New Liquids

aaron.luebke

New Liquids
« on: 30 Sep 2019, 05:37 pm »
Klaus and I met yesterday to exchange Lorelei’s for Liquids.  There was more wheeling and dealing prior to this but this was the last step.

Thanks for lunch, Klaus!

I’ll post more as they break in but these are amazing!

Loki57

Re: New Liquids
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2019, 09:19 pm »
Nice veneer. Is that walnut?

MONKEYWICKEDMONKEY

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2019, 09:45 pm »
If I could facilitate floor standers I would go with these hands down.  :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

aaron.luebke

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2019, 10:40 pm »
Nice veneer. Is that walnut?

Yep, walnut it is.  Not the most exotic wood but much of what I have is in walnut. 

Klaus will send you to a source with 100’s of choices and it was very difficult to chose walnut over the many others.

The top and door trim of the cabinet and the Mainline chassis are walnut.

steverii

« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2019, 11:59 pm »
Aaron, walnut may not be the most "exotic" of woods, but there is no arguing that it is pretty

Loki57

« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2019, 03:51 pm »
Have you had anytime to do any listening? I know it's way to early but what do you think so far?

aaron.luebke

« Reply #6 on: 2 Oct 2019, 12:18 am »
Gotta get some hours on them.  Treble is amazingly clear and imaging is excellent.  Mid is very good but the two big drivers need some settling in time.

I’ll keep updating here as things get some time to break in.

aaron.luebke

« Reply #7 on: 10 Oct 2019, 07:20 pm »
250 hours or so...

Between break-in, some foam inserts and cable switching around I think we're close.

I forgot I was testing some cables between the DAC and pre and another pair between pre and power amps.  I replaced those with Groneberg and things evened out.  Klaus also supplied some foam inserts for the back ports to experiment with.  I've changed these around a few times but now am using the more porous of the two in only the upper port.  Still no outriggers/spikes but they are on order.  I've also moved the listening chair up even closer - probably 6' now from ear to speaker.  I've got them toed in just a bit but I'm not going to mess with that until the outriggers arrive.

I've picked up a cold as well so my ears are all messed up right now.  But I really like the sound from these.  Definitely a step up from the Lorelei's.   

hi_watt

« Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2019, 05:06 pm »
Thanks for the update, and looking forward to how they sound as they break in.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #9 on: 11 Oct 2019, 06:46 pm »
  Octoberfest liquids enjoy!!!

charles

aaron.luebke

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2019, 10:41 pm »
Somewhere close to 350 hours on these now.  I’ve removed the foam plugs.  The boomies have gone and I expect the bass to tighten up once the outriggers have arrived and they are spiked down.

Sound stage is the best I’ve ever heard.  My son listened for a bit and remarked how easy it was to visualize where everything was located.  Drums there, vocalists there, instruments here.  Very defined.

I’m very happy with these!!  Thanks Klaus!   :banana piano: :drums: :guitar:  :beer:

qdrone

« Reply #11 on: 4 Mar 2021, 06:36 am »
I just ordered Walnut Liquids myself. I have same story as you but I kept my Kismet x-over up graded Lorelei speakers. Cant wait to hear mine but they say good things come to those that wait.

Rocket

« Reply #12 on: 4 Mar 2021, 10:14 am »
Hi,

They look beautiful speakers and Klaus has such an amazing reputation I'm sure they will sound fantastic.

Happy listening.

Cheers Rod