When, how much and why of Hemp OB Drivers, please?

Chas

When, how much and why of Hemp OB Drivers, please?
« on: 26 Sep 2006, 02:13 pm »
Louis O,

Could you please give us details of when the Hemp open baffle drivers will be ready, how much they will cost and what benefits are expected over the Dark Hole favorite OB driver?

Thanks in advance,

Chas
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2006, 03:17 pm by Chas »

Louis O

Re: When, how much and why of Hemp OB Drivers, please?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2006, 12:17 am »
Hi Chas,

Many thanks for your post. The drivers will be a couple of months. We redesigned the motor and it has a stronger magnet and underhung coil now. I also have a new basket which is less reflective. I can make the OBs now with B200s.

Thanks again,
Louis

Brad

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2006, 01:48 am »
Louis,

What are you charging for your OB's for those of us that already have B200's, but don't have your phenomenal woodworking skills?

jrebman

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2006, 01:14 pm »
Hi Chas,

Many thanks for your post. The drivers will be a couple of months. We redesigned the motor and it has a stronger magnet and underhung coil now. I also have a new basket which is less reflective. I can make the OBs now with B200s.

Louis,

Did you just say... "underhung coil"???  Wow!  could this potentially be a drop-in replacement for the Revolutions?  Tell me it is so :).

If this is the case, maybe you could come up with some sort of set-screw-type crimp connection for the new driver and the B-200 (maybe along the lines of what WBT does with their crimps so you can change between spades and bananas) and then switching drivers would be a very straightforward process.  And of course it would allow you to paint a little silver contact enhancer on it as well -- a much more transparent connection than solder, IMO.

Wow, this could be really cool!

-- Jim

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2006, 08:56 pm »

Hi Brad,

I'm still working on it, but should know pretty soon. I would like price it out with and without the drivers. The hardest part is getting the packaging in order. The Obs also take a lot of material especially veneer.

Hi jrebman,

It sure does and it will drop in to a Revolution. The connections might be different and I also crimp the leads so this will make it easier. Better than solder for sure.

The driver is very close in spec to the B200 and has the new baskets. Working on the wizzer right now and it will have the original A Broun cone. The cone has no Kevlar or carbon fiber at all.

Thanks again,
Louis