ModWright Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Network Audio Player

Krpoin

I have a dear friend who owns a ModWright Integrated Amp; he has been telling me for some time how much he enjoys his amp and what a great company ModWright Instrument is. When I was beginning to do research in order to purchase a new network audio player, he told me about the tube modification they do to the Cambridge Audio CXN V2. After doing some research I called ModWright and spoke with Kristin, the company’s VP, who took a lot of time to answer my questions. I ordered the CA CXN V2 new and had it shipped to ModWright in WA. I have to say that this has been a very positive experience. They had an issue getting transformers shipped from Sweden because of pandemic related issues and I was notified by Kristin right away. She gave me a modified ship date which they met. When it came time to ship Dan took and Kristin sent me before and after mod internal pictures, as well as pictures of my unit playing in their showroom. I am impressed that they take the time to test each product to make sure that it works well after modification and that they gave me very personalized service. I have included the pictures that they sent. I look forward to enjoying great music out of this device for many years. Thanks to Dan and Kristin for exceptional customer service.

« Last Edit: 1 May 2021, 12:07 am by Krpoin »

nature boy

Re: ModWright Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Network Audio Player
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2021, 07:43 pm »
You'll absolutely love the MWI modified CXN V2. I received Dan's first modded unit. Streaming Qobuz via ROON or playing CD's on my transport via a coaxial cable is mind blowing. Music is so real! Detail, texture, expansive soundstage - amazing. Enjoy.

NB

Krpoin

« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2021, 08:08 pm »
I will. Thanks NB!

displayname

« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2021, 05:16 am »
Great pics! I saw the side by side image on Dan's social media pages, but I hadn't seen the top plate.  Looks sleek.

Nick B

« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2021, 06:19 am »
I have a dear friend who owns a ModWright Integrated Amp; he has been telling me for some time how much he enjoys his amp and what a great company ModWright Instrument is. When I was beginning to do research in order to purchase a new network audio player, he told me about the tube modification they do to the Cambridge Audio CXN V2. After doing some research I called ModWright and spoke with Kristin, the company’s VP, who took a lot of time to answer my questions. I ordered the CA CXN V2 new and had it shipped to ModWright in WA. I have to say that this has been a very positive experience. They had an issue getting transformers shipped from Sweden because of pandemic related issues and I was notified by Kristin right away. She gave me a modified ship date which they met. When it came time to ship Dan took and Kristin sent me before and after mod internal pictures, as well as pictures of my unit playing in their showroom. I am impressed that they take the time to test each product to make sure that it works well after modification and that they gave me very personalized service. I have included the pictures that they sent. I look forward to enjoying great music out of this device for many years. Thanks to Dan and Kristin for exceptional customer service.

Congratulations! I’ve heard such great things about Dan and MWI. You will hopefully report further when it’s broken in…yes?
Nick

SlushPuppy

« Reply #5 on: 1 May 2021, 06:22 am »
Looks great! Comparing the before and after pictures that's a big mod. Congrats and happy listening!