• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
Re: AN UEBER-REFERENCE IS COMING !!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: 13 Aug 2008, 02:25 am »
How bout a new speaker???

golfugh

« Reply #41 on: 13 Aug 2008, 11:52 pm »
I'm still going with a new preamp.  Tube linestage with phono out and balanced. 

djbnh

« Reply #42 on: 14 Aug 2008, 01:07 am »
And add a quality headphone out section, both 1/4" and balanced. Nice thought / combo, golfugh.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #43 on: 14 Aug 2008, 02:23 am »

Why balanced?  :scratch:
or do you mean xlr.

Cacophonix

« Reply #44 on: 14 Aug 2008, 12:47 pm »
My take is that klaus is coming out with a new line of products all together.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #45 on: 19 Aug 2008, 08:45 pm »
Ok, I've figured it out - Klaus is talking about his web site!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, certainly I have some work to do... but Klaus didn't mean his website

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #46 on: 22 Aug 2008, 07:13 am »
Nothing will be obsolete whatsoever.  We're adding to the line, going completely upscale,  and all other products stay current.

As for Kismet,  there will be several units available,  and yes, some of you are on the right track.  We'll have an absolute reference quality phono stage coming.  2 chassis', full sized. Heavy and solid and a beautiful chassis.  Tubed.  External power supply.  Gain adjustment via volume poti. Incredibly quiet with enormeous gain, and suitable for MC cartridges down to 0.15 mV !!!!!

Doing final tweaking, and for what I have heard so far, it is probably one of the 2 or 3 best stages out there.

So, yes, it will still be a great bang for the buck with Kismet in order to stay with our philosophy,  but now it is a completely new ball game with Kismet as well in terms of performance and pricing.

What is the cost of reference ???  Guess in this crazy market you have to compare it to the very best, and then compare pricing.  That simple.

Late,

Klaus

BobC

« Reply #47 on: 22 Aug 2008, 12:16 pm »
I KNEW IT!  Klaus, do I win some sort of prize?   :icon_lol:

djbnh

« Reply #48 on: 22 Aug 2008, 03:37 pm »
suitable for MC cartridges down to 0.15 mV !!!!!
Klaus, thanks for the info and nice job.  :drool:  :tempted:

However, you suck: re: 1) my MC is low output, but you got that covered; 2) with a wedding in mid-October, funds will be scarce...  :beer: :duh:

Pretty tempting stuff; already looking forward to pics and user / professional reviews. Again, congrats and thanks for the info. Now to determine how to gently pose to the fiancee that the Tempest phono section is obsolete and post October we will have to find some way to finance new audio gear... :whip:

lazydays

« Reply #49 on: 22 Aug 2008, 03:59 pm »
I KNEW IT!  Klaus, do I win some sort of prize?   :icon_lol:

actually I knew it in the spring. Also had some hints during a home visit about the newer upper level line due in the future. I was kinda worried that it wouldn't have enough gain, but if Klaus' specs are good then I want one. How is the cartridge loading setup; I wonder?

gary

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #50 on: 22 Aug 2008, 09:57 pm »
Klaus, can you at least tell us what tubes you are using in the design? Is the power supply using tubes?

Thanks,

Gary

lazydays

« Reply #51 on: 23 Aug 2008, 04:25 pm »
as I told you: in the left hand rack right under something that goes round and round all the time. But more importantly there goes my check book again! What I wish he'd have done was to setup a second power supply for the phonostage that would run off batteries, and recharge when not in use. I certainly hope it has two volume adjustments for the output, and easy acess to the cartridge loading.
   All this comes when I'm just about ready to spring for that second tonearm & mono cartridge. Looks like I'll be eating cheap for the rest of the year!
gary

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #52 on: 23 Aug 2008, 05:12 pm »
Darn it.  I just spent my money on Aesthetix Io2.   :duh:  I would love to hear Kismet.  Can I volunteer to beta test Kismet? :drool: I can compare Kismet to SWLP, Io Mk2 and Art Audio Vinyl One using two different TTs -- Oracle and Teres.

golfugh

« Reply #53 on: 9 Sep 2008, 08:41 pm »
Klaus
It's getting close to October, how bout a picture or two to give us an idea. :wink:  Anyhow looking forward to the release.
Mark

golfugh

« Reply #54 on: 14 Sep 2008, 02:52 am »
I'm going to keep trying for a picture or two, or three.
Mark

golfugh

« Reply #55 on: 21 Sep 2008, 04:07 am »
Klaus
How's Kismet going?  Looking for a photo!
Mark

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #56 on: 22 Sep 2008, 08:53 am »
Not quite yet.  Actually,  we are scrambling like idiots here to get everything done for the show.  My original intend was to have a dye done for the side areas,  but that is not feasible.  So, back to square one,  and instead I am going completely bananas now.  Get this:

Every single piece of the case is CNC  billet machined 6063 aircraft aluminum !!!!
Will cost me a bit more, but boy oh boy,  these suckers will be absolutely solid !!!!!
Also a teaser here:  cases will have 2 " round corner pole structures with the actual units being "suspended "  in the middle.  Figure about a 1 " top and bottom overhang of the corners, available with cones and a dimple on the top of each round,  so that they are easy to stack.  Figure a Halcro amp,  even though their size and "suspension"  is extreme.  Then, of course blue logo lights and top holes with blue effects,  where when sitting in the dark,  the complete units will have a shimmer of blue over them.

AND !!!!  all units will have this solid, heavy and very beautiful casings,  not just the amp.  That also includes the phono stage (plus it's outboard power supply).  Ever heard of a 40 lbs +  tube phono preamp ????

Late.

golfugh

« Reply #57 on: 22 Sep 2008, 12:53 pm »
Klaus
Sounds awesome, looking forward to Kismet's arrival.
Mark

MaxCast

« Reply #58 on: 22 Sep 2008, 03:37 pm »
Cool, sounds like I won't need a rack.

rydenfan

« Reply #59 on: 22 Sep 2008, 05:06 pm »
Very interesting, Klaus. I look forward to seeing a finshed project. Is this the type of design you are talking about?  :thumb: