Panny sa-xr25 Video issues?

rajjneef

« on: 10 Feb 2004, 07:12 pm »
I could not locate a 45 so I figured I'd try a 25. Does anyone else with the 25 (or 45) notice problems with the picture quality after going through the receiver? I have my Hughes HDTV box and also a playstation 2 going through the component section. My colors have changed to what I can best describe as a cool vs. warm color. I also have some instability on the picture at times. For instance.. on a playstation game during a scorescreen the image "shakes" at times. Also on the HDTV it will flicker and cause my TV to reset making me have to adjust my size ratio from time to time. Neither of these happened when connected directly to the TV. Anyone else have these issues or know what could be the cause? I dont know if I have a lemon or if this thing just stinks for this application. Thanks for any responces.

PhilNYC

« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2004, 11:06 pm »
I had a similar issue with my Playstation 2 hooked into my Denon AV3801 via S-video.  It was very odd...when certain types of screens (load screens and the pause screen on Madden 2003), I would lose the aspect setting, the color, or sometimes even the complete picture. Turned out my S-video cable was bad...I figured it out when one time I lost the picture, I just randomly decided to play around with the connector.  I replaced it with a new cable, and all was fine.

May or may not be the same issue you are having, but the symptoms sound similar...