BRYSTON BOT-1 (Bryston Optical Transport)

Alpha10

Re: BRYSTON BOT-1 (Bryston Optical Transport)
« Reply #40 on: 14 Mar 2013, 08:43 pm »
I hope to have that in the next few weeks as we are still getting prices on the propriatary parts.  Hoping around $1500 list.

james

Not sure what that would equate to in rip-off Britain, but looks like a great price point, and one where I would purchase. Thanks

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #41 on: 14 Mar 2013, 09:10 pm »
It took all day to troubleshoot the BOT's shiny new power supply but the BOT-1 plays its first cd as i type this...... Overexposed by Maroon 5

http://youtu.be/KdHzI465xA4

Cheers,
Chris
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2013, 11:44 pm by unincognito »

werd

« Reply #42 on: 14 Mar 2013, 09:23 pm »
I dont like the name. Synonymous with a virus or an attack bot on your computer. Thats the only way i ever hear it used.  I would change it.

SHV

« Reply #43 on: 14 Mar 2013, 09:54 pm »
But, would it not be better to provide a Bluray player that would work with the wonderful SP3? I still feel that it is a real omission from the Bryston line-up given that all other aspects of home cinema are covered to such a great level...

Cheers

I assume that you mean audio only...last thing Bryston wants is to get into the video mess or rebadge an OPPO.

Steve

Alpha10

« Reply #44 on: 14 Mar 2013, 10:09 pm »
I assume that you mean audio only...last thing Bryston wants is to get into the video mess or rebadge an OPPO.

Steve

Nope, I would more than happily pay for a Bryston tuned and aesthetic matched Oppo clone to go on my Bryston rack. I know others feel differently, but my kit sits in my front room and the rack appeal is worth the extra money, TO ME.

Cheers

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #45 on: 15 Mar 2013, 12:24 am »
Probably summer  :thumb:

james

I make no promises, James might be my boss but his influence doesn't extend to bending time  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Chris

drummermitchell

« Reply #46 on: 15 Mar 2013, 12:27 am »
So Chris,can a person make a playlist on the Bot,thx.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #47 on: 15 Mar 2013, 12:41 am »
So Chris,can a person make a playlist on the Bot,thx.

There's no reason why it couldn't

drummermitchell

« Reply #48 on: 15 Mar 2013, 12:48 am »
Now it gets exciting,wait a minute,Chris shouldn't you be burnin the midnight oil over at Bryston,heck it's ONLY 7:00 pm here :green:.
THX.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #49 on: 15 Mar 2013, 02:00 am »
I'm on salary  :lol:

joey116

« Reply #50 on: 15 Mar 2013, 02:50 pm »
Nope, I would more than happily pay for a Bryston tuned and aesthetic matched Oppo clone to go on my Bryston rack. I know others feel differently, but my kit sits in my front room and the rack appeal is worth the extra money, TO ME.

Cheers

I would love to see a Bryston modded Oppo BDP 105, how about it James ?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #51 on: 15 Mar 2013, 03:52 pm »

No I think we would start from scratch :thumb:

james

Stu Pitt

« Reply #52 on: 15 Mar 2013, 03:58 pm »

While we're at it, I'd love a Bryston version of the Naim Uniti.  Not re-badged, but a B60/DAC/BDP/tuner/digital iPod player all in one.  And it can be done without compromising sound quality - Uniti sounds every bit as good as the Nait 5i and CD5i it's based on. 

I think a ton of guys here would buy one for secondary systems.  It would also pull in a bunch of non-Bryston people in too.  It's been so successful for Naim that they've got 3 different versions of it.  My local Naim dealer (I moved so he's not local anymore) couldn't keep them in stock because they unexpectedly sold so well.

Just throwing that out there.  It's fun to play product developer and not having any responsibility for a potentially bad move for a company  :green:

Alpha10

« Reply #53 on: 15 Mar 2013, 08:27 pm »
No I think we would start from scratch :thumb:

james

Can I order one now please?  :thumb: :thumb:

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #54 on: 16 Mar 2013, 07:34 am »
Well its 3:30 am here in Ontario, Peterborough, 677 Neal Drive, the cubicle in engineering occupied by one Chris (crap i have forgotten my last name); but none of that matters because all the features work in the BOT-1

And its all mine (insert evil laugh here)

Marius

« Reply #55 on: 16 Mar 2013, 01:37 pm »
Hi Chris, James

before you start grin too loudly, what would the BOT1 do or do better that the HDX can not do? http://www.naimaudio.com/hifi-products/hdx

I must confess I fear a Bryston digital system, that in itself is really wonderful, but in fact lags quite a bit behind the Naims in this world in terms of sophisticated design (check/compare the display for starters), userfriendliness (check their App) and overall specs and functionality.

A Bot that only rips and plays from memory hardly answers to market demand I would guess?
Building a whole new system around playing CD's seems a bit awkward, since we already can rip them from our seats or desks (instead of having to walkover to the stereo...) and build lists and the lot. And, as you stated before repeatedly, the CD's end is nigh. The very reason Bryston stopped manufacturing the BCD1  :scratch: :scratch:

What else is up your sleeve. There must be?

Marius

Well its 3:30 am here in Ontario, Peterborough, 677 Neal Drive, the cubicle in engineering occupied by one Chris (crap i have forgotten my last name); but none of that matters because all the features work in the BOT-1

And its all mine (insert evil laugh here)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #56 on: 16 Mar 2013, 02:02 pm »
Hi Marius,

The idea behind the BOT is because many of our customers were disappointed when we stopped building our CD player as many of them feel CD's still sound excellent and want to play those CD's in the traditional manner.  I guess time will tell as to the success or failure of the concept.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #57 on: 16 Mar 2013, 02:03 pm »
I think both the Bryston and Naim will make it so much easier than using a computer where(at least for me )you have to drag this,click that ect and more ect  and then more.
These seem just so simple just like the old tape decks record and play,that's what I'm after.
I had a HHB cdr,took me awhile to get used to it but way easier than a FN computer,see I'm already pissed off.
Yes I lift heavy things and my knuckles drag on the ground :duh:.

drummermitchell

« Reply #58 on: 16 Mar 2013, 02:21 pm »
HEY Chris,are you up :lol:..
I wonder if a person could connect a PH stage to the Bot-1 to record LP's

srb

« Reply #59 on: 16 Mar 2013, 02:31 pm »
I wonder if a person could connect a PH stage to the Bot-1 to record LP's

I don't think the BOT-1 has analog inputs and an Analog to Digital converter.

Steve