and put you in the block they've set aside for us.  It also lets me monitor how many rooms we have and who's booked a room.

...Shane

jimdgoulding

« Reply #23 on: 1 Mar 2010, 03:16 am »
If anyone who is exhibiting has a logo they would like added to the LSAF website (linking to your site as well), please let me know and I can arrange to have it added.  Also, if you know what gear you might be bringing and have pics, or if you don't but have some cool pics of some of your other equipment, let me know and I'll have those added to the website as well.

Shane
Shane-  Hi.  I don't have a logo (just a pair of shoes).  But, I have a name and a site and I'm bookin this week. 

www.diffractionbegone.com

I'll have some kits for guys who are interested with instuctions on to how to trim to size.  The pads in the kits will have pre-cut openings and a means of attaching.  And I'll have a festival price.
« Last Edit: 1 Mar 2010, 12:03 pm by jimdgoulding »

JohnR

« Reply #24 on: 6 Mar 2010, 12:26 pm »
When is this exactly? Sorry for being dense but nothing shows up in the Calendar.

FredT300B

« Reply #25 on: 6 Mar 2010, 02:07 pm »
When is this exactly? Sorry for being dense but nothing shows up in the Calendar.

Posted in the calendar.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #26 on: 19 Mar 2010, 03:12 am »
Question for my friends and neighbors.  I don't want to set up a table in my room.  Think I could get awfully lonely in there.  Like to set up a table where the action is.  Just me and some kits and maybe a poster board on an easel.  That's all the space I need.  Guys don't need to demo my thing till they get home cause I offer with a money back guarantee.  And that's the way I want it, too.  Can I be in one of you big boys room?  Promise not to knock anything over.  Maybe out in the hall where you fellas are is better, hotel permitting.  Please gimme your thoughts here or in a PM.  Thanks.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #27 on: 19 Mar 2010, 03:39 am »
Jim, if you are going to be there and rent a room to stay in then you might as well bring whatever you want so you can show off your product. The cost is negligible.

Just a modest system that will allow people to hear your speakers with and without your treatment might be pretty cool.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #28 on: 19 Mar 2010, 03:51 am »
Jim, if you are going to be there and rent a room to stay in then you might as well bring whatever you want so you can show off your product. The cost is negligible.

Just a modest system that will allow people to hear your speakers with and without your treatment might be pretty cool.
Thanks for the suggestion, Danny, but I just want to display kits and an easel, I'm thinkin, and talk to interested people and hope they will take a set home.  I'll make them attractively priced and they can trim to size as may be needed (they'll be 1/4" in thickness and top shelf wool) and listen more in depth at their leisure.  I will include instructions and my means of attaching.  So, I'm lookin to hang where the action is but will not be a distraction. 

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #29 on: 19 Mar 2010, 03:59 am »
Anybody showing any products that are using your product? If so, that would be a good room to hang in. That way people can see it in use too.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #30 on: 19 Mar 2010, 04:43 am »
The Jr. Audiophile Project has a pair that Jim donated last year.  I'll put them on the winning project this year and measure with and without.  We have a room and hope to have projects from the last three years set up. 

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #31 on: 19 Mar 2010, 04:46 am »
There you go Jim. And that would be a great room to be in.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #32 on: 19 Mar 2010, 05:42 am »
Thanks, fellas.  Clark, I'll send you a PM soon as I can to see if you need anything, bless your heart.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #33 on: 19 Mar 2010, 01:49 pm »
Clark- Good morning.  Permit me to send to you my latest version cut specifically as best I can to the speakers you have in mind to test and measure.  I will need to know the following . . what is the precise distance from the centerpoint of the tweeter to a)the sides of the cabinet, b)the top of the cabinet, c)the edge of the mounting basket of the driver below and/or above.  If the cabinet has canted or rounded away edges then just up to where that begins.

I thought better of sending you this request in a PM.  May as well let interested parties here see how this is done.  Questions?  Thanks.

S Clark

« Reply #34 on: 19 Mar 2010, 03:45 pm »
Clark- Good morning.  Permit me to send to you my latest version cut specifically as best I can to the speakers you have in mind to test and measure.  I will need to know the following . . what is the precise distance from the centerpoint of the tweeter to a)the sides of the cabinet, b)the top of the cabinet, c)the edge of the mounting basket of the driver below and/or above.  If the cabinet has canted or rounded away edges then just up to where that begins.

Jim,
     It will be another couple of weeks before I know what box dimensions that kids have come up with.  They got their woofer TS parameters about three weeks ago, and got the tweeters last week.  Boxes are due the first week of April.  But I have no idea which project will be chosen as this years winner until the first week of May.  Can we cut and apply the felt at the Lone Star Audio Fest?  I can bring my Clio unit and we can take the measurements there.
     However, we can use last year's winner.  I can get you the dimensions for it in a day or two. 

Scott

jimdgoulding

« Reply #35 on: 19 Mar 2010, 08:52 pm »
Thanks, Scott.  I'd love it if we could use this year's champ. I would prefer to cut them in advance in my usual manner.  I'd need one weekday's notice.  Think you can give me that?  How do you propose to measure them and how much time will you need?  If push comes to shove, I can make and ship for last year's model with the measurements.   

S Clark

« Reply #36 on: 19 Mar 2010, 10:14 pm »
I"ll have the winner's speaker dimensions by Monday, May 10th and will email them to you.  I'll bring the Clio and set it up in our room Saturday May 15th as soon as they will let me in.  We are only showing Sat. afternoon through Sun. morning. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #37 on: 19 Mar 2010, 10:47 pm »
I"ll have the winner's speaker dimensions by Monday, May 10th and will email them to you.  I'll bring the Clio and set it up in our room Saturday May 15th as soon as they will let me in.  We are only showing Sat. afternoon through Sun. morning.
I take it the Clio is a measuring instrument?  So you would measure onsite in real time?  I'm game if that is the plan and appreciate it.  In the frequency and time domains?  Thanks, Scott.

smbrown

« Reply #38 on: 6 Apr 2010, 08:20 am »
Wow, I thought I had booked a room, but had forgotten - but we're all set now. I'm going to bring some "garage sale" equipment and, if I can get myself in gear, some of my own stuff for sale/demo. But, I could really use a pair of speakers for the room. So, if anyone has a spare set, let me know. I don't want to rent a truck to make the trip, and that's what my speakers would take!
Of the used equip, some that come to mind is:
Harmond Kardon tube tuner
Scott 222 amp
AR XA turntable with original headshell that isn't broken!
Thorens TD 125 w/SME 3009 arm
Several 80's SS pieces

Of my own stuff I'm aiming to have a phono stage ready and possible a couple power amps, at least prototypes to demo.
Should be loads of fun!

S Clark

« Reply #39 on: 6 Apr 2010, 02:17 pm »
I take it the Clio is a measuring instrument?  So you would measure onsite in real time?  I'm game if that is the plan and appreciate it.  In the frequency and time domains?  Thanks, Scott.
Yes, the Clio is one of the better professional measuring systems.  Ours is an older version, but it still does the job.  It's a bit of a pain to set up, so I'll set up the room for listening first, and measuring second.  I should have it ready to go an hour or so after we can get into the room.  As far as frequency, we can measure down to 10 Hz but loose accuracy below 200.  We can adjust the time increment to whatever works, usually 3 to 4 ms. 
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2010, 05:44 pm by S Clark »