Gliders

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
Gliders
« on: 5 Dec 2010, 06:43 pm »
Hello Steve,
Spiked Dynaudio 3.4's - 16"x16" stone tile - rubber back berber carpet glued over concrete foundation. 

This setup makes it easy for those minute needed adjustments.
I"m thinking of eliminating the tiles and going with either the cone/spike decoupling glider, or the threaded stud glider.  If I go with the threaded type, I will lose the easy adjustability from the top using an allen wrench.
What would you do?

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Gliders
« Reply #1 on: 5 Dec 2010, 07:42 pm »
Hi, Max190. I would give Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders a try.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

max190

« Reply #2 on: 5 Dec 2010, 08:25 pm »
Thanks Steve for the fast response.  I was leaning towards the cone/spike gliders.
In your professional opinion, do you think my bass/midbass will change for the better?

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #3 on: 5 Dec 2010, 08:38 pm »
High probability of improved bass/midbass; that's a usual result.

Steve

max190

« Reply #4 on: 5 Dec 2010, 08:52 pm »
 8)
Thanks man

jriggy

« Reply #5 on: 6 Dec 2010, 02:19 am »
I used to own Dyn 5.4's and when I put the decoupling gliders under the spikes, I was amazed at how much the midrange cleared up and the bass tightened.

max190

« Reply #6 on: 11 Dec 2010, 03:37 pm »
Thanks jriggy
I was going to ask Steve what the spike depth was on these since the description says "Extra-deep conical indentation prevents spike from slipping out when lateral pressure is applied".
Since they worked under your 5.4's, and provided sonic improvement, I am going to order.

max190

« Reply #7 on: 19 Dec 2010, 02:35 pm »
Before I removed the tiles from under each spkr I made note of the distance from the side wall accounting for toe and the distance measured from the front of the spkr to the front wall.
Placing the decoupling gliders under each spkr made for very easy adjustment back to the above measurements.

I immediately heard tighter, warmer and better articulated bass. Percussion is better defined. More overall detail. Another excellent product from Herbie's Audio Lab that does what he says it will do, and more.