Linked Events

• CES 2012: 10 Jan 2012 - 13 Jan 2012

LAST DAY FOR FREE REGISTRATION FOR 2012 CES!

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
LAST DAY FOR FREE REGISTRATION FOR 2012 CES!
« on: 31 Aug 2011, 06:37 pm »
Today- Wednesday, August 31st is the last day for the industry to register to attend for free.  After 11:59 EST tonight, it will cost $100! 
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2012, 05:01 am by ServerAdmin »

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: LAST DAY FOR FREE REGISTRATION FOR 2012 CES!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2011, 06:46 pm »
Hey Fritz, are you going to be showing at CES?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Manufactures showing at CES 2012 thread
« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2011, 07:15 pm »
I wanted to start a thread listing the manufacturers that have a circle or frequent here on Audio Circle that will be showing at CES.

Purity Audio Design has joined forces with Bob Carver and King Sound loudspeakers in Suite 30-129 in the Venetian

Main system will be the King Sound King II loudspeakers, Bob Carver Black Beauty 305 watt tube mono block amplifiers and the Purity Audio Design Silver Statement linestage.

A secondary system will debut the Purity One-i integrated hybrid amplifier with the King Sound Queen II loudspeakers.

wywires

CES and THE Show Las Vegas with WyWires
« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2011, 07:12 pm »
We are proud to announce our presence in the following locations in Las Vegas, January 10-13, 2012

At CES in the Venetian:

With Cary Audio Design in room 29-112 at the Venetian where we'll be providing all the USB cables for their simultaneous demos the the new Cary Xciter DAC and MS-1 music server. Visitors will be able to audition these products with three headphone stations and in their main system through speakers.

At THE Show in the The Flamingo:

With VMPS, Wyred4Sound and Ampzilla in the Lake Mead Ballroom. This where we will perform the "LIVE VS RECORDED" demo using the fabulous RM 50's

With Zesto Audio(phono stage), Lindemann Audiotechnik, and TAD Loudspeakers in Room 4024.

With Frtiz Speakers, Electra Fidelity, and Resolution Audio in room 4035

As has become a tradition for all the shows where we exhibit, we will be hosting a "wine and martini's" each evening starting at 5:00PM in room 4035 at the Flamingo. The Swedish fingerling potato vodka is not to be missed and we will be pouring some truly outstanding reds and whites from Spain and Italy. All are welcome!

If you are planning on being in Vegas, please stop by as I really would like to meet my fellow AC members!

Alex

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Manufactures showing at CES 2012 thread
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2011, 07:04 pm »
Bill, Look very much forward to coming by and hearing the system.  And look forward to the tube buffer demo, too.  :)

Other AC veterans:
* Modwright will be on the 30th floor of the Venetian too, at 30-222
* Bryston will once again be at the Venetian level 2 meetings rooms (Bassano)
* VMPS will be over at the T.H.E Show at the Flamingo (doing their live vs taped demonstrations, including Paul Stookey of Peter, Paul and Mary fame).  They'll partner with Wywyres, Ampzilla and Wyred For Sound.
* NuForce will be both in the Venetian ballroom level 2 area (same room as last year) as well as on the main CES floor.
* Magnepan will, as usual, have a large demo set up at the T.H.E Show at the Flamingo

I'm sure I missed a few AC veterans...sorry.

mjalazard

NFS Audio is at it again! 2012 THE Show
« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2011, 03:30 pm »
Greetings!
we are once again ready for THE Show Jan 10-13 at the Flamingo Hotel Rm 4001. We should be listening to a pair of new speakers from that "haus" from Brooklyn.  Also I'll be running a re-vamped pair of Citation I & II, thanks to Mr. Sam Kim Sam's Audio Labs - vintage amps transformed into audio masterpieces and Chris Ready. If you don't know us, here is some information:
AudiogoN @ CES: NFS Audio, audiophiles hang out - YouTube
NFS Audio's Magic Potion | Stereophile.com
NFS Audio | Stereophile.com
The limoncello will be nice and cold (and potent!)
Cheers!
Mike

Pez

Hate to ask, but is CES relevant anymore?
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2012, 06:04 pm »
I'm not seeing any posts here regarding CES. I'm not seeing much anywhere yet, but there is definitely a lack of interest on AC for sure. What do you guys think, is CES relevant to high end audio anymore? Just curious.

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Hate to ask, but is CES relevant anymore?
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2012, 06:18 pm »
Not for me - not for years now - but I imagine it holds interest to home theater fans, gizmo junkies, techies and, naturally the press.

For high-end audio freaks there are ample other venues that are less crowded, less expensive and more directly aimed at their interests. Plus, I heard on NPR that walking from one display to another, covering the whole show, would add 15 miles of wear to your shoes. I think they said the show covered 36 football fields.

I know people who are sure to be there but I'm seldom in touch with them anymore. Are you interested, Pez?

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jan 2012, 06:42 pm »
We exhibited last year with CES and it's like a zoo so we switched to THE show at the Flamingo this time around and we think it's a better venue for end users.

GregC

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jan 2012, 07:10 pm »
I would love to go to THE Show if I was not stuck at work.  I miss when I lived 15 minutes away from RMAF.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #10 on: 11 Jan 2012, 07:32 pm »
CES is a great venue for manufacturers. It allows manufacturers to connect with dealers and distributors from around the globe. It is not as much of a cunsumer show like RMAF, Newport Beach, etc.
 Most of the traffic we are getting through our room at CES right now is dealers, distributors and reviewers.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 11 Jan 2012, 07:39 pm »
I'm not seeing any posts here regarding CES. I'm not seeing much anywhere yet, but there is definitely a lack of interest on AC for sure. What do you guys think, is CES relevant to high end audio anymore? Just curious.
If you're not there doing your live updates, no it's not relevant.   :wink:

Pez

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jan 2012, 08:48 pm »
 :lol: I appreciate that, maybe some year!

I personally am a gadget freak, but very specific with what I like and dislike. Odds are 99.9% of what's at CES and THE show would fail to impress me. I just don't get excited about MacBook Air clones and keyboards with purple LEDs flashing everywhere. On the audio end of things I can't help but feel like the manufacturers really pull out the big dawgs for these events and not so much for RMAF. RMAF cost no object rooms generally suck sound qualitywise so maybe it is a good thing I don't go. ;)

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 11 Jan 2012, 08:55 pm »
CES is a trade show... it's *supposed* to be for dealers and distributors only to meet with manufacturers and establish new relationships or catch up on existing relationships and talk about what's coming...... the only reason consumers should be there is if they made up a company to get a pass or got a pass from an industry person to be a guest or attend on the sly.  They were supposedly clamping down on the non-industry attendees so it would be about potential dealers and distributors only... no idea if they did or not...

RMAF and the like were designed to be more consumer show... it still allows manufacturers to meet with potential dealers and distributors, but also to allow the average consumer to see some of the stuff as well and interface with these products and personalities...

Pez

« Reply #14 on: 12 Jan 2012, 12:29 am »
consumer electronics show... Title is misleading, but also I was always under the impression this was a show for the people.  :scratch:

Any way I suppose I was right, the show is irrelevant to consumers.

Carlman

« Reply #15 on: 12 Jan 2012, 02:25 am »
It's always been an industry trade show as far as I know.  BTW, consumer electronics is the industry name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_electronics

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jan 2012, 06:11 am »
Hugh and I are at T.H.E. Show with Melody amps and ACA speakers.  Also, our entry level Melody integrated, the MK88, has migrated about 30ft. down the hall to the Zu room, where it is (sometimes) driving the Omen Definition MK IV speakers.  Please do stop in and say hello. :)

mjosef

« Reply #17 on: 12 Jan 2012, 06:52 am »

Purity Audio Design has joined forces with Bob Carver and King Sound loudspeakers in Suite 30-129 in the Venetian

Main system will be the King Sound King II loudspeakers, Bob Carver Black Beauty 305 watt tube mono block amplifiers and the Purity Audio Design Silver Statement linestage.

I walked into this room early in the afternoon, there were a couple ongoing conversations as the music was playing...but did get up close to check out the gears...was impressed by the finish of the Purity pre, looked really ultra high end, very nice Bill.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #18 on: 12 Jan 2012, 06:55 am »
Don't forget those photo's.... :wink:  :thumb:

OzarkTom

« Reply #19 on: 12 Jan 2012, 01:33 pm »
:lol: I appreciate that, maybe some year!

I personally am a gadget freak, but very specific with what I like and dislike. Odds are 99.9% of what's at CES and THE show would fail to impress me. I just don't get excited about MacBook Air clones and keyboards with purple LEDs flashing everywhere. On the audio end of things I can't help but feel like the manufacturers really pull out the big dawgs for these events and not so much for RMAF. RMAF cost no object rooms generally suck sound qualitywise so maybe it is a good thing I don't go. ;)

Yes Pez, it is a very good thing. You would be very furious at the quality of sound. I always received a spitting headache at the CES Shows. I have already talked to one CES attendee this week, and he said the overall sound out there was horrible.