Locations of NC Audiophiles

finsup

Re: Locations of NC Audiophiles
« Reply #20 on: 11 Aug 2010, 10:31 pm »
I'm in Fort Mill, SC just south of the state line and am looking forward to seeing some of you at the Charlotte meet on the 14th.

raindance

« Reply #21 on: 27 Aug 2010, 01:25 am »
I'm in Cary, NC. Currently diggin' some tubes and completing a Class D amp project.

panomaniac

« Reply #22 on: 30 Aug 2010, 02:56 pm »
I think we need to get a Carolina mailing list together.  There are so many Carolina audio guys scattered across the forums that it's hard to keep track.  A central newsletter/mailing list would be nice.  That way it would come to us, instead of us having to find it.

What do you think?

Starchild

• Free your mind and your behind will follow!
« Reply #23 on: 30 Aug 2010, 09:34 pm »
I'm in High Point.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: 30 Aug 2010, 10:12 pm »
I think we need to get a Carolina mailing list together.  There are so many Carolina audio guys scattered across the forums that it's hard to keep track.  A central newsletter/mailing list would be nice.  That way it would come to us, instead of us having to find it.

What do you think?

Great!  Make it happen!!! :thumb:

raindance

« Reply #25 on: 31 Aug 2010, 12:19 am »
I'm game. Good idea. I'd like to connect with some other audio nuts.  :icon_twisted:

panomaniac

« Reply #26 on: 1 Sep 2010, 03:22 am »
OK, I'll try to get a mailing list together.  I think I've found a good software.
Will let you guys know and then we can spread the word.

I'd love to have the Carolina audio stuff just land in my email box instead of having to hunt thru a lot of forums for it.

Zero

« Reply #27 on: 1 Sep 2010, 03:33 am »
In Southern*ish* VA, does that count?   :lol:

raindance

« Reply #28 on: 1 Sep 2010, 10:40 am »
Define Southern-ish... Danville area?

charles28722

« Reply #29 on: 1 Sep 2010, 12:31 pm »
I'm in Western, NC - Columbus, NC.  I'd love to get together with some of you guys and hear other systems.  Keep me in the loop.

Charles

weitrhino

« Reply #30 on: 22 Oct 2010, 04:47 pm »
I'm curious if the mod can add an interactive map of the carolinas so we can all pinpoint our locations.  Scanning through this 2 page thread is a bit cumbersome, especially for new Carolina residents like myself who don't have a strong fix on the various towns.

But I'm right in the middle in Laurinburg, NC, just over the SC state line.

Greetings!

weitrhino

panomaniac

« Reply #31 on: 29 Oct 2010, 04:13 am »
Agreed, an interactive map would be nice.

richidoo

« Reply #32 on: 2 Nov 2010, 04:26 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle, and to NC, Rodney!

Here's an interactive map that you can add your location to. I have added mine.   Just adjust the zoom and pan until your street is visible. Then press the Add Marker link at the top of the map. Then just click on the map to mark you location. For security reasons, I recommend that nobody use the address field or lat/long coordinates to specify their location, it is unnecessary since this is just for fun. Just click somewhere in the neighborhood, maybe at a nearby intersection or baseball field, etc. We don't want anybody coming uninvited to see what kind of stereo you have.

Those who mark the map will be listed on the left pane. Please use your AC username as the title of the location that you mark.

http://www.communitywalk.com/raleigh/nc/map/782652

richidoo

« Reply #33 on: 2 Nov 2010, 04:47 am »
The map is supposed to have a little pin graphic at each marked location, but it seems to be broken now. Is it working for you?

I have set the map to display the location name next to the mark.

Locations can be deleted by anyone, I think. I'm not interested in owning or maintaining the map, but if someone else is, go ahead and claim it and maintain it.
Thanks
Rich

weitrhino

« Reply #34 on: 2 Nov 2010, 05:05 am »
Is there a necessary login? I don't even see the "add marker" option said to be at the top of the map.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome. :)

weitrhino

« Reply #35 on: 2 Nov 2010, 03:57 pm »
http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/weitrhino#

The link above is a newly created Carolinas AudioCircle Members map.     The map linked above is centered on Charlotte as a relative geocentric location.  Carolinas AudioCircle members wishing to learn who is nearby may then simply consult the map and initiate communication with their audiophile neighbors.   

You may freely enter your own location, but please, be no more specific than your city/street location.

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/weitrhino#

This post has been edited to show the correct map link.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2011, 06:35 pm by weitrhino »

panomaniac

« Reply #36 on: 2 Nov 2010, 04:12 pm »
Cool map!  You can put me in Greensboro. (West side, if that's an option).  :thumb:

weitrhino

« Reply #37 on: 2 Nov 2010, 04:29 pm »
panomaniac,

Please email the map link through the email list you are administering.  Please also request people include a street name with their town otherwise it will be difficult with 27 names just listed as 'Charlotte.'

cheers,  weitrhino

koyaan

« Reply #38 on: 2 Nov 2010, 07:12 pm »
I'm south of Samford on Lake Trace
2049 Long Point Trail

richidoo

« Reply #39 on: 2 Nov 2010, 10:17 pm »
Thanks for taking the bull by the horns Rodney.   

Please don't post any home addresses in this circle. Follow Rodney's request by sending him a personal message. Thank you!
Rich