New distributor in the works

art

• Industry Participant
    • Analog Research-Technology
New distributor in the works
« on: 22 May 2009, 01:32 am »
We are finalising an agreement on a new distributor. They hope to expand our appeal into the computer audio market. Part of that will involve redesigning our logo (yes, again!), in order to attract attention from that segment of the market. (Or so they claim!)

So until that little hurdle is cleared, all Legato and Duetta boxes will be shipped sans logo. We will discount all products 10% until the new logo design is finalised and applied to the chassis. I don't see the sense in making a small handful with the old logo, and paying too much in the process. Or making a boatload to get the cost down, and then eating them.

No, I have no idea what it will look like. We were supposed to meet today, but that has been shelved until tomorrow. But we are excited about this, and decided to share this with the faithful few who are hanging in there while the AC site is rebuilt.

(I don't want to think how much work that entails. Our thanks to the folks who make this site work. We all wish them the best in their efforts.)

Pat

pfarthing

Re: New distributor in the works
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2009, 10:38 pm »
Can they update your website, as well? Would seem a worthwhile thing to do

art

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2009, 07:54 am »
No, they have to concentrate on making their own. They want to do direct sales, so that involves some work. They will eventually make some suggestions on ours.

We need decent pictures, and that won't happen until we get units good enough to photograph. So, no changes until then.

We may end up keeping the present logo. After resizing it some, and moving it around a bit, it looks like it will be a good fit for the way we plan to package the units. The original logo is also a possibility.

(They have this goofy idea that if we make the log more "Mac friendly", that we can expand into the non-audiophile computer geek market. Their idea, not mine. Their capital will be at risk, not ours, so..........)

Pat

pfarthing

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jun 2009, 05:39 am »
(They have this goofy idea that if we make the log more "Mac friendly", that we can expand into the non-audiophile computer geek market. Their idea, not mine. Their capital will be at risk, not ours, Pat

Sound like web-designers to me  :lol:

art

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun 2009, 06:01 am »
Just noticed that I meant to say "logo".

Nope, the guy behind it used to own a high-end store somewhere. More into "investments" at this time.

Making money the old fashioned way. Betting on stocks!

Pat