Folder Music of my BDA-3.14 not visible on network

WillyP

Folder Music of my BDA-3.14 not visible on network
« on: 29 Nov 2021, 07:56 pm »
Hi James, Chris and others,

From time to time, I do some maintenance on my USB drive. The drive is connected to one of the USB ports of my BDA-3.14.

Normally, I can see two folders: User and Music. For one reason or another, I don’t see the folder Music anymore. The folders within the Music folder are visible in Manic Moose, and the BDA-3.14 is playing music as always.

Who has a clue what is going on here? I have tried two different computers, a Mac and a PC, but to no avail.

Thanks,

WillyP

WillyP

Re: Folder Music of my BDA-3.14 not visible on network
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2021, 11:26 am »
Hello Chris,

This problem occurred after the latest firmware update. Is it possible that there is a bug in the update?

WillyP

Francois_Tardif

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2021, 01:09 pm »
Hi,

I don't know if it is related to the new firmware, but I can't see the RADIO PARADISE link.

François

UPDATE: The problem was with the lateste BETA firmware. With the latest official firmware, RADIO PARADISE is there.

WillyP

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2021, 10:52 pm »
Hello,

I am not sure what is causing the problem, but tonight my BDA-3.14 was unusable. There were many dropouts when playing music from my SSD drive, which is directly connected with a USB cable. From time to time, the music was not playing at all. I tried a factory reset, and that didn’t help. As a last resort, I disconnected the power cable for a minute. After connecting the power cable again, the BDA-3.14 recognized the Music folder, but it was too late to check if the dropouts still were there.

I don’t know if these issues have something to do with the new firmware, but I do hope some nice person from Bryston can help me with solving these problems.

Kind regards,

WillyP

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2021, 07:59 pm »
Hi,

I don't know if it is related to the new firmware, but I can't see the RADIO PARADISE link.

François

UPDATE: The problem was with the lateste BETA firmware. With the latest official firmware, RADIO PARADISE is there.

I don't think  anything has changed between those two as it relates to that feature, I wonder if the player is just having difficulties downloading the new database file and it just happened to be coincidence between changing firmware revisions?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2021, 08:01 pm »
Hello,

I am not sure what is causing the problem, but tonight my BDA-3.14 was unusable. There were many dropouts when playing music from my SSD drive, which is directly connected with a USB cable. From time to time, the music was not playing at all. I tried a factory reset, and that didn’t help. As a last resort, I disconnected the power cable for a minute. After connecting the power cable again, the BDA-3.14 recognized the Music folder, but it was too late to check if the dropouts still were there.

I don’t know if these issues have something to do with the new firmware, but I do hope some nice person from Bryston can help me with solving these problems.

Kind regards,

WillyP

Hi Willy,

When the drop outs occur does the media player indicate the player is still playing? or does the seek bar in the transport controls also stop?

Chris

WillyP

« Reply #6 on: 4 Dec 2021, 12:39 pm »
I don't think  anything has changed between those two as it relates to that feature, I wonder if the player is just having difficulties downloading the new database file and it just happened to be coincidence between changing firmware revisions?

It seems that for one reason or another something went wrong when the new firmware was installed. With Rigelian there are no drop outs at all. Everything plays fine (knock on wood), also the music files that had drop outs when I was using Manic Moose. I have rebuilt the database quite a few times now, but that doesn't make any difference.

WillyP

WillyP

« Reply #7 on: 4 Dec 2021, 02:13 pm »
Hi Willy,

When the drop outs occur does the media player indicate the player is still playing? or does the seek bar in the transport controls also stop?

Chris

Hi Chris,

When a dropout occurs, I can sometimes see a short delay (barely noticeable) in the blue progression bar at the top. There were about 20 dropouts in less than an hour time. FYI, I was using Chrome on my iPad. All music files are on a 1 TB SSD, but the same problem occurred on my old 1 TB HDD.

On both devices, the Music folder can’t be seen anymore on the network. To put new music files on my SSD, I need to disconnect the latter from the BDA-3.14, take it to the attic, where my computer is, copy the music files, remove all invisible files and connect it again to my BDA-3.14 in the living room. It used to be a simple affair: copy the new music files over the network to the SSD.

WillyP

WillyP

« Reply #8 on: 13 Dec 2021, 01:31 pm »
Hi Chris,

When a dropout occurs, I can sometimes see a short delay (barely noticeable) in the blue progression bar at the top. There were about 20 dropouts in less than an hour time. FYI, I was using Chrome on my iPad. All music files are on a 1 TB SSD, but the same problem occurred on my old 1 TB HDD.

On both devices, the Music folder can’t be seen anymore on the network. To put new music files on my SSD, I need to disconnect the latter from the BDA-3.14, take it to the attic, where my computer is, copy the music files, remove all invisible files and connect it again to my BDA-3.14 in the living room. It used to be a simple affair: copy the new music files over the network to the SSD.

WillyP

Hello Chris,

Can you help me with this issue?

Thanks,

WillyP