CDT-10

rustydoglim

Re: CDT-10
« Reply #40 on: 27 Sep 2019, 05:23 pm »

Finally, shipping mid October.
I have confirm next week regarding improvement over CDT-8 Pro.  I am certain that power supply, control (able to select individual track) have improved. Others I need to confirm.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #41 on: 2 Oct 2019, 04:05 am »
 :beer: :eyebrows: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

rustydoglim

« Reply #42 on: 11 Oct 2019, 06:56 pm »
CDT-10 is a redesign of CDT-8 Pro as you can see from the internal photo.  Best in the world.

Product info just published on the website:  https://nuprimeaudio.com/product/cdt-10/
Shipping Oct 18, waiting for manual to be printed. I will upload manual to the product page next week.

maxima95

« Reply #43 on: 12 Oct 2019, 01:55 am »
A little off track, but how is the Ground Screw on the back of the CDT-10 (and the CDT-8) used/connected?

Thanks.

John Casler

« Reply #44 on: 13 Oct 2019, 01:21 am »
Keep your eyes open for CDT-8 Pros that are either being sold or traded to get the CDT-10.

I have a couple coming back soon so check with your dealer.

gab

« Reply #45 on: 14 Oct 2019, 06:28 pm »
Keep your eyes open for CDT-8 Pros that are either being sold or traded to get the CDT-10.

I have a couple coming back soon so check with your dealer.

John - I have a CDT-8 Pro. I saw a reference to a CDT Pro-8 at the Pro-ject RS2 T site ( https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/cd-box-rs2-t/ ) and they mentioned this (bold emphasis mine):

"Being based in Vienna, we are lucky enough that Philips had its development department here, and many CD players and mechanisms were designed here. The gentlemen who were part of this epochal invention are still around, formed in a company called StreamUnlimited. We are proud to say, the pope of the CD player today – Mr. Michael Jirousek, was helping to create this ultimate CD player.
The CD Box RS2 T is the latest development in our line of ultimate top-loading CD transports, built around the StreamUnlimited CD mechanism CD–Pro 8 and servo system CD-84. The CD Box RS2 T takes playing standard Red Book Audio CDs to perfection.
The CD Pro-8 has the servo system directly integrated in its aluminium body. The entire body is suspended on a proprietary anti-vibration system, which allows us to control the level of outside vibrations reaching the insides of the device. The CD mechanism is stabilized and secured, unaffected by external influences."

Is the CD transport in my CDT-8 Pro the same one as mentioned in the Pro-ject snippet above (i.e., is it a StreamUnlimited CD mechanism)? And also which CD mechanism is in the CDT-10? Thanks

gab

Westerwälder

« Reply #46 on: 15 Oct 2019, 04:34 pm »
Hi,
my experiences with project are limited.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=158771.0
The promises were high, but failed because the project drive did not live up to Project's promise.
In my case, that meant 3 times reclamation.
3x project CD box. Threadbare excuses. Manufacturing in Eastern Europe, software problems, etc.
My decision: CDT 8
And since that the best sound ever.

For there is only one increase.
The CDT 10.
But I do not want to judge rashly.

rustydoglim

« Reply #47 on: 17 Oct 2019, 09:25 pm »
I got more information about CDT-10 versus CDT-8 Pro, and just updated the website.

CDT-10 extends the exceptional digital design of CDT-8 Pro with enhanced AC noise filter (inherited from Evolution DAC) and power circuit. But to be considered as the ultimate CD transport, CDT-10 design philosophy is to minimize every possible mechanical vibration. The CDT-10 chassis design has similar structural integrity as a submarine (tubular structure with vertical & longitudinal rigidness) evenly distribute vibration. The transport mechanism is further sandwiched with aluminum plates to reduce vibration.

You will hear the difference.

Westerwälder

« Reply #48 on: 28 Mar 2020, 05:48 pm »
Today I had the opportunity to hear the CDT-10 extensively.
I have to say I'm thrilled.
Such a fine drawing of the smallest details, a calmness in the reproduction, which at the same time builds up a tension, more precisely marked bass with oscillation (double bass) Smallest details, which I had not previously noticed with the CDT-8.
The CDT-10 makes the music exciting.
A worthwhile increase.
I am attached.

rird

« Reply #49 on: 28 Mar 2020, 07:02 pm »
I had expected more control, more muscular, texture and better 3D rendering.
That would probably require another transport and a more massive build.
Like Wadia or perhaps Esoteric transports.

Westerwälder

« Reply #50 on: 4 Apr 2021, 07:26 am »
Since the beginning of March, the CDT-10 has replaced my CDT-8. I am more than happy.
The CDT-10 outperforms the CDT-8 in all respects.
I myself had no way of hearing the CDT-10 against more expensive CD drives.
My HiFi dealers told me the best price-performance ratio when I made the purchase decision.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #51 on: 20 May 2021, 04:18 am »
Very surprised to find out that a CDT-10 existed!  I have been out of the loop for a while, and  I thought I'd catch up.  To my surprise, only a single review / comment in over a year and half of production of the CDT-10!  Was there really so little market for this product?  Is CD really dead then?

Craig B

« Reply #52 on: 20 May 2021, 11:17 am »
The Nuprime I2S is compatible with the PSA standard as I'm doing it as are several others on the PSA forum.

I'm among that group, using the I2S connection on my PSA Stellar Gain Cell/DAC. Works perfectly as long as I don't choose a sampling rate higher than the Stellar can accept.

djbnh

« Reply #53 on: 20 May 2021, 11:55 am »
I'm among that group, using the I2S connection on my PSA Stellar Gain Cell/DAC. Works perfectly as long as I don't choose a sampling rate higher than the Stellar can accept.
Running CDT-10 transport I2S output one week, using stock NuPrime PC / I2S cords, with my Denafrips Pontus II DAC. Works great; also, Pontus II accepts higher sampling rates than the CDT-10 outputs so no issues there.

rustydoglim

« Reply #54 on: 20 May 2021, 04:25 pm »

"Being based in Vienna, we are lucky enough that Philips had its development department here, and many CD players and mechanisms were designed here. The gentlemen who were part of this epochal invention are still around, formed in a company called StreamUnlimited. We are proud to say, the pope of the CD player today – Mr. Michael Jirousek, was helping to create this ultimate CD player.
The CD Box RS2 T is the latest development in our line of ultimate top-loading CD transports, built around the StreamUnlimited CD mechanism CD–Pro 8 and servo system CD-84. The CD Box RS2 T takes playing standard Red Book Audio CDs to perfection.
The CD Pro-8 has the servo system directly integrated in its aluminium body. The entire body is suspended on a proprietary anti-vibration system, which allows us to control the level of outside vibrations reaching the insides of the device. The CD mechanism is stabilized and secured, unaffected by external influences."

Is the CD transport in my CDT-8 Pro the same one as mentioned in the Pro-ject snippet above (i.e., is it a StreamUnlimited CD mechanism)? And also which CD mechanism is in the CDT-10? Thanks

gab

StreamUnlimited is the high end ODM/OEM for many top brands and they designs are "not cheap" and world class. All I can say is that Nuprime's factory has collaborated with Michael Jirousek/Stream Unlimited for a long time, so we have some "cost advantage" :).
Whether it is CDT-8 Pro, CDT-9 or CDT-10, you are getting a good deal. 

rustydoglim

« Reply #55 on: 20 May 2021, 09:17 pm »
Very surprised to find out that a CDT-10 existed!  I have been out of the loop for a while, and  I thought I'd catch up.  To my surprise, only a single review / comment in over a year and half of production of the CDT-10!  Was there really so little market for this product?  Is CD really dead then?

We sold about 200 CDT-10, not too bad. CDT-8 Pro sales is obviously many times more :)

Craig B

« Reply #56 on: 21 May 2021, 11:27 am »
We sold about 200 CDT-10, not too bad. CDT-8 Pro sales is obviously many times more :)

I don't know enough about the industry to say whether 200 units so far is reasonable or not, but from where I sit (which is very happily with a CDT-8 Pro), the price differential is large enough that I'm not surprised its sales would be some fraction of the 8's.

Right now I'm about to embark on a listening test of standard redbook discs played on my CDT-8 Pro at DSD 128 via I2S to the DAC in my PSA preamp, compared to the same discs played on my new Marantz SACD 30n, with its proprietary no-DAC-chip MMM conversion process, feeding analog to the PSA. I've only had the Marantz a week, and so far I've only played SACDs on it, but everyone says it works wonders on CDs. We'll see.

pawsman

« Reply #57 on: 21 May 2021, 01:56 pm »
Craig,
I'd love to hear how the Marantz 30n sounds with Redbook CD; please let us know-

pawsman

envydd

« Reply #58 on: 23 May 2021, 05:09 am »
Anyone compared the CDTs to an Oppo 205?

Westerwälder

« Reply #59 on: 28 May 2021, 05:58 pm »
In 2018 I opened this topic.
My friends whispered to me that something bigger was planned after the CDT-8. And that should be a CDT-10.
The CDT-10 is now playing in my NuPrime chain.
I am thrilled and would like to take this opportunity to thank Rustidoglim for publishing my little report.
https://nuprimeaudio.com/nuprime-10-series-system/?v=3a52f3c22ed6
I'll stick with it until someone can convince me of a better price-performance ratio.