Bryston Loudspeakers

bsleepy

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2720 on: 18 Oct 2019, 06:54 pm »
Very nice looking.

gene9p

« Reply #2721 on: 18 Oct 2019, 10:53 pm »
from my own experience a few years ago..you need lots of power. My original Mini A's worked well with my Parasound amp at 125 per channel but the bigger mini T's were lacking. When I moved up to a bigger Parasound A21, at 250 per the Mini T's really came to life. I also found I preferred the Mini T's on a lower stand...18 inches..and lightly tilted upward. You can see in the above photos my room which has limited space required some tweaking. The sound itself is bigger, bolder and more refined. They are really heavy unlike the Mini A's which are pretty light. If you have the space and the power they are quite incredible sounding. Lot's of detail, not harsh but not warm. Very lifelike sound whether using cd's or or Vinyl. I am not a streamer so I won't be able to answer that  question. I do prefer the rear ports plugged with both the Mini A and the T's. Port plugs can be found on Axiom speakers website. I just ordered a pair and they arrived in 2 days, free shipping to NY. from Canada. They fit the Bryston speakers perfect and come in pairs for 28 bucks.
https://www.axiomaudio.com/port-plugs

Hope this helps.

PS: The A's are breaking in nicely and the port plugs bring out the best in the speakers.

spotlightaudio

« Reply #2722 on: 19 Oct 2019, 04:21 pm »
Thanks gene9p for your insight !

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2723 on: 28 Mar 2020, 12:53 pm »

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model A3 speaker – Customer Feedback

March 2020

Subject: Testimonial

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to let you know how unbelievable my Bryston A3 towers are.

Suspension of disbelief. Absolutely!

My speakers disappear during listening sessions. As the volume increases, the sound just gets better, more full.

I am so happy that I stepped into the Brystons! I cannot sing their praises enough.

Thank you for such a great “ entry “ level speaker! There is nothing missing in the music during playback. When comparing these to another brand, the difference in the Brystons ability to produce bass and the right treble is unbelievable.

Thank you!
Mark Kaminski

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #2724 on: 2 Jun 2020, 09:51 am »
James,

Bryston doesn‘t offer port plugs for any type of  their speakers.
Why?

Thanx,

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2725 on: 2 Jun 2020, 10:30 am »
James,

Bryston doesn‘t offer port plugs for any type of  their speakers.
Why?

Thanx,

al.

Hi Al

Yes we do - in fact they come with the speakers.

Here is what they do at the low end as you add them on the Model T

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #2726 on: 3 Jun 2020, 07:11 am »

...ah, ok! then i was wrong. it was just a thought because they are not to find on Bryston‘s website.
however, nice to know  :thumb:  so please allow me one question: how would a Middle T sound like with the plugs?

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2727 on: 3 Jun 2020, 10:22 am »
...ah, ok! then i was wrong. it was just a thought because they are not to find on Bryston‘s website.
however, nice to know  :thumb:  so please allow me one question: how would a Middle T sound like with the plugs?

al.

Hi Al

Using the plugs is really a matter of room integration. If the room does not support really low bass (boom or lack of transients) then you can use some or all of the plugs to tame and tailor the level of low bass in the room.

With all the plugs in as you can see from the graphs you get a gradual rolloff in the very low frequencies and the speaker behaves much like an acoustic suspension loading.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #2728 on: 6 Jun 2020, 12:18 am »
Not to derail,is Bryston still shipping if acustomer places an order or are we held up for awhile.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2729 on: 6 Jun 2020, 12:50 am »
Not to derail,is Bryston still shipping if acustomer places an order or are we held up for awhile.

Hi Drummer

We are back to work as of this week but heavily backordered so any new order is about 4 weeks out.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #2730 on: 6 Jun 2020, 02:33 pm »
Thanks James,

I know Brystons web site is still in the works as when I try to down load the manual for the mini A wireless speakers,the 28 amp pops up.

Want to compare the Mini A with the Bryfi-2 for my deck.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2731 on: 6 Jun 2020, 03:49 pm »
HI Drummer

Thanks will let the web guy know.

The BryFi has the same set of drivers as the Mini A so its more a decision of portability of a complete system versus  separate components.

I use the BryFi on my backyard deck during the summer and then as a kitchen radio in the winter.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #2732 on: 12 Jun 2020, 04:19 pm »
Thanks James,
Is it possible to have a manual on the Bryfi-2 on here.
Curious as it does have mute and vol on the cabinet,can a person control vol from ph or IPad,
Thx

If it’s a month for delivery then I still have some summer left 8)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2733 on: 12 Jun 2020, 05:02 pm »
Thanks James,
Is it possible to have a manual on the Bryfi-2 on here.
Curious as it does have mute and vol on the cabinet,can a person control vol from ph or IPad,
Thx

If it’s a month for delivery then I still have some summer left 8)

Hi

Yes it has volume controls and mute on the top of the unit and it also has its own GUI for control.

james

« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2020, 07:09 am by James Tanner »

domonly

« Reply #2734 on: 23 Jun 2020, 01:17 am »
Hi folks ! New here , also in the audiophile world hehe..

Anyways i need your advice , as a total rookie, theres so many components and options.. !

I just purchased a set of Bryston middle T cherry loudspeakers , a Bryston 4b3 cubed amplifier, and a Topping d90 Dac.

Now.. what kind of cables input/output would you suggest me with these components ? Its the very first audio system i buy, and im a bit lost haha.. should i also look for a pre-amp or it should be fine as it is ? Running a bit dry after all those purchases though .. ( student here )

appreciate any suggestions,
thank you !

Dom

Gumby

« Reply #2735 on: 23 Jul 2020, 09:09 pm »
I’m currently driving Bowers & Wilkins 707 standmounts with a Bryston B60.  Considering a change of sound. Does anyone have experience with The Mini A’s or Mini T’s  with the B60?   Would they be a good match or should I add more power?

Thanks

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #2736 on: 24 Jul 2020, 01:57 am »
gumby,

I asked a similar question a few days ago; however, I'm only using FM as the signal source.
James Tanner responded. He is using a B60 with MiniA speakers in his office, and internet radio for music source.

He's satisfied, so that's good enough for me.

George

Gumby

« Reply #2737 on: 24 Jul 2020, 02:53 am »
Thanks for the info George.

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #2738 on: 18 Aug 2020, 11:35 pm »
James,

What is the backlog in Mini T and Mini A passive speakers?

George

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2739 on: 19 Aug 2020, 12:13 am »
James,

What is the backlog in Mini T and Mini A passive speakers?

George

Hi George

Usually about 2 weeks from order unless its a standard colour then we may have it sooner.

james