Advice on system with Aurum Cantus vs. PSB/Paradigm/Athena

DoodleBoy

Hi... wondering if you could help me with my dilemma.

I am shopping for speakers for my bedroom HT system which is about 21” x 21”. So far I have limited by budget to around $1,500 for 5.0 system and here were my choices: the Athena 5 point system, PSB image series (5’s as my mains) and Paradigm monitor series.

However I just found out that I can get the Aurum Cantus Leisure 2 from China fairly cheap since I reside in Asia – about $400/pr. So a 5.0 system will add up to around $1,100 with the cc speaker. I cannot audition them though so I have to trust you guys who have heard them. Will the Aurum beat the Athena/PSB/Paradigm option? From my research I read that the Aurum (OEM of Red Rose) isn’t as good compared to hi-end speakers (B&W Nautilus, etc etc)but for that price is it worth the gamble? I also heard that the Aurum Leisure 2 retails for more than $1,000 in the US. Might be freight and taxes.

Thanks

AC_fan

Advice on system with Aurum Cantus vs. PSB/Paradigm/Athena
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2004, 05:58 pm »
Have you got your AC Leisure 2 yet ? What amps did you finally go with ? It was mentioned somewhere before that the Leisure 2's sold in China at lower cost are different from those exported. Could you share some pictures of yours ?