Omega speakers to France

dgotlse

Omega speakers to France
« on: 11 May 2016, 12:52 pm »
Hi,

I'm considering Omega speakers to pair with my 300B SET.
Shall I buy them from Starsandstripes in Finland or is it more straightforward to order them directly from Omega?

It isn't a problem of markup or whatever but rather to receive them without the turmoil of customs, poor carriers and so on.
Please advise.

FireGuy

Re: Omega speakers to France
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2016, 01:47 pm »
Good call on considering Omegas.  I would contact Omega (Louis) directly.  He'll be able to steer you best.

hdrider

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2016, 01:49 pm »
My experience in dealing with Louis / Omega directly was amazing. Perfect transaction on both my 7XRS's and Deep 8 sub. I would call Louis.  Not sure about customs / taxes but it seems that someone is always looking to stick it to us. Keep us informed on your decision and how everything sounds. Happy listening, Chris.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2016, 07:29 pm »
Best to contact Louis directly. 

charmerci

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2016, 07:34 pm »
Customs will be a lot! Be prepared!  :o

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2016, 07:40 pm »
Hi,

I'm considering Omega speakers to pair with my 300B SET.
Shall I buy them from Starsandstripes in Finland or is it more straightforward to order them directly from Omega?

It isn't a problem of markup or whatever but rather to receive them without the turmoil of customs, poor carriers and so on.
Please advise.
Finland are a Euro member seems there is no Customs dutie.
How much per cent are the French Customs duties for US packages?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2016, 07:43 pm »
After a fast Googled I see its only 20% VAT,
but not a reliable information, please search your Customs site.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2016, 07:45 pm »
I bought two pairs of speakers from Louis and got bit by customs both times. VAT (20%) on top of import duties and Federal Express (I seem to recall it was Fedex) handling fee. That cost a lot, but the pain disappeared immediately when I hooked them to the amp and started playing music.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2016, 08:02 pm »
I bought two pairs of speakers from Louis and got bit by customs both times. VAT (20%) on top of import duties and Federal Express (I seem to recall it was Fedex) handling fee. That cost a lot, but the pain disappeared immediately when I hooked them to the amp and started playing music.
I glad to know its only 20%, you lucky guy.
In my country its 100% to 140%.(((
Regular ship delivery are 3 to 14 months
unless you pay express ship.

charmerci

« Reply #9 on: 11 May 2016, 08:10 pm »
20%? Wow.

I had my brother send me a package of my own things and I told him to value it at $0. He didn't listen to me and declared the value at $150. I had to pay 44 euros to get it from French customs!  :o  (At least they brought it to my doorstep.)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 11 May 2016, 08:54 pm »
Ouch...44euros are the minimum fee?
Or they charged a X% over the freight value?

charmerci

« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2016, 09:05 pm »
Ouch...44euros are the minimum fee?
Or they charged a X% over the freight value?

Haven't a clue.

My French was not great, the person left a hard-to-hear phone message (even my French neighbor had trouble understanding) and it took a couple days to reach him. As mentioned, it was simply hand-delivered by courier without a "itemized" receipt.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2016, 09:16 pm »

Haven't a clue.

My French was not great, the person left a hard-to-hear phone message (even my French neighbor had trouble understanding) and it took a couple days to reach him. As mentioned, it was simply hand-delivered by courier without a "itemized" receipt.
Very unusual, if it happen in my country I would say he scam you.

Louis O

« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2016, 01:41 am »
Hi dgotlse,

Many thanks for your post and it would be best to order directly. I get great rates with shipping and please contact me for all the details.

I would be happy to go over all the numbers.

Many thanks for all the great posts and help, I appreciate it greatly.

Thanks again,
Louis

dgotlse

« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2016, 07:09 am »
Thanks to everyone.

I have first to make my choice (it might take some time, I am a recovering box swapper !!!) and then gather the cash but we'll keep in touch Louis.