Name that song

TF1216

• Industry Participant
Name that song
« on: 23 Jul 2012, 06:21 pm »
Hello guys,

I heard a beautiful jazz song that I would love to learn the artist.  The song can be heard 38 minutes into the 5th episode (season 2) of Suits (a USA Network show).  I researched the web and it seems that the song may have been an original song composed for the show.  I hope that information is wrong.

Thanks fellas'

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Name that song
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2012, 08:51 pm »

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2012, 10:15 pm »
Thanks for helping FULLRANGEMAN.  I hope someone knows.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2012, 10:33 pm »
Hi,
I try download this episode on the first link, but my anti-virus warning a risky connection.

PSB Guy

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2012, 11:13 pm »
I'm not sure of the song title, but I think the group that did it is The Cinematic Orchestra.

Cornelis

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2012, 12:06 am »
I've listened to a bunch of Cinematic Orchestra songs and none sound like the track playing at the 38 minute mark. Their songs sound like the song playing near the end of the episode.  Did you guys find a song from them that sounds real close?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2012, 12:07 am »
Here there is a preview from a song(That Home/Fleur album) used in this episode on option 4.
http://www.tunefind.com/popular/week

Here there is 3 songs used in this episode: (Blood Pressure, That Home and To Build a Home)
http://www.tunefind.com/show/suits/season-2/11581

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2012, 12:10 am »
I've listened to a bunch of Cinematic Orchestra songs and none sound like the track playing at the 38 minute mark. Their songs sound like the song playing near the end of the episode.  Did you guys find a song from them that sounds real close?
This link inform the song at the episode end is ''That Home'', thats is the song??
http://www.tunefind.com/show/suits/season-2/11581

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jul 2012, 02:13 am »
Cool find.  Thanks for doing the research. The song that ends the episode is from Cinematic Orchestra.  The song I am searching for someone believes is a Miles Davis cover. Your research led to that.  My Miles Davis experience is nowhere near enough to know which albums to search through.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 29 Jul 2012, 10:45 pm »
Nice you find it. Search no name music may be difficult some times.
Iam searching a song from the Fairfield Four, a vocal Gospel group that exist since the 1920 years.
So they had a lot of albums and songs. Not easy.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 2 Aug 2012, 05:39 pm »
I have searched more than 40 albums of Miles Davis' to find only one song that comes close.  It's name is "You're My Everything" from the Relaxin' album. 
To me this song exudes the melancholy feeling I felt from the song in the Suits episode.  I really wish I was more familiar with jazz.  I loved the nature of the song from that episode.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 2 Aug 2012, 09:53 pm »
If the Cinematic Orchestra made a new arrangement of this song it decrease the chances to find the song.
You could email the Cinematic Orchestra website asking for help, maybe they help.