Hey Seth, Whats cookin at Virtue??

bardamu

Re: Hey Seth, Whats cookin at Virtue??
« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2012, 11:55 am »
Hello Tarzan and all the others,
I only remember reading that there will be no investigations in improving the sensation models. If the Three will only offer a bit more power but no other sonic advantages i mighjt as well get myself a 901. I am planning to use it in a 2.1 audio/video set up trying to get a higher resolution without a tendancy to sound aggresive. I prefer a more mellow sound which might turn out to be a little less detailed. It seems that changing the 100nf cap in the sensation is a real challenge so maybe i will get it done at Virtue. Did anyone ever try an old fashioned paper in oil cap or the more recent ones that appear on ebay recently. Mundorf supreme silver oli could be nice too BUT maybe the sensation allready has the right kind of mix between detail/ mellow/ enchantment that i am looking for. I think my choke input power supply will make it sing a bit more than the standard supply. I might wanna try the lifepo4 option too.
What is the capacity of the 4 pole panasonic used in the sensation?  I think i wanna use a similar seize in my '' outboard '' choke input power supply
Thanksalot for any usefull thoughts or information and kind greetings, Edward

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Sold out / going stealth...
« Reply #21 on: 22 May 2012, 08:12 pm »
Guys,

We have decided to keep whatever remaining stock and use it for warranty/repairs.  There are a few ICEBlocks and plenty of cable left, but that's it.

To the Tripath die-hards out there... the THREE will get slightly more out of these chips but it turns out that we did a darn good job with the ONE/TWO/SENSATION.  The THREE will be a sonic evolution, not a revolution.

So... with that said, we're going stealth for a few months.  I can't pre-announce anything... when the cakes are fully baked, we'll talk about them.  If you want "in" on the first pre-order, of course we'll announce here, but please do sign up for our newsletter on the home page. 

Also, we're going to move warehouses to at this stage, destination unknown.  We're in discussions with other audio companies about co-fulfillment.  Jason continues to be involved as go-to repair and cables guy.  Cami has found a **real** day-job and we thank her for her AMAZING service. 

We plan on re-emerging and re-launching in the fall, hopefully before Rocky Mountain.  It's been a long and interesting ride and we hope that you find the new gear worthy of the name "Virtue."  For a guy who's been around a few blocks, I'm getting pretty excited by what I'm seeing.  You'll have to just wait, sorry.  There's lots of fun gear out there to buy... and upgrade to Virtue at the right time ;-)

Very best,

Seth

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2012, 09:01 pm »
Seth, are you saying the Three will outperform the Sensation :scratch:

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2012, 09:33 pm »
For me, the beauty of Sensation was in the 3 inputs, gorgeous Melissa enclosure, the tube buffer option (which is euphonic but annoying when you are changing volume as the oxidation/scratching gets worse over time), and the luscious input cap options...  Aside from multiple inputs, the rest goes away when you put it in a small case. 

The final THREE has not been integration tested fully (the last "ready" prototype is in the trash heap).  So I just don't know what is better and what is worse.  There will I hope, be examples of both.  Sensation is hard to beat with certain speakers, and we may never out-do it...  We'll see.

Hugs,

Seth