Selling my hi-fi system because my entire crypto portfolio was hacked!

Johnny_Fi

Long story, I was hacked and lost a ton of money.  :duh: Trying to get started fresh now and need to liquidate some gear to get moving again.

Naim Uniti Atom HDMI version - still has protective plastic covering, under 100 hours of use, like new condition.
$3,000/OBO with original box. Will be shipped double boxed or available for local pickup in Metro Detroit, MI.

Clearaudio Concept w/ Satisfy Black Tonearm - very gently used, in like new condition. Has Concept MM cartridge. Original box is intact. Will ship double boxed or available for local pickup in Metro Detroit, MI. $1,800 OBO

MOFI ELECTRONICS ULTRAPHONO MM / MC PHONO STAGE - gently used in great shape, still has plastic covering intact. $400 OBO

Thanks everyone! I'll send pictures if you want, just let me know.

toocool4

Sorry to hear about your miss fortune.
When you said you have been hacked, what do you mean? Very few people are hacked, it’s often they have been careless with their password or kept a default password or something as simple as using a very simple password that can be found on their social media posts etc. Hacking is not as easy as people think it is.

richidoo

Johnny_Fi

Hacking is quite common in crypto and you can easily google to see that two major hacks have occurred in the last few weeks. Please, with all due respect, just BUY MY STUFF! lol  :lol:

Yog Sothoth

For those who might be interested in such things, this site chronicles the recurring ills with crypto and web3 in general:

https://web3isgoinggreat.com/

It is quite rampant.

toocool4

Still would not call anything I have read so far a hack, more of an exploit.

Jack the cat

• At the gates of delirium
Sorry to hear of your plight, I have no interest in your offerings. I always viewed crypto as a Ponzi scheme and have no interest in that investment as well. Blessings and best wishes to you.

Jack the cat

Still would not call anything I have read so far a hack, more of an exploit.

Semantics. A loss is a loss in investing but to be robbed is unacceptable.

toocool4

Yes a loss is a loss. Not saying it's not.

If you left your house locked but you put your front door key under your front door matt of you left your ground floor window open and you got burgled, would you call that a break-in?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.

If you left your house locked but you put your front door key under your front door matt of you left your ground floor window open and you got burgled, would you call that a break-in?

Yes.

toocool4

Yes.

Try telling your insurance company that.

Jack the cat

Sorry to take this thread further off topic but.....
In my state the justification to confront and take that burglar out would be called the Castle Doctrine and one I would invoke.
« Last Edit: 3 Aug 2022, 11:07 pm by Jack the cat »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Try telling your insurance company that.

OK - https://www.trustedchoice.com/insurance-articles/home-family/burgled-while-unlocked-coverage/#:~:text=Fortunately%20your%20homeowners%20insurance%20policy,door%20was%20locked%20or%20not.

Which Insurance Would Protect Me in this Scenario?
Fortunately your homeowners insurance policy would protect you in the event of a burglary, regardless of whether your door was locked or not.

genjamon

Various insurance companies under various state laws may differ on civil penalties and insurance requirements, but here's a pretty good general rule of thumb for whether someone has committed the crime of B&E:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/breaking_and_entering#:~:text=Breaking%20and%20entering%20is%20defined,fraud%2C%20threats%2C%20or%20collusion.