Bamboo SongTowers

bahorn1

Re: Bamboo SongTowers
« Reply #40 on: 11 Apr 2009, 03:50 am »
I am the lucky owner of the Bamboo and I can tell you that they are way better looking than the pics !!! What a good job , Jim !!!

Yes, please post pics!  I was hoping the owner of those bamboo ST's would show up and post pics.  I placed an order last week with a natural bamboo finish; no dye.  I've been debating whether to do any gloss finish.  I most likely will stick with a satin finish.  So I'm glad to hear that they look even better than the pics!

--Doug

Nuance

« Reply #41 on: 11 Apr 2009, 01:32 pm »
What is the thickness of the bamboo vs. MDF on the SongTower cabinets?  Is it a full inch instead of 3/4"?

jsalk

« Reply #42 on: 11 Apr 2009, 01:49 pm »
What is the thickness of the bamboo vs. MDF on the SongTower cabinets?  Is it a full inch instead of 3/4"?

It is 3/4" - the same.

As for 1", we could certainly do SongTowers in 1" MDF.  The cabinets would, however, be deeper to make up for the lost internal volume.  To do 1" bamboo, we would have to laminate two 1/2" pieces as it does not come in 1" thicknesses.

- Jim

cop1s

« Reply #43 on: 13 Apr 2009, 01:13 am »
Just a little problem , I don't know how to load pics in the message...

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #44 on: 13 Apr 2009, 02:45 am »
you can set up a personal gallery here on a/c; you can load your pics to the gallery, and then load them from there into your message...

doug s.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #45 on: 13 Apr 2009, 06:44 am »
you can set up a personal gallery here on a/c; you can load your pics to the gallery, and then load them from there into your message...

doug s.

Read this....... :thumb:

funkmonkey

« Reply #47 on: 13 Apr 2009, 04:50 pm »
 :thumb:  Nice.  those bamboo STs look great!  :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #48 on: 13 Apr 2009, 05:57 pm »
Those look amazing - congrats! 

So, how do they sound? 

cop1s

« Reply #49 on: 13 Apr 2009, 10:02 pm »
Just one word :   WOW

bahorn1

« Reply #50 on: 14 Apr 2009, 12:32 am »

Thanks for posting pics!  You have a nice setup.  And the bamboo ST's look great.

I recently ordered bamboo HT3's.  And as I mentioned earlier, I've been trying to decide whether to have them finished with any gloss.  My HT3's are going to replace my ST's in my dual use HT/2CH setup.  So while the hand rubbed gloss looks terrific (like Nuance's and Funkmonkey's), I'd prefer not to have a mirrored finish near my TV.  OTOH, I didn't want a completely matte finish that has no luster.  It was hard to tell from Jim's picture.  So I was considering having Jim spray on some clear lacquer.  But from your pictures, in particular the 3rd link, the standard satin finish looks terrific too as I do see some shine on each speaker from the flash.

Thanks again and enjoy the ST's,
Doug

funkmonkey

« Reply #51 on: 14 Apr 2009, 12:50 am »
Bamboo HT3s Huh?  :o  :thumb:  sounds pretty cool, can't wait to see how they turn out.  :green:

Nuance

« Reply #52 on: 14 Apr 2009, 02:03 am »
That honestly sums it up well.  Enjoy brother, and welcome to the family. 

Bamboo HT3s Huh?  :o  :thumb:  sounds pretty cool, can't wait to see how they turn out.  :green:
+1  Sweet!

bahorn1

« Reply #53 on: 14 Apr 2009, 02:46 am »

I can't wait either! :D

cop1s

« Reply #54 on: 18 Apr 2009, 03:41 am »
After one week , I must add Wow , Wow and Wow... :thumb:

fsimms

« Reply #55 on: 18 Apr 2009, 11:48 pm »
Damn, those songtowers look fine in your system.

Bob

mchuckp

« Reply #56 on: 4 May 2009, 07:07 pm »
Hey Jim,

When you get a chance, it would be great to see a picture of the bamboo board you've been painting with different stains.  :drool:

Thanks again for your time this past weekend at AK Fest.  It was a real joy talking with you and checking out your gear.  If you recall, I was eyeing the HT2-TLs vs the STs.  I love them both but definitely liked the HT2-TLs more and could see getting them if I get the right space in my house.  I mentioned I was moving in the fall (to OR) and I'm going to ATTEMPT to hold off my purchase until we buy a house this summer or early fall so I know exactly what I'm dealing with.  Until then, I'm going to keep reading, thinking, and checking out finishes and I'm leaning heavily towards bamboo and would LOVE to see ye ol' stick!

Earthbound, it was great to meet you.  Enjoy your new babes when they show up.  I'm jealous!

Mike

earthbound

« Reply #57 on: 4 May 2009, 07:41 pm »
Earthbound, it was great to meet you.  Enjoy your new babes when they show up.  I'm jealous!

I enjoyed your company too. And I'm jealous of those who already have their 2TLs!

Ace Deprave

« Reply #58 on: 22 Oct 2009, 04:37 pm »
I have a couple of questions about the bamboo SongTowers. Do these have the same magnetic grills as the standard SongTowers? Also, what is the price of the bamboo SongCenter?

I got my first and second auditions of Salk speakers last weekend. The HT1 and SongTower (standard tweeter), and I'm very impressed. Much thanks to fsimms and his friend Raj for allowing me into their homes!

jsalk

« Reply #59 on: 22 Oct 2009, 06:07 pm »
I have a couple of questions about the bamboo SongTowers. Do these have the same magnetic grills as the standard SongTowers? Also, what is the price of the bamboo SongCenter?

I got my first and second auditions of Salk speakers last weekend. The HT1 and SongTower (standard tweeter), and I'm very impressed. Much thanks to fsimms and his friend Raj for allowing me into their homes!

ACE -

Yes, same grills as standard SongTowers.  A bamboo SongTower would use about $100 worth of bamboo.  So the price would be $895 (minus the $50 discount if purchased with SongTowers).

I hope this helps.

- Jim