ID these VMPS' please?

Doublej

ID these VMPS' please?
« on: 15 Oct 2019, 12:12 am »
A friend has a really old pair of VMPS bookshelf like speakers. The cabinet is very wide.

On the left side of the front baffle, there is a woofer on the bottom. Above the woofer there is a silver rectangular plate with a VMPS logo on the left and two adjustment pots on the right. The left one is labeled presence . At the top is a circular tweeter. On the right side there's a midrange driver in line with the sliver plate.

Anyone know what model these are? Unfortunately they are packed behind a bunch of stuff so I could not get a good look at them or a decent picture. My friend thinks they are some type of 626. My guess is QSO 808 version x?

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Re: ID these VMPS' please?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2019, 01:42 am »
Something added by a previous owner?

Doublej

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2019, 02:47 am »
I don't think so. This is the only decentish shot I could get.

Stimpy

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2019, 11:40 pm »
The drivers look VMPS, but the layout looks strange.  So, I agree, probably an 808.  Though, likely kit built.  That's why the non-stop look, the owner did horizontal mounting of the mid and tweeter.

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2019, 12:22 am »
The drivers look VMPS, but the layout looks strange.  So, I agree, probably an 808.  Though, likely kit built.  That's why the non-stop look, the owner did horizontal mounting of the mid and tweeter.

Believe you are correct - http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/bookshelf-speakers/vmps/qso-808.html

Doublej

« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2019, 01:36 am »
I dug one out and took better pictures. No ID of any sort that I could find.

Stimpy

« Reply #6 on: 24 Oct 2019, 10:59 pm »
Ports and no passive radiators!  Wow.