Krell HTS 7.1/Anthem D1/Arcam AV9

Kwebb

Re: Krell HTS 7.1/Anthem D1/Arcam AV9
« Reply #40 on: 20 Feb 2010, 08:31 pm »
I have the Anthem Statement D2 processor, the Anthem Statement P5 amp, and an Arcam FMJ DV139.  The Anthem processor and powerful P5 amp (325w/channel @ 8 ohms) are truely awesome.  I love these components for sure and never had any remorse about the money I payed for them.  The sound quality and digital features of the D2 exceeded my expectations (room set up and equaization, etc...).  My system's weakest link are my speakers (Onix Reference 3's (qty 4) and Reference 100 center channel).  I plan on upgrading to the HT2-TL's.  I hope I find that the HT2-TL's meet my high expectations.  I have a big room 22" wide by 28" long by 19" tall.  I sometimes drive my system very hard (loud).  I hope that the HT2-TL's can handle the hard driving that I have an affinity toward.  Any personal expirence regarding driving these HT2-TL's long and hard would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle Webb
San Diego, CA

ctouhey

« Reply #41 on: 20 Feb 2010, 09:18 pm »
Welcome to the forums, Kyle.  I'm surprised at the San Diego location; with room dimensions in inches I would have guessed Lilliput...  :eyebrows:

Kwebb

« Reply #42 on: 20 Feb 2010, 09:23 pm »
Thanks for the correction.  Room dimensions are feet (') not inches (").

Kyle

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #43 on: 20 Feb 2010, 09:48 pm »
The HT2-TL have 7" woofers.   :wink:

While they play deep and loud, the woofers can be driven to their excursion limits with music with extremely deep bass that is played extremely loud.  Perhaps the HT3 would be a better choice for you, particularly since you have a large room, if you play music with bass in the 20s.

divisionbell77

« Reply #44 on: 21 Feb 2010, 01:51 pm »
I have the Anthem Statement D2 processor, the Anthem Statement P5 amp, and an Arcam FMJ DV139.  The Anthem processor and powerful P5 amp (325w/channel @ 8 ohms) are truely awesome.  I love these components for sure and never had any remorse about the money I payed for them.  The sound quality and digital features of the D2 exceeded my expectations (room set up and equaization, etc...).  My system's weakest link are my speakers (Onix Reference 3's (qty 4) and Reference 100 center channel).  I plan on upgrading to the HT2-TL's.  I hope I find that the HT2-TL's meet my high expectations.  I have a big room 22" wide by 28" long by 19" tall.  I sometimes drive my system very hard (loud).  I hope that the HT2-TL's can handle the hard driving that I have an affinity toward.  Any personal expirence regarding driving these HT2-TL's long and hard would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle Webb
San Diego, CA

Thanks for the post!  I am currently replacing Onix Rockets myself.

As I am waiting for my Salks, I have been screw around with the Statement with ARC and the Arcam AVR600.  Since I got the AVR600 in I have been running with that, until yesterday.  yesterday I put the Statement back in and re-ran ARC after tweaking the placement on my front right speaker(the one that always measures bad as it is not in an ideal placement because of the room) and set the mic up according to someone at Anthem that gave me some tips. 

All I have to say is WOW.  I got these Rockets dialed in better than i ever have for 2 channel.  It is the only time i have ever owned equipment with a room correction and found it sounds not only better for 2 channel with it on, but VASTLY better.  i do still have a few dips on that right channel, so will continue to tweak the placement of that speaker and rerun ARC.

Kwebb

« Reply #45 on: 21 Feb 2010, 10:40 pm »
divisionbell77,

I am ording the ARC sytem upgrade for my D2 processor from Anthem, can't wait to get it.  Regarding driving the HT2-TL's hard.  I am not too worried about low frequency clipping because I will be using the HT2's with a subwoffer and crossover around 80hz.  Therefore, I can most probably assume that the 7" drivers and ribbon tweeter can handle all the good clean power that the Statement P5 can dish out.  I will use good judgement and moderation as i approach high SPL's.

Kyle