Hello from Pez! New Company - Hapa Audio

JakeJ

Re: Hello from Pez! New Company - Hapa Audio
« Reply #20 on: 17 Sep 2020, 10:45 pm »
Congratulations and welcome to the big time!  I agree geometry is very important and I think materials is second.  Combining the two is where the art comes in.  Are you planning on making balanced cables (XLR)?

Best Regards,
JakeJ

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #21 on: 18 Sep 2020, 03:12 am »
I've heard several of Pez's cables and they are quite special. 

Pez

« Reply #22 on: 18 Sep 2020, 04:16 am »
Folks, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the well wishing. It is so great to be a part of this community in a new and different way. Quite a few folks have signed up for a review piece. For those who have and read this, I will be in touch in short order!

Congrats on the new company!  I sat around drinking with a cable manufacturer one evening some years ago and he told me the most important factor is geometry.  Everything else flows from that.  So I think you have it right making that your focus.

I have to say, whom ever this individual is, is spot on. Geometry should be the primary focus insofar as the other prerequisite issues are being addressed. Obviously if you're using lamp cord, perhaps it's time to do a little research.  :P

Congratulations and welcome to the big time!  I agree geometry is very important and I think materials is second.  Combining the two is where the art comes in.  Are you planning on making balanced cables (XLR)?

Best Regards,
JakeJ

To answer your XLRs question, yes! I have created a plethora of XLR options and have zeroed in on a few options that are in beta now. Soon my friend.  :thumb:

To go even further into geometry, materials actually should dictate geometry. I have done extensive working and reworking of my designs. It's surprising how slight millimeter changes in geometry can yield differing results depending on what material is being used (Tyson can attest to that, thanks for the kind words. :) ). I think folks here are on the same page on this and I am going to make my first topic about Hapa Audio's geometry for our analog cables; DCSG - Dual Chirality Star Geometry. It's quite a mouthful, but once I get into the weeds on it I think you'll see why it's named thusly.

Stay tuned! And again, Thank you all for the warm welcome.  :popcorn:

Pez

« Reply #23 on: 24 Sep 2020, 04:35 pm »
Hello folks, just wanted to let you know, we received several requests for reviews. I am temporarily locking the form until we are at a point where we can accommodate more reviewers. Thanks to all involved and I look forward to hearing your impressions.  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #24 on: 24 Sep 2020, 05:48 pm »
Congratulations & Best Wishes with the new venture Pez.   :thumb:  Looks like your downtime turned into a big plus. Hope the achilles is healed, or well on the way at this point.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #25 on: 24 Sep 2020, 06:20 pm »
  Good luck to really Nice Person. Good luck with your venture.

charles

Early B.

« Reply #26 on: 24 Sep 2020, 06:34 pm »
Awesome!!!

I'm interested in reviewing your RCA digital cable once it's available.

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
« Reply #27 on: 24 Sep 2020, 06:59 pm »
Nice design--best of luck.
BPT

Pez

« Reply #28 on: 25 Sep 2020, 07:47 pm »
Rock on AC! I appreciate all the support. I'm getting reports from the folks who signed up for reviews that their pieces have arrived.  :popcorn:

I'm working on a little write up on the 'why' of my cable geometry. A few tidbits in the works on other projects I can't wait to show soon.

Awesome!!!

I'm interested in reviewing your RCA digital cable once it's available.

I'm very excited for my digital releases. I've spent over a year on the design and put together a patent that will be an integral part of my digital cable designs. Much more to come!  8)

nature boy

« Reply #29 on: 25 Sep 2020, 11:10 pm »
Congratulations Jason🎉🎉. Wishing you all the best with your new audio cable venture. Hope to give some of your offerings a listen in the future. Your IC cable geometry and materials look very interesting.

NB

nwres

« Reply #30 on: 1 Oct 2020, 06:53 pm »
Best of luck with your new company! I will take a look at your site. :D

Pez

« Reply #31 on: 1 Oct 2020, 08:52 pm »
Congratulations Jason🎉🎉. Wishing you all the best with your new audio cable venture. Hope to give some of your offerings a listen in the future. Your IC cable geometry and materials look very interesting.

NB

Thanks Nature Boy, We hopefully have a few reviews that are about to drop. Keep your eyes open!

Best of luck with your new company! I will take a look at your site. :D

nwres, thank you! And welcome to AC!

jtcf

« Reply #32 on: 1 Oct 2020, 10:43 pm »
Congrats and very best of luck to you!

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #33 on: 24 Oct 2020, 11:39 am »
Congratulations Pez!!! Good luck on your new adventure. I think you will do very well.

Pez

« Reply #34 on: 26 Oct 2020, 05:31 pm »
Thanks folks!

Ed, it's scary stuff starting a new business, but I'm enjoying it a lot, especially being here on AC. I just finished 3 new products 2 of which use a brand new method of construction and a brand new geometry that I've been designing and practicing for the better part of 3-4 months. Stay tuned, more to come!  :popcorn:

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #35 on: 22 Jul 2021, 08:21 pm »
Wow Pez congratulations! I have been away from the AudioCircle myself, but I am really excited to see that this is possible - starting an audio company with a theoretically valid new cable design. I want some! Look forward to catching up with your circle/company and the rest of Audiocircle.

Pez

« Reply #36 on: 22 Jul 2021, 08:26 pm »
JQP,
Great to hear from you ol' friend! I am very excited about being here on AC. This is my favorite community (shhhh! don't tell the others.  :nono: :wink: ) Hit me up any time if you'd like to try out any of my pieces.

Jason

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #37 on: 22 Jul 2021, 08:46 pm »
Best of luck with your new company!
I really think you need to work in Pez: Dispenser Of Truth in there someplace.

Pez

« Reply #38 on: 23 Jul 2021, 05:11 pm »
I really think you need to work in Pez: Dispenser Of Truth in there someplace.

Steve,
I miss that too! Maybe I'll change it back. It's super important that people know how pompous I am right off the bat.  :icon_twisted:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #39 on: 23 Jul 2021, 06:27 pm »
I would, I laughed the first time I saw it.
People will remember it.