Squeezebox 2 vs. Audio PC vs. others...

JoshK

« Reply #40 on: 13 Aug 2005, 07:06 pm »
Not familiar with the proximis firefly.  I really would love to ultimately add a touchpanel.  That would be the bomb.

Marbles

« Reply #41 on: 13 Aug 2005, 07:11 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
Not familiar with the proximis firefly.  I really would love to ultimately add a touchpanel.  That would be the bomb.

The Firefly does everything I need it to do but pick the next CD, and it's only $50.

Since I have to get up at least once every 45 minutes or so to get a beer or take a pee, I might just as well change the (dare I say software) music.

The Airpanel would be the bomb, but I think with it I'd get even less exercise than I do now, if that's possible.

JoshK

« Reply #42 on: 13 Aug 2005, 08:46 pm »
I don't think the airpanel is a touch panel fwiw.

JoshK

« Reply #43 on: 13 Aug 2005, 08:50 pm »
If all goes well with my Fedora Core upgrade for my Linux file server, then I am going to move to running MythTV back end on the FS and buy a Roku Photobridge and run the MythRoku front end on it.  Basically it will be a full fledge HT frontend (Cable, sat, PVR/DVR, HD decoder, scheduler, music playback, weather, pc, games) and I would then just need a nice UI, such as a touchpanel.  

The only thing this setup wouldn't address is the DVD rom for movie playback, but I may have a solution for that as well.  I think the software is finally getting mature enough to move away from components for sources and run PC off a file server in another room.  I plan to prove it.

mgalusha

« Reply #44 on: 13 Aug 2005, 10:58 pm »
Josh,

I have a 15" LCD touchscreen that I'll make you a good deal on. PM me if you're interested.

Mike